What's new

Proof Donovan was The Issue

Hardy hasn't proven anything to this point other than having an irrational love affair with mediocre vets and irrational dislike for certain talented young players.
Yeah, he only took a team expected to finish last and made them a playoff team (before GM took it apart) and took Lauri from a disappointment to all-star. Light work.

Yeah, he only took a team expected to finish last and made them a playoff team (before GM took it apart) and took Lauri from a disappointment to all-star. Light work.
Well, then, based on the regular-season results Snyder should be an outstanding playoff coach.

Well, then, based on the regular-season results Snyder should be an outstanding playoff coach.
Man, stfu. Sip said Hardy hasnt proven ANYTHING as a coach. He never said anything about playoffs. Of course Hardy cant prove anything in the playoffs if he hasnt been to the playoffs.

He should have been. Quin stuck to what worked because he had a roster without much flexibility. I think the game has probably passed him by to some extent.

Y'all remember when Donovan got an 8 second call against no pressure in the clutch of that Denver playoff game?
Yes of course. Hard to forget, specially for he actually developed a bad habit of walk up the court in kind of a cocky slow motion... that finally bited on him at the worst possible time.
But I remember good things too. Don't want to be hard on him. All in all the good things were very good for the Jazz. I wish him well.

Last edited:
Yada yada yada. You will make all the excuses in the world for that scrub. The reality is that Lauri took his game to the next level playing for Finland prior to getting to the jazz and that hard work led to a great season. As far as making a team that was expected to finish last a borderline playoff team that had way more to do with solid talent coming back from trades than Hardy's coaching.

Yada yada yada. You will make all the excuses in the world for that scrub. The reality is that Lauri took his game to the next level playing for Finland prior to getting to the jazz and that hard work led to a great season. As far as making a team that was expected to finish last a borderline playoff team that had way more to do with solid talent coming back from trades than Hardy's coaching.
What a ****ing clown.

Nah. Lauri was in the best physical shape of his career when he arrived in Utah, but Hardy really put him in the best imaginable position to succeed. The whole offensive system supports Lauri's strengths and Lauri certainly values it very highly.

I mostly lurk and rarely post but this is a great thread. Will his Knicks even take him after he ditches Cleveland at this point? How much of a discount would he have to give them?

I don’t think the issue for the DMRG led teams was offense. It was defense. Right now the Twolves play amazing defense. It wears the opponent down. With everyone playing defense, it limits opportunities for guys like Beal to get going. In every one of those failed series with DM, it seemed like Rudy was the only one attempting to play defense and that led to role players like Eric Gordon, Capella, Terrence Mann and Kleber to get too comfortable. Stars are gonna score. It’s limiting the role players that makes the difference. Outside of Book and KD, no one on Phx was in double figures in game 4.

Book and KD had 82 of their 116 pts.

Brutal Defense by the twolves. We could never limit a team like that.
I agree. At the beggining of the season, They decide they want to be the best defensive team in th NBA and they did it. The exact opposite of the Jazz where Rudy was alone to work hard on defense, when others players did not do much efforts ( Mike and O Neal did a bit). At the end, Rudy got frustrated, Don try to save face and coach was unable to fix it. I would have really enjoy to see Rudy stay here with Lauri, Mike.... DA choose another road. Hopefully, he is right.

DM with his 50 and only two other Cavs in double figures and everyone in the box for the Cavs was a -. There should be some worthwhile quotes from DM about game 7.

Don did not shoot well at 3, didn't pass much the ball but for the rest he was pretty good. Today his teammate did not help him much...