What's new

Quin Snyder says ,Attack,Attack ,Atatack ...way encouraging

I thought the grind-it-out style was really good basketball but that will not work with this roster. I loved the tough-nosed, conservative, stops-driven defense last year, too. In order to score enough to win, the Jazz need to re-shape their identity, and "attack" basically sums it up: get out in transition, make the opposing D collapse (in order to get open threes as much as anything else), and create turnovers on defense (even more transition opportunities!). And with a healthy Favors, they could turn offensive rebounding into a net-positive strategy as well (zagging with everyone else's zigging).

This is not the most sound basketball, ideally, but it is the best strategy for this roster. If they can be a homeless-man's Nash-Suns but play elite defense, that is pretty cool.

Last year, the Jazz played at a slow pace in part because we've relied on our wings to initiate and run plays with everyone set up so that they can swing the ball side to side. If Rubio can get us into our offense faster, it should be possible to play faster. As for finishing, we do have guys who can do that, including Jerebko and maybe Sefalosha. Hopefully Mitchell as well. Maybe even Eric Griffin.

These are our finishers? Griffin shouldn't sniff the court, Mitchell was known as a poor finisher in college, and Jerebko and Sef are bench guys who shouldn't get more than about 15 minutes a night. If that.

Good though that you brought it up ....but let me finish it for you .It was the quarter that Exum was the PG wasn't it.He played at a high energy in the biggest game of his career and brought the Jazz back .After that Snyder stuck Mack back at PG,start of 3rd quarter and the route was back on .

Two things now ,Mack is gone and Exum will run PG behind Rubio and most likely playing with Mitchell and Burks

I think there are two things in this world that NAOS hates ...
1) Exum
2) Exum homers

So he hates you and me.

But I believe like you bro. This could be an exciting year!!

Exum was a lost bonehead on a lot of possessions last year. He wasn't kept on a short leash. He was pulled when he messed up basic concepts. Stop being a homer. Thanks.

thats BS. Made mistakes sure but to say he wasnt on a short leash is just stupid.

another well-known Exum homer. I'll file this response in the garbage bin. Ciao.

So when DM misses an assignment, switch or has a TO we can expect him to be taken out of the game/lineup with DNP CD?? Not gonna happen. No Hayward so Quin won't need to appease anyone.

So when DM misses an assignment, switch or has a TO we can expect him to be taken out of the game/lineup with DNP CD?? Not gonna happen. No Hayward so Quin won't need to appease anyone.

lmaoooo

I said ciao, btw. that means goodbye.

So many of us want to hear these words ...I really want it started on the defensive end.Playing aggressive man to man defense.Using Rubio,Exum ,Mitchell like hound dogs at the top of the key ,knowing the best defensive duel is behind them in DFav and Gobert.
I think Jazz can create lots of turnovers with their length and quickness and athleticism on the perimeter.
Jazz can create havoc on offenses with their defense before teams have a chance to bomb away on them. Love to see the Jazz crash the offensive boards as well.I think the Jazz can make teams pay for trying to sneak out for fastbreaks with lots of offensive putbacks .
It's a change in how they played last year but you have to play to your strength.

Offensively ,Rubio will get these guys running with great passing if the Jazz run up the court.Exum(PG) on the 2nd unit with Mitchell and Burks running beside him would be a continuation of Rubio and 1st unit.

This could be fun times watching this style of play.

Agree with all of this, except I doubt Quin will emphasize offensive rebounding. I think he is more committed to extinguishing the opponent's fast break.

Locke just tweeted this: " Donovan Mitchell said it was clear Quin Snyder wanted fast paced basketball"

Quin has always wanted pace. He just did not have the right resources so he had to adapt. Better shot this year.