What's new

Predict the Rudy Gobert trade

If Rudy's trade value is poor I'm comfortable just riding it out another year... If the offer is Williams, 18, and Vooch/White and we chose to walk away... I'm cool. If its less than that they can eff off.

If it's Williams, Terry, a future 1st, and we can find a home for Vuc giving us another asset or 1st, I might consider that.

If Rudy's trade value is poor I'm comfortable just riding it out another year... If the offer is Williams, 18, and Vooch/White and we chose to walk away... I'm cool. If its less than that they can eff off.
The only thing that concerns me is I don't think that his trade value is going to get higher.

I'm going to shift my prediction to the Jazz/Suns swap Ayton/Gobert where Utah sends Bogey/Rudy to the Suns for Ayton/Cam Johnson/Landry Shamet.

Suns go all in on next year.

They give up Cam and Ayton, who they dont seem to want to pay, while getting off a bad signing in Shamet.

Jazz get to "extend their window" (window of being a 6th seed) by getting younger while still remaining respectably good.

If San Antonio is able to get Murray without using Collins, I think the Hawks will trade for Rudy in a deal built around Collins, Griffin and other pieces. Atlanta would be going completely all in. Maybe we get Huerter and even Okongwu too.

Trae
Murray
Hunter
Rudy

If Atlanta gets Murray, they might actually send us Hunter after all. They are reluctant to extend him anyway.

I'm going to shift my prediction to the Jazz/Suns swap Ayton/Gobert where Utah sends Bogey/Rudy to the Suns for Ayton/Cam Johnson/Landry Shamet.

They give up Cam and Ayton, who they dont seem to want to pay, while getting off a bad signing in Shamet.

Jazz get to "extend their window" (window of being a 6th seed) by getting younger while still remaining respectably good.
Then Rudy is coming to SLC for ASW and the only festivities DM will participate in is his coronation as mayor.

But I don’t think Ainge is going to deal with Phoenix.

Then Rudy is coming to SLC for ASW and the only festivities DM will participate in is his coronation as mayor.

But I don’t think Ainge is going to deal with Phoenix.
I think PHX may be the ones who say no to that, just because Sarver is so cheap IDK if he'd want to pay Gobert long-term. But maybe Utah would say no because I think Smith is also going to start being very cheap as well.

This doesn’t work salary wise at all. With sign-and-trades the player who was just signed only counts as half of the salary he signs. It would have to be Ayton + Crowder or Saric or Shamet. If you add in Bogey we are taking back Ayton + 3 of Crowder/Saric/Shamet/Johnson.

This doesn’t work salary wise at all. With sign-and-trades the player who was just signed only counts as half of the salary he signs. It would have to be Ayton + Crowder or Saric or Shamet. If you add in Bogey we are taking back Ayton + 3 of Crowder/Saric/Shamet/Johnson.

Plus on top of this we’d be hard capped at the apron which would mean waiving Juancho plus potentially having to cut salary somewhere. It would be close depending on the deal.

Plus on top of this we’d be hard capped at the apron which would mean waiving Juancho plus potentially having to cut salary somewhere. It would be close depending on the deal.
Yep.

I think Atlanta, with Murray, goes after Rudy using Hunter. Just makes too much sense. Spurs don't want Collins because they want to tank. Jazz have interest in Collins and Hunter.

Yep.

I think Atlanta, with Murray, goes after Rudy using Hunter. Just makes too much sense. Spurs don't want Collins because they want to tank. Jazz have interest in Collins and Hunter.

I’m surprised you aren’t creaming at the idea of getting Crowder. He would be our missing piece according to you lmao.

Yep.

I think it's more likely one or the other. They'd be gutting their draft assets and depth if they made both trades.

I’m surprised you aren’t creaming at the idea of getting Crowder. He would be our missing piece according to you lmao.
Crowder was key in 2019. We should have found a way to include Favors in the Conley deal instead of Crowder. Or just not do the Conley deal.

Now, I would take him but he doesn't move the needle for me.

I don't want Ayton. I want to play a different style of basketball.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

I could see phoenix doing this. I think if you put Rudy and Bogey there they could win it all.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

This can't be true. But yeah, the part about the hard capping is a thing I thought might be an issue. Arent there ways around that though? Like doing the trade after each team has made their off-season moves?