Quotes from around the league on Gail Miller's comments before the game

JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
The regular game quotes had to wait while I gathered these quotes on Gail Miller's message. I personally found it important, touching, and heartfelt.

https://twitter.com/search?q=gail miller jazz&src=typd&lang=en

Celtics- This was a very hard thing to get right, and she nailed it.

76ers- I’m a big fan of how she went with the ‘**** that racist dude’ approach rather than the ‘their’s blame on both sides’ approach.

Bucks- She's one of the best owner in the NBA and nobody even knows or talks about it

Wizards- Just learned about her, she's now my favorite owner #FireErnie

I don't really know much about the owners so i didn't know about her at all, but wow...absolutely classy & wonderful. Nobody would have faulted her if she didn't do this, but she chose to do it publicly. I can feel her sincerity.

Yeah I can’t imagine an NFL or MLB owner doing this. Can’t buy class

If the Jazz were a Mafia. She would be the “Don” that everyone needs to kiss her on the hand. She has that much respect and class from the fan base and the organization.

I know we have racists in Utah and I know this wasn’t the first incident, but damn if I’m not proud to see how the Jazz organization and community have stepped up to speak about against racism and try to right the wrongs of the past. Thank you, Gail Miller.

Mavs- I hope this makes the front page so people can see what the Jazz are really about as an organization and fanbase.

Mavs- In terms of this particular incident, I think Gail Miller handled it really well, & with class. The speech and its message was spot on and much needed. The fans and the players all really needed to hear it.

Spurs- She had no reason/incentive to do this, the fact she did is dope. Shoutout to Gail

Gail Miller is such a classy owner. I am so glad that she said that this one fan does not represent all of us. I love the Utah Jazz

Spurs- Never knew Gail Miller before this, but consider me a fan. That was deeply profound and from the heart. How fortunate for the Jazz organization to have a leader like her.

Thunder- I dont know really anything about her except for this but I love this. Yall got a good owner Jazz fans

Clippers- The entire time she spoke you could tell it was coming from a genuine place.

It’s refreshing to see an NBA owner step out and do this. An NFL owner would never speak like this to the media and certainly wouldn’t speak like this to their fan base either. It’s why the NBA, in my opinion, continues to be the best professional league in the US.

After the PR release, she literally didn't have to do this. Went out of her way to make it be known what she and the Jazz stands for. Much respect for this.

That was awesome. A great example of how owners can set a standard for the culture surrounding the franchise.

Raptors- our family have been stewards of this team for 34 years.

I appreciate that comment.

Lakers- What a great owner, class act acting so swiftly on this!

Blazers- Very well said, classy lady

Spurs- The line about how "the other team isnt the enemy, they're the competition and to compete is a good thing" is such a big point that gets overlooked all the time.

Spurs- It was clear to me that the statement wasn't written by PR, that came straight from the owners. Good for them.

Imagine being such a piece of **** that you're lowkey called out by Gail Miller. There's really only two people who fit the bill: one who's banned from ever going to a Jazz home game again and one who plays for the Celtics.

Classy move, Gail

This is the way to make things right. You go girl!

Such a powerful speech. Sentiments like this make me feel like there's hope

Better at denouncing racism than the POTUS will ever be

GOOD GOING. NBA,, UTAH JAZZZZZ,,,,, WELL DONE

I love it when an adult shows up and sets things straight.

Classiest owner in the league. She's the most amazing person.

Elite human being

Well said. Amazing for an owner to take a swift firm stand on what is right.

That’s what I’m talking about! Great speech and if we had more people who thought like this our entire world would be better for it! Way to go

Lvl 80 boss right there. Gail is a real 1.

I hate the Jazz, but that was good.

Respect , don’t deliver some blank emotionless twitter statement get say what you mean and mean what you say .

Sad this had to happen. I am sorry the few racist/bigots are out there. Hope this message goes from Utah to the rest of the nba

Warriors- Wow. Great ownership @utahjazz . I’ve always taken a liking to your team because of your twitter account but this makes me want to adopt you as my 2nd favorite team even more. Respect!

Mic drop.

Can Gail give that same speech at the next #BYU #Utah game?

I was hoping for a "everyone deserves our respect... except for G.Hayward."

We have the best owner in the NBA. Her story is inspirational .

"THEY make us RICHER in diversity"....

Gail is a complete package of a class act:)

What a great lady! We are blessed to have her.

Total class act! Not many owners around the league that would have done that!

The best most caring owner in the NBA. Well done ma’am nothing but respect.

Jazz fans are so lucky to have her as an owner. Such a well articulated message.

That really got the waterworks going for me. Beautifully spoken. What an honor to be a Jazz fan in this great state.

She gives classy a whole new meaning!!

It’s nice to see a statement by a sports owner that is heartful. The statement was not about saving face, it was honest and heartfelt.

I wanted to be snarky but that’s a strong move.

Can’t like the Jazz but that is a strong move by the owner. Called it racism and went right at it. Need more of this in America from other white elites.

unfortunately based on the replies to this tweet I think people are missing the point of her speech. She understands there is a problem. She’s addressing the problem. She’s asking the fans of her team and the community she loves to be better.

This is first class stuff right here

Gail Miller the real MVP

"Can Gail give that same speech at the next #BYU #Utah game?"

"I was hoping for a "everyone deserves our respect... except for G.Hayward.""

Hehe

Thanks for posting all this. I'm glad the message has been heard around the country.

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app

Can Gail give that same speech at the next #BYU #Utah game?

Agreed.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Thanks for doing this. It's good to hear some positive quotes from around the league. Jazz needed to do some damage control and Gail absolutely nailed it.
I'm confused by this post. Usually when you speak of jazz ownership and management you have a very very different tone.

Glad you changed your tone for this thread at least.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

JA you are one of the best posters on this board without a doubt. Prioritizing this over the game quotes (which are always a highlight) was classy on your part, and much appreciated.
Thank you, now on to the game quotes!

I think at times we forget how great our ownership is. The trust fund being one huge thing to ensure the team stays in Utah sticks out along with this amazing speech Gail did.

No NFL owner would say this. Can you imagine Jerry Jones or Robert Kraft going out to the 50 yard line and saying something like this? Me either.

Just a few years ago the Clippers owner was banned for life for being a racist and here we have our owner doing so much to get racism out of the arena.

Thanks JA as usual, best part of this forum are these threads