What's new

Questions for tonight

D

Deleted member 848

Hey boys. As some of you might have realize, i frequent the Chatbox every 2 days as a result of following almost every Jazz game since the berth of the season. Today i had to stay overtime at work, so I missed apparently one of the biggest games of the years. Just wondering if any of yall can give som in-depth analyses of tonights game, like what went right for the Jazz, who showed up, and what caused the Celtics to go so far down so early. Who shut down Rondo? I mean hes an allstar, if his shot his off usually he makes up for it by hustling, etc. How did the jazz maintain the momentum for so long?? Etcetera etcetera. I know some of you will flame me by telling me to read espn or something; which I did. Its just that the articles rarely go in depth, and im sure 99% of this board watched the game more deeply than them journalists.

Hey boys. As some of you might have realize, i frequent the Chatbox every 2 days as a result of following almost every Jazz game since the berth of the season. Today i had to stay overtime at work, so I missed apparently one of the biggest games of the years. Just wondering if any of yall can give som in-depth analyses of tonights game, like what went right for the Jazz, who showed up, and what caused the Celtics to go so far down so early. Who shut down Rondo? I mean hes an allstar, if his shot his off usually he makes up for it by hustling, etc. How did the jazz maintain the momentum for so long?? Etcetera etcetera. I know some of you will flame me by telling me to read espn or something; which I did. Its just that the articles rarely go in depth, and im sure 99% of this board watched the game more deeply than them journalists.

Big Al is on a mission.

This franchise needs to build around Favors.

Jefferson showed alot of emotion and beasted out there. Harris was solid and had some phenomenal driving layups, but his lack of 3pt shooting hurts. Favors played well, had a really nice post move that I did not expect from him. Miles and Bell are absolutely terrible. Hayward and Evans deserve their minutes. No one shut down Rondo. Bell played poor defense on Allen, but Allen was also totally unconscious the whole game. Refs sucked a big one.

Uh? Biggest game of the year? It was a loss. Oh, to be a Jazz fan. It was a spirited effort to be sure, but in the end the C's were the better team and made the clutch shots. There are those that will complain about the refs, but the refs didnt make our players miss their FT's.

No one shut down Rondo. Matter of fact, Rondo burned Harris over and over. As someone said in the chat, Harris defense = Williams defense. It's decent, but nothing to write Bill Walton about.

The refs let the Celtics mug the Jazz through most of the first half, and then there was a crucial no call near the end of the game when Garnett hacked AK on an attempted dunk that they showed on a replay that wasn't even close to a block. I hate the beepin cheating NBA refs.

Watson couldn't have sold his first-born for a call tonight, on either side of the ball. That AK non-call was a 5-point swing. Weak.

Haha sorry for the Rondo comment, my friend said he had a terrible game and the celtics lost by 12 (hes a huge celts fan) I obviously didnt believe him about the win, and I checked the news afterwards, but I still thought Rondo wasnt himself. How was the Sap garnett matchup?

Big Al almost dropped KG straight on his ***. It would have been the greatest moment this year for me. Favors was playing amazing but didn't get enough time.

We need to get Harris in the open court more

Rondo is one of the most overrated players ever. I've seen some wacky numbers, but beyond that, I just don't see it. Harris shut him down at the end by sagging off of him (the one time he scored down the stretch is because Harris forgot to not just close-out with a hand up and bit on a fake).

Rondo shows the world how important shooting is in today's league. If he could hit 3s with consistency, he might be the best PG in the league, but since he can't, his lack of shooting hampers everything he does or his teammates do and he can be considered a liability.

Rondo is one of the most overrated players ever. I've seen some wacky numbers, but beyond that, I just don't see it. Harris shut him down at the end by sagging off of him (the one time he scored down the stretch is because Harris forgot to not just close-out with a hand up and bit on a fake).

Rondo shows the world how important shooting is in today's league. If he could hit 3s with consistency, he might be the best PG in the league, but since he can't, his lack of shooting hampers everything he does or his teammates do and he can be considered a liability.

Numb, you know I love ya man, but you're wrong on this...Rondo throws down and hits shots when he needs to.

And would you believe that he shoots almost the same percentage behind the arc as Harris?

Rondo hit a big shot when he was left open... I think that was the last made shot by the Celtics to extend the lead to 4.

We did miss FTs, but those did not explain the loss. We would have cut lead down both times but it doesn't mean we would win.

The refs were really horrible. They missed so many important ones.