What's new

Privileged by Kyle Korver

btw, what does the word cuck mean? And how is it used in the circles you frequent?
I believe cuck refers to a man whose significant other, usually his wife, is cheating on him. Short for cuckold.

Edit: guess I should have read the whole thread before posting this. Crazy discussion about cuckold there.

Last edited:
I don't pay that salary just by watching. I rarely go to the games. I DVR the games, and whatever images that flash while fast forwarding through the commercials I dont buy those products.

I make my own soap and deodorant at home.
Please tell me that you're also pirating the broadcast and watching it using on an illegal DVR you made out of a rusty hair dryer.

Please tell me that you're also pirating the broadcast and watching it using on an illegal DVR you made out of a rusty hair dryer.
By making his own soap and deodorant at home he means he doesn't use soap or deodorant.

I believe cuck refers to a man whose significant other, usually his wife, is cheating on him. Short for cuckold.

Edit: guess I should have read the whole thread before posting this. Crazy discussion about cuckold there.
I know...

What do they mean when they say liberals are cucks for not supporting Trump's policies, like the border wall? They mean they're selling out their "culture". Just a watered down version of race traitors.

That we're impotent, barely men at all. Just cuckolds watching brown people, muslims, foreigners ****ing our women.

You guys seem real eager to explain what its like to be a cuck.

Whenever Im passionate about something I do the same thing.

This thread signifies exactly why things aren't going to change. We all can't even have a conversation without ******** on and degrading each other. There are good people everywhere on all sides and when we are pointing fingers and dividing ourselves even more, we are no better than those we're pointing at.

My opinion anyways

I tried this message a lot of different times. Never worked. You cant reason with crazy people.

This is Protestant/New Atheist bad history. Innovation didn't stop in Europe for several centuries, only to be sparked by contact with Islam.

However, it is true that in the Western Roman Empire, lack of support for education and similar projects made the literacy rate fall and reduced the numbers of available writings from the period (hence, a dark age because we don't much written about it). It's also true that in the Eastern Empire, ancient Greek works (by polytheists) were preserved by the Orthodox Christians, who shared them with Muslims, who shared them with the western Christians, and these writings were the subject of study and debate for a couple of hundred years before the Renaissance.

If you are really interested in sorting the good history from the bad, an atheist named Tim O'Neill runs a website devoted to correcting the bad history promulgated by other atheists.

I will rely on proper scholarship instead of rags written “for atheists”

how intellectual dark web of u

It's so amusing when you try to use bravado and arrogance, and yet clearly have no idea what you are talking about. The so-called intellectual dark web is exactly the kind of place you will find the conflict thesis nonsense you were peddling.

It's so amusing when you try to use bravado and arrogance, and yet clearly have no idea what you are talking about. The so-called intellectual dark web is exactly the kind of place you will find the conflict thesis nonsense you were peddling.

what on earth are you talking about? my post was that arab translations of latin texts (by Islamic Golden age polymaths) are what jump-started the renaissance. Find me one "IDW"er who peddles this thesis.

what on earth are you talking about? my post was that arab translations of latin texts (by Islamic Golden age polymaths) are what jump-started the renaissance. Find me one "IDW"er who peddles this thesis.

Just to be sure, are you referring to translations into Arabic (that's a new one on me), or preservation in Greek and Latin of ancient scrolls by the Arab polymaths which I already acknowledged happened.

If the former, who are these Renaissance writer reading the Arabic?

If the latter, all of the IDW writers I have heard/read on the topic say the Islamic Golden Age came about from the preservation/propagation of these scrolls rather than give Muslims their much-deserved credit for their genuine scientific advancements.

White privilege is getting paid $7M to sit on the bench licking your wounds.
if he were a different color, we'd be questioning if he was really hurt that bad.

Just to be sure, are you referring to translations into Arabic (that's a new one on me), or preservation in Greek and Latin of ancient scrolls by the Arab polymaths which I already acknowledged happened.

If the former, who are these Renaissance writer reading the Arabic?

If the latter, all of the IDW writers I have heard/read on the topic say the Islamic Golden Age came about from the preservation/propagation of these scrolls rather than give Muslims their much-deserved credit for their genuine scientific advancements.

Lmao my whole original post’s purpose was to give the Muslims their credit, in order to criticize the notion of only the west innovating. Don’t whitesplain Islamic achievements to me, I’ve known about Avicenna and Ibn Khaldun for much longer than you have. Why the **** are you arguing me when you’re on the same side of the issue? Not replying to you any longer. Preposterous.

Don’t whitesplain Islamic achievements to me, I’ve known about Avicenna and Ibn Khaldun for much longer than you have.

Don't be so sure. I'm a lot older than you. :) You've probably known about them for a larger percentage of your life.

Why the **** are you arguing me when you’re on the same side of the issue?

Because you slightly exaggerated your point in your effort to give due credit, referred to a blog by a careful and accurate student of history as a "rag", and then referred to my comment as being something from the intellectual dark web? Or, perhaps some other reason?

Not replying to you any longer. Preposterous.

I think that's for the best.

I hope people don't object too heavily to my continuing to "whitesplain" racist, white, atheist jerks (though honestly, who would be a better expert in them than me? :) ), but this is an example of what I mean by men like Harris spouting off bad history while still saying the Muslims passed on Greek/Latin scrolls to Western Europe:

Harris: ... And insofar as there was a reboot to civilisation at that point, it was largely as a result of Classical … the learning and philosophical insight of antiquity being preserved by, of all people, the Muslims.’

1) Yes, Harris is a detestable bigot, as the phrase "of all people" clearly shows. I hope that nothing I type gives anyone the impression that I think Harris's opinions are reliable or worth consideration in general.
2) He does nonetheless credit Muslims with the preservation and transmission of these ancient works, showing not even Harris is always wrong in every single detail

For more on the conflict thesis I referred to,

https://historyforatheists.com/2018/08/sam-harris-horrible-histories/