What's new

Question for the church going crowd

I think it depends on a lot of factors. If it is a generally isolated community with no confirmed cases in the area (think eastern Wyoming), then why not. Also, if it is in an area where they continue to have school or other social functions what is the point of only cutting out church? Also, if it is a bunch of consenting adults then I don't really care. The kids are probably at greater risk driving to church than from getting the virus.
In my area (Upstate NY) there have been some churches holding special "hope" services to help people deal with the situation. I am fine with it because our hospitals aren't being overrun (only 1 confirmed case). That being said, I was glad my church canceled services because I don't want the old people I love dying.

I think it depends on a lot of factors. If it is a generally isolated community with no confirmed cases in the area (think eastern Wyoming), then why not. Also, if it is in an area where they continue to have school or other social functions what is the point of only cutting out church? Also, if it is a bunch of consenting adults then I don't really care. The kids are probably at greater risk driving to church than from getting the virus.
In my area (Upstate NY) there have been some churches holding special "hope" services to help people deal with the situation. I am fine with it because our hospitals aren't being overrun (only 1 confirmed case). That being said, I was glad my church canceled services because I don't want the old people I love dying.
Confirmed cases are not a good indicator of the amount of infected.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Considering their entire hierarchy is in the most at risk demographic...
True, but they must weigh God's Plan to their personal risk.

Money is also a factor.

They made an early decision on this and I applaud them for it.