What's new

Predict the Rudy Gobert trade

Truth and facts? Lol man.

Your definition of "tank" is my definition of "rebuild". Boston did plenty of rebuilding. That's what you do to maximize assets.

Like I said before and I stand by it....

GS didn't tank until they had already drafted Curry and Klay.

Boston never really tanked. They just were awful then drafted well.

San Antonio tanked one time but only because they had major injuries.

The only thing I would add is that GS tanked again to get Wiseman. TBD on if that pays off. But yeah, Boston never tanked. They just rebuilt and rebuilt so well even when they failed in the Kyrie and Kemba experiments.
What.... I said tanking and rebuilding and bottoming out are all basically synonymous. You also said no team traded all stars to get worse turned out well. When you rebuild you tear **** down... sell stuff off... for stuff with future value... and if you lose much more that's great because we will reload. Boston won 25 games in the Wiggins draft year... sold off Green Rondo and whatever else they could to do so... that is ****ing tanking. They sold off their damn coach for hells sake. They were intentionally bad and drafted well at the top of the damn draft.

And however you label it how is it different than what I am proposing... Boston sold off assets were bad for a year or two and used those assets to build a contender. I am saying we should sell off assets be bad for a year or two and hopefully hit on the picks to build a contender.

You are just flat out wrong. Tanking, rebuilding, selling off assets to bottom out... they are all the same thing. Teams that win by understanding the NBA circle of life win far more often than teams that get lucky by nailing a pick in the mid first round.

What.... I said tanking and rebuilding and bottoming out are all basically synonymous. You also said no team traded all stars to get worse turned out well. When you rebuild you tear **** down... sell stuff off... for stuff with future value... and if you lose much more that's great because we will reload. Boston won 25 games in the Wiggins draft year... sold off Green Rondo and whatever else they could to do so... that is ****ing tanking. They sold off their damn coach for hells sake. They were intentionally bad and drafted well at the top of the damn draft.

And however you label it how is it different than what I am proposing... Boston sold off assets were bad for a year or two and used those assets to build a contender. I am saying we should sell off assets be bad for a year or two and hopefully hit on the picks to build a contender.

You are just flat out wrong. Tanking, rebuilding, selling off assets to bottom out... they are all the same thing. Teams that win by understanding the NBA circle of life win far more often than teams that get lucky by nailing a pick in the mid first round.
They aren't the same thing. It's okay if somebody disagrees with you.

Rebuilding is finding a new way to win with new parts.

Tanking is having the ability to win with current pieces but choosing to lose on purpose.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Another mention on the Hoop Collective pod.

Windhorst asks McMahon and Bontemps if they would trade them both. McMahon says yes... but then adds I'm not Ryan Smith who thinks Utah is really neat and has an all star game this year. Like if you don't believe its real then I don't know what to tell you. McMahon also hints that the trade request is coming sooner or later and the coaching change would have been a good excuse but doesn't think they are there... yet.

Bontemps also agreed he'd trade them both now.

I've been pretty consistent that it depends on the offers and if you trade one you trade them both... but at this point I think anyone left this next year will have a stain that is no bueno... so go ahead and move Rudy now. Our organizational goals are completely stupid... its impossible to do competent things in this environment. We may hit on some things by chance but this next year is going to be the post-Dwill Ty Corbin Jefferson year where we all kinda just looked around like "what exactly is the plan here".

Another mention on the Hoop Collective pod.

Windhorst asks McMahon and Bontemps if they would trade them both. McMahon says yes... but then adds I'm not Ryan Smith who thinks Utah is really neat and has an all star game this year. Like if you don't believe its real then I don't know what to tell you. McMahon also hints that the trade request is coming sooner or later and the coaching change would have been a good excuse but doesn't think they are there... yet.

Bontemps also agreed he'd trade them both now.

I've been pretty consistent that it depends on the offers and if you trade one you trade them both... but at this point I think anyone left this next year will have a stain that is no bueno... so go ahead and move Rudy now. Our organizational goals are completely stupid... its impossible to do competent things in this environment. We may hit on some things by chance but this next year is going to be the post-Dwill Ty Corbin Jefferson year where we all kinda just looked around like "what exactly is the plan here".

It wouldn't surprise me if the Jazz have come to the conclusion that they should trade both Gobert and Mitchell, but don't feel that they need to trade both this offseason. I think they'll try to get a haul for Gobert this offseason and try to get a haul for Mitchell next offseason....unless someone blows them away with an offer on Mitchell this offseason. In other words, they'll trade both, but do so opportunistically. Again, New Orleans is the example I'd point to. Davis brought in a haul. Then Jrue brought in another haul a year later.

If it were me, I'd go ahead and trade Mitchell if I could get a top-3 pick in this draft, plus a future pick.

Last edited:
It wouldn't surprise me if the Jazz have come to the conclusion that they should trade both Gobert and Mitchell, but don't feel that they need to trade both this offseason. I think they'll try to get a haul for Gobert this offseason and try to get a haul for Mitchell next offseason....unless someone blows them away with an offer on Mitchell this offseason. In other words, they'll trade both, but do so opportunistically.
I believe what we are being fed pretty much. Rudy is on the block for a good offer... Donovan is not being discussed until someone blows them away.

Its fine... we can hover around .500 or worse and then Donovan misses the AS game. Goes to Cancun for the break and doesn't return Ryan's calls. Then move him at the deadline or next offseason. Ryan experiences massive embarrassment. It will be fun.

Do you disagree with what I said or just choose to dislike me for the common group think when it comes to me?

A lot of people can’t differentiate their feelings and emotions from actual reality sometimes. So if someone doesn’t like Donovan they automatically don’t like you and it’s easier to bash on you to be a part of the cool posters club than not.

A lot of people can’t differentiate their feelings and emotions from actual reality sometimes. So if someone doesn’t like Donovan they automatically don’t like you and it’s easier to bash on you to be a part of the cool posters club than not.
This is true. The thing that hurts LoPo is he will throw out a random thing like Donovan doesn't use PNR that much so it makes it seem like he is being disingenuous sometimes.

In reality though a lot of what both of us have said about Gobert is coming to fruition which drives so many people on here mad lmao.

This is true. The thing that hurts LoPo is he will throw out a random thing like Donovan doesn't use PNR that much so it makes it seem like he is being disingenuous sometimes.

In reality though a lot of what both of us have said about Gobert is coming to fruition which drives so many people on here mad lmao.
Yeah, that was a stupid comment by me. I owned it and ate it.

It's insane to trade one and not both. The offers will not improve by the amount of equity you lose by not fully tanking.

Do you disagree with what I said or just choose to dislike me for the common group think when it comes to me?

No matter what anybody says you just repeat the same stuff over and over and over. Any criticism is battled with “YOU JUST FOLLOW THE GROUP!”

So like I said, like talking to a brick wall. Nothing changes.

Gobert isn't on the same level as Hakeem
As a defensive player? In the 80’s Gobert would’ve gotten multiple 10+ block games. More specifically, I am saying Gobert is the best defensive player since Hakeem which is ~2 generations ago.

Nobody on earth would say Hakeem and Gobert are on the same level on both sides of the court. So I didn’t.