What's new

Prop 2 Utah

I agree about the first part but disagree about the cost.
I used to be able to get like 3.5 grams (an eighth) for 5 or 10 bucks frequently. Never more than 20.
Well, this was in Rock Springs Wyoming too, so I'm sure prices were far higher than most places. I would pay 40 bucks for an eighth of crappy bud, 60-70 for anything approaching decent.

*also was like 10-15 years ago.

So what exactly does an eighth represent? 1 joint, several, a day or 2 of fun, a week, assuming like smoking it daily?

So if I am Eli Lilly and want to compete in the Utah weed market, couldn't I buy up the 40 licenses and then charge whatever price I wanted?

I agree about the first part but disagree about the cost.
I used to be able to get like 3.5 grams (an eighth) for 5 or 10 bucks frequently. Never more than 20.

You used to be able to get ****** weed for that much. Or as we used to call it, Shwag. Good weed, which we used to call chronic (it's the only kind available now) hasn't gone up in price. At least not considerably. I used to get an eighth for $35-$40 in 2002. It is now typically $40-$50 if you're buying singles.

So what exactly does an eighth represent? 1 joint, several, a day or 2 of fun, a week, assuming like smoking it daily?
Depends a bit on your tolerance, but an eighth would last me about two weeks of daily usage. I'm not a super heavy user though.

An eighth is 1/8 of an ounce. Typical quantities are an eighth, a half, an ounce a qp (quarter pound) or whatever number of pounds.

Depends on how much you smoke. An 8th is 3-4 medium joints I'd say.

So I just tried to get a visual estimation of how many joints I can make from an eighth. And my original post is an underestimate. I can make 7 or 8 joints.

Last edited:

I would say smoking daily, but not a ton daily, an eighth would last me about a week or so.

You used to be able to get ****** weed for that much. Or as we used to call it, Shwag. Good weed, which we used to call chronic (it's the only kind available now) hasn't gone up in price. At least not considerably. I used to get an eighth for $35-$40 in 2002. It is now typically $40-$50 if you're buying singles.

I agree. He was speaking of shwag from what I could tell (he was saying the weed was mostly stems and seeds) that’s why I referenced the super cheap price tag.
You are right about the good **** back then though. It was pretty pricey due to also being quite rare.

I don’t think I could even find shwag weed anymore lol.

Last edited:
An eighth is 1/8 of an ounce. Typical quantities are an eighth, a half, an ounce a qp (quarter pound) or whatever number of pounds.

For @ loggrad another way of thinking of an eighth is 3.5 grams.

Also, people buy in quarters (2 eighths) often as well.

So I just tried to get a visual estimation of how many joints I can make from an eighth. And my original post is an underestimate. I can make 7 or 8 joints.

Yep, this is more correct imo.

I would say smoking daily, but not a ton daily, an eighth would last me about a week or so.

Actually I’m such a lightweight (low tolerance. Doesn’t take much at all to get me high) nowadays that an eighth would probably last me closer to a month.

Also depends on how you use it. Joints make it last the least amount of time, while using a vaporizer makes it last much longer.

I agree. He was speaking of shwag from what I could tell (he was saying the weed was mostly stems and seeds) that’s why I referenced the super cheap price tag.
You are right about the good **** back then though. It was pretty pricey due to also being quite rare.

I don’t think I could even find shwag weed anymore lol.
I have a fond memory of spending a good hour or so breaking apart a solid chunk that cost me about 30 bucks. Ended up netting a gram or two of (technically) smokable weed. Now it's gotten to the point now in Colorado that I can snag an ounce of high quality for as little as 75 bucks if I hunt around for deals.

I have a fond memory of spending a good hour or so breaking apart a solid chunk that cost me about 30 bucks. Ended up netting a gram or two of (technically) smokable weed. Now it's gotten to the point now in Colorado that I can snag an ounce of high quality for as little as 75 bucks if I hunt around for deals.

I remember (fondly) breaking up huge chunks of that brick weed. Kinda miss it at times. There was something relaxing about it.

This.
As usual babe seems to be delusional about the topic at hand

So my "Pot Scholar" needs context. I only report the conclusion this one person made, a person who does use a select type for pain, and this is hearsay from the street, more or less, from one person.

My associations/business with folks I can affirmatively state are significant weed users would in loose terms confirm the medical reports that use of weed is not without some effects observable to what Siro might call "objective" observers/reporters. "High" is one type of observable effect, which of course for any particular person some kind of dose/response phenomena. You like it, use it, but maybe don't get so "high" but feel relaxed. Effects on pain are by my understanding of it may be quite independent of the "high", and you can get a strain of weed that has more pain benefit than "high" side effect.

I have never used weed, never will. I don't need it. I have plenty of fun just saying things in JFC that make some people go nuts.

I have observed, objectively, that people can get "high" off having a knowitall view of themselves, or believing they know the right path for all humanity. I consider the state of mind we get off on to any extreme to be worthy of question.

Calling anyone on a sports fan site "delusional" is a useless exercise. Of course it's a pretty unhinged exercise to be a fan of anything. But with the Utah Jazz, it's practically a religion.

I would question Jesus for drinking wine, as reported in the Bible..... and Noah as well.....

But the Apostle Paul declared in several essays that we are free to eat and drink even stuff forbidden by the Law of Moses, and Jesus said "It is not that which goeth in to a man that defileth him, but that which comes out." Well, whichever end I suppose.... but Jesus meant our words and thoughts. I'm more of a free speech guy maybe.

But if a religion or Church wants to have a substance code like the Word of Wisdom, and make it a fundamental measure of the faith, that's their business. I would put pot on the list of harmful things that debilitate the human mind, in objectively observable ways. It does affect certain brain centers which are pretty important overall.

"Judgment" is one. Maybe hard to quantify or qualify exactly..... but go read the lit in the professional journals.... it's subject to current study and discussion.

however, thanks to Siro and Fish for contributing their experience and judgment to my understanding.

and, I would tear up all the pot laws and decriminalize possession and use and marketing. The State has no credible expertise or call to be in this business.