What's new

Preseason Game: The Jazz @ Lakers ...Countdown to the Regularity...

Thought he made more. Seeing as he had 18 points and didn't remember any 2 pt shots. Point conceded.

I was teasin someone about giving people gruff for stating their observations and thought. Pretty simple...

To me, a lot of it seemed to be entirely based off box score reading from people who didn't watch the game. That's what I was criticizing.

I fell into same delusion couple of times when watchin pre-season games cause their beards looks alike and they both got a head like a ****ing orange.

Lol if I was the coach, I would flood the roster with those baldies and play drum solos on them to ease the stress of the late day's tiredness.

To me, a lot of it seemed to be entirely based off box score reading from people who didn't watch the game. That's what I was criticizing.

Oh, then by all means. My comment was all in good fun anyways.

"Watching people try and draw meanin[ful] inferences from preseason games is funny." = "Off with their heads!!!"?

It was an over dramatic exaggeration in response. I fail to see the problem. Have you started that thread about a guys wife yet?

You misunderstand, that's for Beantown to do. You know, his old-hat, 'nothing to see here' move?

No, I got it. I am just in a light hearted ribbing mood today. You just mentioned it in that other thread so I thought I'd throw it in here.

Kanter really needs to learn how to pass when posting up. He's the only guy who has the potential to be a decent first option on this team. But not without much better passing.
If Hayward is taking 15+ shots a night, he might not even crack 40% from the field this season. I really hope he's just adapting to his new role. And I don't know if it's just me, but his layups always look awkward. It feels like they are never going in. He had a reverse layup attempt yesterday that wasn't even close. Kinda reminds me of AK.
I'll be surprised if Favors is not top 3 in rebounding this year. He was better offensively last night. He should keep improving his passing, score when open, on putbacks and out of the pick and roll. Corbin should stop trying to post him up. Having Trey back will help him. Or bringing Tinsley back. I have no idea why the Jazz haven't brought him back yet. Lucas, Hudson and Machado are not good enough PGs.
I'm a bit down on Burks. He's reminding me of CJ. He has some good moments and I keep expecting him to finally take the next step, but sometimes it just seems like it won't happen. Hope I'm wrong on this one as it is still too early. But I'm not as excited about him as I once was.
I really expect the Jazz to suck hard for the first one or two months of the season. After players get more comfortable in their new roles and we get Marvin, Rush and Trey back, I think we'll be close to a .500 team.

Kanter really needs to learn how to pass when posting up. He's the only guy who has the potential to be a decent first option on this team. But not without much better passing.
If Hayward is taking 15+ shots a night, he might not even crack 40% from the field this season. I really hope he's just adapting to his new role. And I don't know if it's just me, but his layups always look awkward. It feels like they are never going in. He had a reverse layup attempt yesterday that wasn't even close. Kinda reminds me of AK.
I'll be surprised if Favors is not top 3 in rebounding this year. He was better offensively last night. He should keep improving his passing, score when open, on putbacks and out of the pick and roll. Corbin should stop trying to post him up. Having Trey back will help him. Or bringing Tinsley back. I have no idea why the Jazz haven't brought him back yet. Lucas, Hudson and Machado are not good enough PGs.
I'm a bit down on Burks. He's reminding me of CJ. He has some good moments and I keep expecting him to finally take the next step, but sometimes it just seems like it won't happen. Hope I'm wrong on this one as it is still too early. But I'm not as excited about him as I once was.
I really expect the Jazz to suck hard for the first one or two months of the season. After players get more comfortable in their new roles and we get Marvin, Rush and Trey back, I think we'll be close to a .500 team.

The positive thing is that he is already as good as Big Al was and has the potential to be better. A sequence in last nights game he was posting up on the block and saw the double team coming and immediatly kicked it out to the uncovered man. It was good to see. Now he needs to improve on that and make it consistent.

IE burks: looks like a mother chuckin cj when playing with holliday, cook, biedrins, macguire and the rest of the scrubs.

Play him with hayward, favors, kanter (like it should be) and he looks pretty good..... rebounding, getting assists, playing good defense, and picking his spots on offense.

When he is playing with a bunch of ****birds he chucks.... when playing with other actual nba players he looks pretty good.

So the solution would be to start him imo.... plus it seems that the starters could use some more scoring..... and the bench is gonna suck whether burks is part of the bench or not, so might as well start him and give him some confidence along with a chance to succeed

IE burks: looks like a mother chuckin cj when playing with holliday, cook, biedrins, macguire and the rest of the scrubs.

Play him with hayward, favors, kanter (like it should be) and he looks pretty good..... rebounding, getting assists, playing good defense, and picking his spots on offense.

When he is playing with a bunch of ****birds he chucks
.... when playing with other actual nba players he looks pretty good.

So the solution would be to start him imo.... plus it seems that the starters could use some more scoring..... and the bench is gonna suck whether burks is part of the bench or not, so might as well start him and give him some confidence along with a chance to succeed

I think that is becasue he knows the bench needs to score and he is the only real option.

I think that is becasue he knows the bench needs to score and he is the only real option.

Exactly..... which is not a good thing for his future development.... unless we want him to just be a chucker.

Like I said, the bench is gonna suck no matter what so it really doesnt matter who is in the bench unit.... so I would like to see how burks would do in that starting lineup with the rest of the core.

Maybe he would not chuck and would have great chemistry with kanter favors and hayward and would improve the starting unit as a whole.

We will l probably never know though since corbin has never started him before, I doubt he will anytime soon.

Also it seems like hayward is under alot of pressure to score, handle the ball, and get assists and it seems that his shooting percentage has suffered because of it.... plus burks is chucking with the reserves and his shooting percentage is suffering too... maybe starting burks would help hayward since he would have another scorer and ball handler on the floor with him and help burks not feel the need to shoot all the time as well