What's new

Preseason Game #6: Jazz visits LA @7:30 PM on ROOT

Quinn seems like a smart guy. I have a lot of confidence that he'll teach the players his systems, match the lineups that work well together, develop the young guys so they show improvement and create rotations that will match up well against their opponents.

I'm hoping that that DL gives him the same, "it's not about wins or losses" directive that he gave Ty last year so that Quin can use this season to experiment with his lineups AND develop these young kids. I fully believe that with a year of learning and growing this team could become really good by next year. They're probably still a lottery team this year, but hopefully with shot at moving up into the top 6 if the league changes the lottery rules. Either that, or I'd love to see them package some of their substantial assets into a deal for an All-Star guy to lead the young core. Gobert, Favors, Hayward, Burks, Burke, Exum and Hood have all looked really good. Hopefully Kanter (and Burks) can show even more improvement as well.

Exum, Gobert and Burks are all fun to watch. In pretty much every game, one of those three makes an individual play that leaves me speechless. I'm glad that Favors, Hayward and Burke all look great right now, but Rudy, Dante and Alec are the wild cards right now. I'm interested in seeing how they fit into the lineup and what kind of games they'll each have by the end of the season. The improvement and development from all of the young guys has made me really excited about the potential for this team a few years from now.

I love how the Lakers play Bryant for over 30 minutes. We play GH & Favors for 12 minutes each. We didn't lose this game - we played it as a preseason game and to gauge the talent of the lesser players. The Lakers have injuries but they could have given Smith or Brown more of Kobe's minutes.

I love how the Lakers play Bryant for over 30 minutes. We play GH & Favors for 12 minutes each. We didn't lose this game - we played it as a preseason game and to gauge the talent of the lesser players. The Lakers have injuries but they could have given Smith or Brown more of Kobe's minutes.

This.

When the Jazz played their actual team, or most of it as Burke never played, they were stomping the Lakers.

All I have to say is that it was a preseason game and all the analyzing is funny. I think there are too many preseason games. Four would be just fine. Let the season begin. I am excited about the team and think the Jazz are going to surprise a few teams.

All I have to say is that it was a preseason game and all the analyzing is funny. I think there are too many preseason games. Four would be just fine. Let the season begin. I am excited about the team and think the Jazz are going to surprise a few teams.

I think theres more to preseason games then people think. You can't just wave your hands and say, "it's preseason" and make everything mean nothing.

I think theres more to preseason games then people think. You can't just wave your hands and say, "it's preseason" and make everything mean nothing.

Really depends on the team. Obviously Utah needs more work this preseason due to a new coach, new system, many new players. Half the preseason before used to be about guys getting back into shape. Now they work out together during the offseason. The 44-min game won't fly. And I don't think the players will give back money in order to cut games in the regular season. Both owners and players seem to be ok with cutting the preseason in half.

As far as the standing goes, preseason means nothing. Yes it is a time to practice and allow our young guys to get game experience but preseason is no guarantee of regular season success and has zero bearing on the regular season standings.

As far as the standing goes, preseason means nothing. Yes it is a time to practice and allow our young guys to get game experience but preseason is no guarantee of regular season success and has zero bearing on the regular season standings.

Agreed, but I think that it can give you an idea about where a team and individual players are in their development and knowledge of the system. Most of the guys they face are legit NBA talents in a system of their own. Way more beneficial than summer league IMO, which is all hype. The Jazz have looked good so far. It likely won't last once there's something on the line, but I hope that the Jazz worry a lot more about developing players, teaching the system and figuring out which lineups work best together a lot more than they do wins and losses.

As far as that goes, the regular season games should be worth the same to the Jazz for at least this year. Use it to learn, and then focus your efforts on winning next year. That's not to say they should try to lose, but they shouldn't stress out over losses.

THere was a jumbo tron feed for the Portland game? How does that even become available?
Maybe a fan at the game recorded the jumbo tron somehow and posted online live somehow.

Don't know if the technology to do that exists but I figure it probably does

Last edited: