What's new

Put Burks, not Burke on Russell Westbrook

I didn't watch the game last night, but from the highlight, Russell was killing us when Burke was guarding him. I don't understand why Burks didn't guard Russell, if jazz needs Burke to run the offense, at least put a bigger guy like Burks or Hood on Russell and Burke guards Thunder's 2 guard.

I hope Synder learned his lesson last night.

Burks was guarding Westbrook for the 1st quarter.

Burke actually did a better job guarding Westbrook according to Quin during the post-game interviews.

I didn't watch the game last night, but from the highlight, Russell was killing us when Burke was guarding him. I don't understand why Burks didn't guard Russell, if jazz needs Burke to run the offense, at least put a bigger guy like Burks or Hood on Russell and Burke guards Thunder's 2 guard.

Russell did whatever he wanted pretty much because he's Russell frickin Westbrook. Burke was not the problem and he did fine.. Burks was okay on him, but he still got what he wanted.

I think likewise that athletically Burks fits better but in reality no one can guard Russ when he is fresh coming out of the hangar with tank full of jet fuel. I have never seen such explosiveness in that spot. This guy goes berserk at games.

Putting Hood on Russ is not a good idea. There were times Hood misses his man like Harden style.

I think this is when we miss Exum, but how many teams out of 30 teams has athletic PG like Russell

I take Burke's offense than Exum's defense except when jazz plays thunders

I think this is when we miss Exum, but how many teams out of 30 teams has athletic PG like Russell

Burke's offense sucks. He is terribly inefficient. I srsly don't like anything about his game. Well that's a little harsh he is a good f/t shooter when he gets to the line.

Exum needs those minutes to build confidence in his shooting and drives though.

Burke's offense sucks. He is terribly inefficient. I srsly don't like anything about his game. Well that's a little harsh he is a good f/t shooter when he gets to the line.

Burke is a well talented offensive point guard. But what Snyder was talking about after the OKC game is a reference to players like Burke. Burke has to look at Russell Westbrook and say to himself "Damn, I'm really talented. If I work out intense like him I would become much more than projected". Pity that cleverness and hardwork meets on a rarity in basketball players.

Westbrook is the most unguardable player in the league no one can stop him, if you hold him to 20 points its a good night.