Beasley/THT/NAW
Fontecchio/Bolmaro/Agbaji
Markkanen/Vanderbilt/Johnson
Olynyk/Kessler/Azubuike

Two-Ways:
1. Juzang
2. Vacant

Not including: Jordan Clarkson, Rudy Gay
At this point it's likely imperative that we send out JC and waive RG; send out Beasley too. I think we're waiting on the right team to knock the door on Conley, but if a vet's gonna stay it's probably him. As many are saying, gauntlet of guard depth. Practice will be fascinating-- I think weakest links are Butler and Conley. I anticipate Sexton/THT lineups, with NAW backing up as third guard if Beasley and Conley are gone.

- George

Conley
Sexton
Fontecchio
Markkannen
Olynyk

I believe it will be that (not that i'd prefer it)

What I'd like to see is

Sexton
Beasley
Ochai or Simone
Lauri
Vando

Not sure Mike comes off the bench and it may hurt his perceived trade value.
I kinda believe the one we might actually be able to trade before the start of the season between Conley, Beasley and Clarkson is Beasley, as there's the team option and he's way more efficient than Clarkson. Any other trade i think might be either someone taking a surprising shot at Gay, and/or we dumping any of other guys such as Stanley Johnson, NAW, Lee (and/or the smaller contract we get in a Beasley deal if that's a 2 for 1 as the Bogey was) that we might be able to somehow ship into someone's trade exception. Also kinda think that Clarkson market might actually be higher around a month or two into the season and the trade deadline (like someone that starts the season in an underwhelming fashion and it's looking for an available new spark/scorer, like our case when we went for him). And that Conley market might be so low right now that it couldn't get any worse bar some big injury, maybe even he accepting to come out of the bench could even suggest he's willingfull to contribute as a sixth (or mentor) role somewhere else, and that could be positive, but they unfortunately won't wanna ask him to do so and give Abadji (or THT, or Clarkson for stat padding/rising trade value reasons) the starting spot from the get go.

My guess for the starting lineup

Sexton
Agbaji
Fontecchi
Markkanen
Olynyk

Sexton needs a 3&D guard next to him to cover his weak points and thus allow his strengths to be fully used. Olynyk is the perfect center to open up lanes for Sexton, Fontenechi and Markkanen. I wouldn't be surprised if Fontenechi or Markkanen will be the ones usually bringing the ball up (they both regularily did that during the Eurobasket in their teams, while you really don't want Sexton to get in love with the ball too much).

Sexton, Lauri are definitely starters.

The other two guys I think we need to start are Beasley and Vando... Malik has been great as a starter and if we are hoping his value will go up... he needs to start. Vando needs to start at center imo for a similar reason. I don't want Lauri out of position playing the 3.

If we are keeping all these vets we will need to adjust role for them so the guys we are building around are operating in their ideal roles. The fifth starter can be Simone or Ogbaji... I just have the feeling KO and/or Mike will start and while that might be the best way to win... it pushes everyone slightly away from the roles that will give them the most utility and value.

If Conley is still on the roster, I'd imagine he'd be starting, even if he and Sexton are the starting guards.

Sexton
Conley
Pistacchio
Markkanen
Olynyk

Main bench rotation would be:
Clarkson
Beasley
THT / NAW
Vanderbilt
Kessler

The addition of KO really gives you some wild lineup possibilities.

This is my prediction:

Sexton
Beasley
Vanderbilt
Markkanen
Olynyk

Sexton/Markkanen are undoubtedly our two main guys currently, so they have to start.

Clarkson is still 6th man type dude, so keeping him on the bench is an easy call. Beasley is likely going to be the starting 2 guard as he should be pretty motivated, but I wouldn't be shocked to see someone else start here if Beasley is as bad as advertised defensively and someone else brings it in training camp.

Olynyk is going to be too undeniably good to not start. The only caveat would be if they thing Walker Kessler is good enough to start that he would add a huge element of defense, but KO is probably the best/most proven team defender outside of Vanderbilt, so I dont see him not starting.

That brings me to Vanderbilt. The biggest weakness in this starting lineup is that everyone is an average to terrible defender. Vanderbilt gives the starting lineup a dog and someone to do the dirty work. Elite spacing is in the lineup so you can play a non-shooter like Vanderbilt next to two other bigs.

This is my prediction:

Sexton
Beasley
Vanderbilt
Markkanen
Olynyk

Sexton/Markkanen are undoubtedly our two main guys currently, so they have to start.

Clarkson is still 6th man type dude, so keeping him on the bench is an easy call. Beasley is likely going to be the starting 2 guard as he should be pretty motivated, but I wouldn't be shocked to see someone else start here if Beasley is as bad as advertised defensively and someone else brings it in training camp.

Olynyk is going to be to undeniably good to not start.

That brings me to Vanderbilt. The biggest weakness in this starting lineup is that everyone is an average to terrible defender. Vanderbilt gives the starting lineup a dog and someone to do the dirty work. Elite spacing is in the lineup so you can play a non-shooter like Vanderbilt next to two other bigs.
Vando plugs in 1 to 5 in all positions on defense. Playing him at the 3 may work well if there are 4 other shooters.

Also the Jazz having been posting a lot of videos/pics and Udoka looks visibly slimmer and in shape than he has been in the past.

The best thing I can say about Udoka is that he has been in terrible shape and/or injured his entire career so if he has any hidden NBA potential it's 100% tied to being in world-class shape so maybe this year he can do that.

This is my prediction:

Sexton
Beasley
Vanderbilt
Markkanen
Olynyk

Olynyk is going to be too undeniably good to not start. The only caveat would be if they thing Walker Kessler is good enough to start that he would add a huge element of defense, but KO is probably the best/most proven team defender outside of Vanderbilt, so I dont see him not starting.

Tony kinda said yesterday if Mike is here he will be starting.

Vando plugs in 1 to 5 in all positions on defense. Playing him at the 3 may work well if there are 4 other shooters.
Labels would be really counterproductive for that kind of lineup. Vanderbilt would be playing in the dunker's spot on offense (so basically the 5) and would be guarding whoever was needed on defense.

Guess it would be a Sexton/Conley backcourt thing, which makes sense. Doesnt really bother me.
Moves Beasley or KO to the bench though. I do think we should be really working to play Beasley a bunch to pump his value or see if he is a good long term piece.

I'll go Conley, Sexton, Lauri, Vando, OK.

That probably isn't the worst starting lineup in the league. Having both Beasley and Clarkson off the bench might be rough.

Center. Kelly
Pf. Vandy
Sf. Lauri
2g. Sexton
1g. Conley
6 man. Clarkson
7 man. Ostertag

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Opening Day Starting Lineup

Mike Conley
Malik Beaseley
Talen Horton-Tucker
Lauri Markkanen
Kelly Olynyk

After the Trade Deadline

- Mike Conley, Malike Beaseley, Jordan Clarkson traded.

Colin Sexton
Ochai Agbaji
Talen Horton-Tucker
Lauri Markkanen
Walker Kessler

Opening Day Starting Lineup

Mike Conley
Malik Beaseley
Talen Horton-Tucker
Lauri Markkanen
Kelly Olynyk

After the Trade Deadline

- Mike Conley, Malike Beaseley, Jordan Clarkson traded.

Colin Sexton
Ochai Agbaji
Talen Horton-Tucker
Lauri Markkanen
Walker Kessler

There is no way Sexton isn't in the starting lineup on opening night, also no way THT is in the starting lineup.