What's new

Predict the Rudy Gobert trade

We are literally watching the NBA Finals between two great defensive teams and people trying to figure out how to trade the DPOY and build around the worst defensive player in the league. Internet logic.
Because Rudy looks great in an entire system built around him. Until the playoffs...

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Charlotte for Washington, Rozier, Plumlee and #13.
Atlanta for Capela, Collins, future FRP.
Toronto for OG and GTJ.
Spurs for Poeltl, Richardson, #9 and another guy.
Washington, maybe with Conley attached, for a package that includes KCP, Kuzma and #10 in it.
Maybe Portland, but their potential package isn't great other than #7. They'd have to include Bledsoe and/or Nurkic re-signed.

There's enough of a market that the Jazz should be able to push Gobert's trade value up. Also, it may very well be a three-team trade to smooth everything out for everyone.

Another killer package would be Myles Turner and #6, if the Jazz could pull it off. Indiana is in a rebuild mode though, so I'm not sure how realistic that is. A three-team trade with Indiana could possibly work.

The Knicks are, you know, the Knicks.

Last edited:
Charlotte for Washington, Rozier, Plumlee and #13.
Atlanta for Capela, Collins, future FRP.
Toronto for OG and GTJ.
Spurs for Poeltl, Richardson, #9 and another guy.
Washington, maybe with Conley attached, for a package that includes KCP, Kuzma and #10 in it.
Maybe Portland, but their potential package isn't great other than #7. They'd have to include Bledsoe and/or Nurkic re-signed.

There's enough of a market that the Jazz should be able to push Gobert's trade value up. Also, it may very well be a three-team trade to smooth everything out for everyone.

Another killer package would be Myles Turner and #6, if the Jazz could pull it off. Indiana is in a rebuild mode though, so I'm not sure how realistic that is. A three-team trade with Indiana could possibly work.

The Spurs idea is interesting especially considering a possible reunion with Quin there.

The Spurs idea is interesting especially considering a possible reunion with Quin there.

Either a team believes in a traditional big or it doesn't. The Spurs have continued to believe in them. Gobert and Dejounte Murray also looked good together at the last ASG.

Even if we traded him to the Detroit Pistons imo

Well, yeah, but i have more faith on Pistons improving their record with a 5th overall than the Kings with the 4th. The Magic with the 1st may be a more accurate comparison of "they'll just find a way to suck again no matter what", like the Kings

Teams don’t value Rudy the same as JazzFanz does especially with his age and contract.
Spit this “JazzFanz” ish out your mouth. He will not be valued on the market commensurate to his massive impact on the game.

In other words, I know what you’re saying and ultimately agree but the backhanded way in which you did it isn’t on point.

Teams don’t value Rudy the same as JazzFanz does especially with his age and contract.
Teams value Rudy a ton, they are just aware Donovan Mitchell is running the franchise and he wants Rudy gone, so why would anyone be lining up to pay too much when a bargain deal is likely?

“Sometimes the best move is no move.”

-KOC

Impressive spinning lmao. You’ll make an excuse for Rudy for anything. His market is very few teams due to his contract and age.
I'm not spinning anything lmao.

Just think logically instead of just trying to take a contrarian position to me.

You are a team on the outside, you see the drama and you see Mitchell taking more and more control over team decisions. Why on Earth would you start off any Gobert trade discussions with a strong offer? You know Mitchell would prefer him off the team, so he will get his way.

I'm not spinning anything lmao.

Just think logically instead of just trying to take a contrarian position to me.

You are a team on the outside, you see the drama and you see Mitchell taking more and more control over team decisions. Why on Earth would you start off any Gobert trade discussions with a strong offer? You know Mitchell would prefer him off the team, so he will get his way.

Gobert is the best defensive player of all-time and instantly makes you a 50+ win team. Why would you not start off with a strong offer?

Look at what the Lakers paid for Anthony Davis when he wanted out and look what the Clippers paid for Paul George. Those guys asked out.

Gobert is the best defensive player of all-time and instantly makes you a 50+ win team. Why would you not start off with a strong offer?

Look at what the Lakers paid for Anthony Davis when he wanted out and look what the Clippers paid for Paul George. Those guys asked out.

Those guys had added leverage because the team trading for them had another free agent All Star waiting to commit, so it was like getting two All Stars in one trade.

Did you read what I typed? You are asking a question I just answered for you. Either respond to my answer with some kind of critique or something. Don't pull a Lopo and just bury your head in the sand and not have an actual basketball discussion.

Did you read what I typed? You are asking a question I just answered for you. Either respond to my answer with some kind of critique or something. Don't pull a Lopo and just bury your head in the sand and not have an actual basketball discussion.

I’m legit asking you why a team wouldn’t start off with a good offer for the type of level of player Gobert is. No other player his caliber has gone for less because they wanted out or the other teams knew they did.