What's new

Preseason Game: The Jazz @ Lakers ...Countdown to the Regularity...

nba_g_ujazzts_576.jpg

x610.jpg

Attachments

• x610.jpg
    x610.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 11
This is good match to see what happens when Favors- Kanter duo does not step on the court. Our offense really struggles badly when Kanter is not stepping on the court and our interior defense sucks when Favors is not stepping on the court to cover all deficiencies at defense.

Is Kanter going to get exposed this year? Is the reason his defensive numbers were good last year because he played with favors? Is he such a bad passer and turnover prone that his offense isn't that great? Is he getting progressively less aggressive on the boards? These are the fear in the back of everyone's minds. I hope it isn't the case.

Hayward looking like our best player by far in that second quarter. I liked favors though even though he didn't score many of his opportunities i thought he looked better

Is Kanter going to get exposed this year? Is the reason his defensive numbers were good last year because he played with favors? Is he such a bad passer and turnover prone that his offense isn't that great? Is he getting progressively less aggressive on the boards? These are the fear in the back of everyone's minds. I hope it isn't the case.

He's still really rusty from not playing, and it seems like he's a little worried about his shoulder.

He's getting better at boxin out opponents and taking defensive boards more in last matches but it's still concerning point for him. He's improving to rotate on defense but possible to say that he's long way to go. He still does not know how and when to pass against double team but we gotta be patient cause you can not buy the experience.

These are good Qs but we can't have a solid idea. Kanter looks sharp and then is benched after 6 mins. Guess what? He comes back in after 4 mins. Yes, rotations like this.. WTH?

I don't think he's 100% yet. He seems timid and unsure to trust his shoulder. However with that said, I do think he needs to be more "aware" on defense. Sometimes he looks lost on defense and other teams attack it like the Lakers are doing tonight.

I was about to say the Jazz need to get a better PG, but then I realized JLIII is our man for the Riggins for Wiggins.

Hayward doing a little of everything. We've even seen him post up some, and a lot here think he's only worth 8-9 million.

Only 8-9 million?
Decent chunk of change if ya ask me.

Also I have seen a lot of posters say they would be ok with up to 10 million

Everyone was just freaking out when it was rumored that he would get more than favors

I was about to say the Jazz need to get a better PG, but then I realized JLIII is our man for the Riggins for Wiggins.

PG problem for the jazz has been continuing since Deron williams' leaving. I'm really wishing badly to see Burke stopping this process. Not easy to find PGs who has got natural ability to make the plays.

Other than the start of the game (when he was killing it), Kanter was playing with Burks and a bunch of scrubs and none of them were interested in giving Kanter the ball where he could score. One play in particular irritated the hell out of me -- Burks signals Kanter to come out of the low post, supposedly to set a screen, but as soon as Kanter begins to move, Burks drives into the middle of 4 gold jerseys and passes out to the corner for someone to shoot the 3 -- and our center is standing at the 3-point line with no chance of rebound because Burks put him there.

Only 8-9 million?
Decent chunk of change if ya ask me.

Also I have seen a lot of posters say they would be ok with up to 10 million

Everyone was just freaking out when it was rumored that he would get more than favors
Easily worth Favors money. Favors anchors the defense, and Hayward does everything else, and yet somehow only worth 10million. K.