Quotes from Clippers after Game 2

candrew

What I'm a bit surprised about is how little criticism LAC fans have for Tyronn Lue.

What the hell is this guy doing? You don't go into the playoffs and start re-inventing the wheel with 5 man sets that have never played before - and his player substitutions are ****ing ponderous.

You work with what got you there and if that's not good enough you don't deserve to be there in the first place. I mean they'd probably be the #1 seed if they didn't load manage the hell out of Kawhi and PG.

Dude is going to "Avery Johnson" himself out of a job.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
We constantly stop at the sight of Gobert, we need to drive in with the intent to destroy him EVERY TIME. When he blocked Boogie a few minutes before the end of the second quarter, Boogie went up with the intent to lay-up. That is not the way you attack Gobert.

Gobert has looked like a kid guarding smaller dudes like Zion straight up because Zion will try to destroy the rim. Why can't PG and Kawhi do this same thing? You've gotta be relentless when going up on a team like this or else Gobert will stuff your ****. He's not invincible.

It's funny because say they make it to the finals against the Nets or something, guys like Kyrie will literally drive and score on Gobert every time because his finishing skills are lethal, and he's not even dunking.
this guy is a basketball genius who has clearly watched a lot of Jazz games.

Why can't Kawhi and PG just be like the most explosive rim finisher in the league... I don't get it? Why can't they be like the best under the rim finisher we may have ever seen? so weird.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
What I'm a bit surprised about is how little criticism LAC fans have for Tyronn Lue.

What the hell is this guy doing? You don't go into the playoffs and start re-inventing the wheel with 5 man sets that have never played before - and his player substitutions are ****ing ponderous.

You work with what got you there and if that's not good enough you don't deserve to be there in the first place. I mean they'd probably be the #1 seed if they didn't load manage the hell out of Kawhi and PG.

He's searching for answers but doesn't seem to have any.. or a good plan.

The biggest issue I think they have is they need a true floor general on the court to make sure they are organized and play with purpose. Rondo is the best option but the shooting is an issue. Throwing Boogie out there is a nice wild card move but not if the rest of the team lacks direction because then there is too much room for someone to go rogue. Jackson has been so good he needs to play... Kennard is hitting shots... Bev played good defense... so they are all solid options but none provide the leadership/IQ that Rondo does. He is prickly so him not playing last night likely pisses him off... you lose a guy like that an you are in trouble.

cowhide

Hard to respect the fan who commented that DM is overrated. Geez Clipper fans are starting to act like Laker fans without the championships. Their organization has sucked for decades but they have attitudes like they're reigning champs. I want to sweep these jerks out of the playoffs.

Last edited:

FAILED STATE

Remember when jazzfanz was scared of the Clippers? "We have no one who can defend their wings!!!!!" Bojan judges you.
Show me one person who saw this performance from Bojan coming. I ****ing love it, and it’s come outta nowhere.

gomretat

Clips upgraded bench depth during the off-season and downgraded at coach. It was my one biggest hope at the beginning of this series. I am sure we out coach them every game.