What's new

Predict the Rudy Gobert trade

I love Mike, but I would do that in a heartbeat.

I don’t think Kuzma is good, but I’ve felt for awhile that instead of opting for the age 30+ crew we should just take chances on youngish guys who are better fits or can develop into better players. That was/is our best chance at winning because even though Mike/Bogey are good players, the team wasn’t good enough to win as constricted and didn’t have any upside.

Rudy Gobert's house is for sale which features his custom made basketball court which explains his lack of range.

1656003630782.png

On Kyle… sure.

I do wonder how Murray entering the trade market (kind of) makes things a little murky on the other pgs. Like I think the Knicks end up sending 11 out for Brogdon… but now they might say let’s send out 11 and more and get Murray instead… then the Wiz may give something up for Malcolm… and Conley ends up odd man out. If Atlanta gets Murray it doesn’t change anything.

My only prediction for tonight that I feel great about is Knicks or Kings do something goofy and short sighted. I wonder if tonight becomes the quiet draft night after everyone is expecting never ending Woj bombs.

I think you’re right about Brogdon and Murray. They are certainly more desired than Conley. But my feeling is that teams are being shy to put everything on the table. It’s one of the reasons why I don’t think Gobert is getting traded. Correct or incorrect, I think teams are more comfortable going for the cheaper solution to their problems.

I love how wanting to trade Rudy automatically equates to being a hater. With that logic we have a bunch of Donovan haters on this board. 90% Donovan haters vs 10% Rudy haters.

I love how wanting to trade Rudy automatically equates to being a hater. With that logic we have a bunch of Donovan haters on this board. 90% Donovan haters vs 10% Rudy haters.
i'll admit, i'm a bit of a dm hater. i don't think the jazz ever find success with dm as the #1 option. defense is too porous and just not efficient enough on the offensive end to make up for it.

i'll admit, i'm a bit of a dm hater. i don't think the jazz ever find success with dm as the #1 option. defense is too porous and just not efficient enough on the offensive end to make up for it.

Hater is such a strong word to me. On the flip side of that how can you think we will find success with Rudy taking up 1/4 of our cap while he enters his 30’s?

I don't really hate him, but I would absolutely admit to harboring some resentment toward DM. No problem admitting this.

Hater is such a strong word to me. On the flip side of that how can you think we will find success with Rudy taking up 1/4 of our cap while he enters his 30’s?
You're such a Rudy hater EH. How dare you? Rudy Gobert invented defense a few weeks after Naismith wove the peach basket.

It’s just sad that it has come to this picking a side and hating on the other side for a lot of Jazz fans.

You're such a Rudy hater EH. How dare you? Rudy Gobert invented defense a few weeks after Naismith wove the peach basket.

I just can’t imagine hating on a dude who saved us from basketball purgatory when Hayward left and helped us rise from the ashes into the superstar he has become. He literally carried us to the second round and up 2-0 against a great defensive team on one ****ing leg. **** was so inspiring to me.

If it happened it would definitely be tonight, right before or during the draft, but what I mean is that I am less and less convinced a trade will happen at any point this summer as time goes on.
I actually think a trade gets more likely as the summer moves on. I said in another thread that for other teams trading for Gobert may be a second or third option for teams that didn’t get the other players they were targeting.

It’s just sad that it has come to this picking a side and hating on the other side for a lot of Jazz fans.
That's been my problem all along. It's been tug of war between Don and Rudy people.

Everybody should realize that we moved all our chips into the middle of the table with the stupid Conley trade. Add in that we have whiffed on MLE and picks since then too. Since we failed building around Rudy and Don, we gotta make the best business decision which is trade Rudy at his current highest value.

It's not personal. It's strictly business.

wanting to trade donovan doesn't mean being a hater either. look up cognitive dissonance some time

EDIT: it really sucks when this board goes back to high school bickering and cliques

I just can’t imagine hating on a dude who saved us from basketball purgatory when Hayward left and helped us rise from the ashes into the superstar he has become. He literally carried us to the second round and up 2-0 against a great defensive team on one ****ing leg. **** was so inspiring to me.
Exactly. I'm always blown away when I see people bashing Donovan. I just don't get it. When has he done anything against anybody worthy of hating him like these people do?

Exactly. I'm always blown away when I see people bashing Donovan. I just don't get it. When has he done anything against anybody worthy of hating him like these people do?

We traded a second round pick for his childhood best friend Paschall. Who actually did great in his extremely limited minutes in the playoffs. Can you believe we did that? So ****ing corny.

wanting to trade donovan doesn't mean being a hater either. look up cognitive dissonance some time

EDIT: it really sucks when this board goes back to high school bickering and cliques

My man… Cy just called people who want to trade Rudy haters I was simply using his logic.