What's new

Predict Our Starting Lineup

Jingled

2019 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
I'm not sure we're going to be able to offload every single one of the vets before the season starts, and I kind of have a feeling Beasly and or Clarkson might still be here.

Sexton
Beasley
Fontecchio
Markkanen
Vando

Ferguson_Mellochill

2019 Prediction Contest Winner
Jazz are actually going to have decent perimeter shooting and floor spacing with Sexton, Beasley, Fontecchio and Markkanen out there.

whatthe

And when Vando rests Markannen can go to the five and Bolamaro can play the 1. We can have 4 shooters on the floor at all times. We may suck in the long run but I think if Will Hardy is good then I predict the Jazz will start with a winning record the first 20 games (and lose badly thereafter).

Ben10

And when Vando rests Markannen can go to the five and Bolamaro can play the 1. We can have 4 shooters on the floor at all times. We may suck in the long run but I think if Will Hardy is good then I predict the Jazz will start with a winning record the first 20 games (and lose badly thereafter).
Have you looked at our schedule? Our first 30 games are brutal. I think it would be opposite. We start off horribly with a new group and new coach and start playing better and become more competitive in February through the end of the season. Unless we shamelessly tank the last month of course

whatthe

Have you looked at our schedule? Our first 30 games are brutal. I think it would be opposite. We start off horribly with a new group and new coach and start playing better and become more competitive in February through the end of the season. Unless we shamelessly tank the last month of course
It is silly but a novel/new coach and recently traded players tend to be motivated. I am also counting on a delay in scouting intelligence for the first 20 games. That's my out there crazy prediction. Sometimes I hit on them - most of the time I don't. :)

Shad

Not sure I can predict who will be the Jazz starting five, but I am predicting Wolves vs. Cavs in the NBA Championship.
I don't like Kat but I would love to see Rudy get it over Donovan 10000000000000000000000000000x over

Ferguson_Mellochill

I think NAW and Butler's pulse might be viewed as very weak by the current regime.

I think Justin Zanik acquired NAW thinking the Jazz could develop him into something. Hard to say if they still feel that way or not.

Butler's Summer League didn't make him look like he's really a floor general type. Maybe if the spacing is better and the players around him are better he could do it. He sure looks like a backup right now though. His best attribute appears to be floor spacing with some secondary creation.

THT and Bolmaro aren't exactly efficient offensively either, so it's not like they're just going to blow by guys on the roster. I see all four of those guys being in the same boat. Jazz will develop one or two of them probably and eventually dump the others.

homeytennis

I think Justin Zanik acquired NAW thinking the Jazz could develop him into something. Hard to say if they still feel that way or not.

Butler's Summer League didn't make him look like he's really a floor general type. Maybe if the spacing is better and the players around him are better he could do it. He sure looks like a backup right now though. His best attribute appears to be floor spacing with some secondary creation.

THT and Bolmaro aren't exactly efficient offensively either, so it's not like they're just going to blow by guys on the roster.
I think I can make a good argument that these two are the worst players currently on the roster which I understand will have to change. Perhaps if some of the better players get shipped there might be room for them.

Ferguson_Mellochill

I think I can make a good argument that these two are the worst players currently on the roster which I understand will have to change. Perhaps if some of the better players get shipped there might be room for them.

I'm not sure I agree with this. Both THT and Bolmaro are sub-30% 3pt shooters at this stage. So unless that improves, or their defense and playmaking are amazing, I don't think they really eclipse the other guys. THT is as big a project as anyone on our current roster, imo. The Lakers paid him and hyped him up, but he doesn't have a clear role at this point. With NAW, he can at least spot up, guard a couple positions and move the ball. Butler should be a fairly reliable shooter if he doesn't try to do too much.

No one is going to bother guarding either THT or Bolmaro right now.