What's new

Predict the Rudy Gobert trade

For what it’s worth the locked on Hawks guy said he wouldn’t even do JC and Capela for Rudy… definitely wouldn’t add anything to it. Wildly different than how we are talking. Maybe there is no middle ground? The locked on Hawks guy seems to over value JC a bit as he said he wouldn’t do JC for #7 straight up… prolly not the best measuring stick.
He enjoys being a play in team with one of the worst defenses in the NBA. The Rudy slander has gotten out of hand, dude basically guarantees you 50 wins.

If I remember correctly Ainge did get Charlotte to do a sign and trade for Hayward, creating a large trade exception. They only got a half season of Evan Fournier out of that, but they didn’t lose Hayward for nothing.
Trade exceptions are nice in theory but difficult to actually use unless you have and are willing to give up significant draft capital.

Ainge apparently agreed in principle to trade Smart and pick 22 in the 2019 draft for Capela but it fell through as the Hawks wanted Brandon Clarke but the Grizzlies took him at 21.

We would definitely be taking Capela back in any Atlanta deal. Capela/Collins/16 will most likely be the middle ground I’m guessing.
I am probably as locked in as anyone in Hawks nation and I've never heard of this before. I don't even think we had Capela around this time. In fact, we didn't even have Jabari Parker or Damien Jones so I am gonna call super cap.

The more I look at these Atlanta rumors, I want the Okongwu kid. Sure Atlanta likes him, but they know that Rudy Gobert helps them so much right now. It might be asking too much, but getting Collins and Okongwu and maybe a lil more locks in our post for a while.

Then trade Bojan and Conley for perimeter help.

What the hell does this mean? Is this some Atlanta thing?
What does cap mean in slang?

to lie

In Black slang, to cap about something is “to brag,” “to exaggerate,” or “to lie” about it. This meaning of cap dates back to the early 1900s.Apr 5, 2019

I am probably as locked in as anyone in Hawks nation and I've never heard of this before. I don't even think we had Capela around this time. In fact, we didn't even have Jabari Parker or Damien Jones so I am gonna call super cap.

Lol dude you think every single thing gets leaked to the media? We had Ingles traded before the season and nobody knows what the package was.

Am I going to believe you or Jake Fischer lolz?

One relevant data point for those conversations: In 2019, when Jazz CEO of basketball operations Danny Ainge was still the president of basketball operations for the Boston Celtics, they held serious draft night trade discussions with the Houston Rockets about acquiring Clint Capela for Marcus Smart and the No. 22 pick, sources told B/R. The agreed-in-principle deal ultimately fell short, but the Rockets were targeting Brandon Clarke before the Memphis Grizzlies swept in to steal the Gonzaga product at No. 21.

I do think the problem here is Capela was on the Rockets not the Hawks lol.

I think Vuc is a better asset than Capela….but we should treat both the way Tony treats Vuc when we go to the negotiation table. It’s looking like trading Gobert ha not been made a mandate by Don/CAA. We should be asking for the world.

I think Vuc is a better asset than Capela….but we should treat both the way Tony treats Vuc when we go to the negotiation table. It’s looking like trading Gobert ha not been made a mandate by Don/CAA. We should be asking for the world.

Ok.. he said Williams and 3 firsts.

Rudy and Bogey for Collins/Hunter/Capela/16/Charlotte pick

I don't think its been mandated at all. I do think those two are much less likely to figure things out now than they were after the Covid fiasco. I think there will be the bad vibes and **** until things change. If Don sees this as a 12 month assignment he is more likely to check out with Rudy here.

I've gotten to the apathy stage... just do whatever... none of it has a great shot at working out. I just wish they'd both go completely selfless and give it 100% effort to work together. Think there may be too much scar tissue for that.

Locke did seem to support the theory that its keep those two together and if it doesn't work in a year then trade them all. Would absolutely cause some people to melt which would be kinda funny

I don't think its been mandated at all. I do think those two are much less likely to figure things out now than they were after the Covid fiasco. I think there will be the bad vibes and **** until things change. If Don sees this as a 12 month assignment he is more likely to check out with Rudy here.

I've gotten to the apathy stage... just do whatever... none of it has a great shot at working out. I just wish they'd both go completely selfless and give it 100% effort to work together. Think there may be too much scar tissue for that.

I've just always thought that the beef was overstated...at least when it comes to how it effected the success of the team. They may hate each other's guts, but that's not what was preventing this team from performing. I don't think you need to be friends with your teammates (it's probably better if you're not), and the main source of the frustration was the fact the team just was stale and not very good. Keeping almost the same exact roster and not introducing new faces/personalities did not help.

People put way to much emphasis on the personal beef between the two and not enough on the failures of roster construction and coaching. If Don and Rudy were BFF's, nothing would have changed about our playoff fate the last few years. If we had better coaching and roster coaching I think our fate would have changed, even if they don't like each other personally....but I'd speculate there'd be no drama to report if we were succeeding on the court as has been always been the case.

I really don't want the FO failures to get swept under the rug because of the drama. This team didn't fail because of personal beef, no matter how real it pales in comparison to the obvious on court/roster issues.

I've just always thought that the beef was overstated...at least when it comes to how it effected the success of the team. They may hate each other's guts, but that's not what was preventing this team from performing. I don't think you need to be friends with your teammates (it's probably better if you're not), and the main source of the frustration was the fact the team just was stale and not very good. Keeping almost the same exact roster and not introducing new faces/personalities did not help.

People put way to much emphasis on the personal beef between the two and not enough on the failures of roster construction and coaching. If Don and Rudy were BFF's, nothing would have changed about our playoff fate the last few years. If we had better coaching and roster coaching I think our fate would have changed, even if they don't like each other personally....but I'd speculate there'd be no drama to report if we were succeeding on the court as has been always been the case.

I really don't want the FO failures to get swept under the rug because of the drama. This team didn't fail because of personal beef, no matter how real it pales in comparison to the obvious on court/roster issues.
They don't play for each other though.... I think it absolutely bleeds over. It can be counterproductive to be too close... but I just feel its an environment of too much selfishness and it starts with those two. I know they eat together sometimes but I just think its different than a traditional work environment. If you don't get along I think it does matter.