What's new

Quotes from Nugget's forums after Game 2:"If we could guard a parked car we would be in this game"

JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
Why the joker appears without his coffee stirrer between teeth ?

Should be down 20. Jazz have zero shot. They cannot handle the ball.

How is Plumlee in the NBA?

Someone guard Clarkson. Please

Refs letting gobert get away with too much, gotta outplay them and the jazz

Jesus Christ can we do something??????????? ****ing score or play defense please pick one

Clearly shooting their way out isn’t going to work so someone needs to step up on defense. We can’t guard anyone on the perimeter

they are playing flat...no pressure up the middle, no offensive rebounds and so on. This will be rough.

Milsap is the same like player less on the court.Useless

Gunna just chalk this one up to a loss

Why Jordan Clarkson look like mj against us

Offensive Rebounds killing us!

Jokic missed 3 wide open layups

Tell Gobert he’s soft for me would ya?

Most of Joker’s rebounds were in one possession!

If we could guard a parked car we would be in this game

Defense is horrific we lost Denver got too damn comfortable

pathetic defense passive offense typical post season nuggets not surprise lose this series

What a sorry playoff performance. No pride on the defensive side of the ball.

Did we get a single stop the whole 3rd quarter? I'm not expecting lock down defense but I'd prefer tall traffic cones at this point

:( disappointing game so far. We will bounce back in game 3, if we pull off some miracle here I will be SHOCKED. Just too many missed opportunities

This is why nobody takes this team seriously as a contender. They have talent. They don’t have the mentality. They coast. Take games off. They think they’re good. They’re not that good. The effort has to always occur. This is the playoffs.

12 minutes of perfect basketball & we can go up 2-0

It’s ok. Just score 60 in the 4th quarter

Can we talk bout the uncalled fouls gobert been committing too?

@Paulmillsap4

looks like he should retire and Tory Craig should be benched after his showing tonight having 0points in 27mins and defensively stopping nobody! Which brings me to

@masonplumlee

LOL, not having score

Glad we tanked to play the jazz instead of the mavs smh.

Defense needs to turn around dramatically to make any push in these playoffs. Jokic is great but his d is poor at best.

Did y’all even score during the 3rd... holy crap. What happened to Monday?

The Nuggets defenders socially distancing from the Jazz's shooters

Post Malone would be a better coach than our Malone

So glad we rested the starters in the big moments during the seeding games!!! Great strategy! We look rested and READY!!

Nuggets must of thought the series was 1 game!!!

They don’t even have Conley yet

What is the Nuggets identity??? So many pieces on the board yet no identity

That seals the deal. I am no longer a Nuggets fan. This team is a pure and utter embarrassment to the city of Denver. I officially will not be renewing my plan next season nor will I watch on tv ever again. I’m going to Charlotte where they know how to run a basketball team.

Absolutely disgraceful performance. In all my years as a fan of this team, I have never seen a group of players so lazy and pathetic. I’m taking my fanhood to Detroit where it looks they know how to run a basketball team.

It can't be overstated how huge of an advantage The Jazz have in the coaching department. It's not even close.

Jokic is a good player but it's time for him to develop into some kind of rim Protector. No excuse for every team I. The league to just do what ever they want In the lane with no concern of being deterred in the lane.

This is the most vulnerable high seed team. Even last year everybody wants the nuggets in the first round it seems like you can beat them if u play them at and upset in the 1st round too soft no swag

Cmon guys Utah just ripped out one of the greatest True shooting performances so we need to adjust and come back swinging. The series is 1-1 and last I checked margins don’t count do they? Big bounce back in Game 3 me thinks. Go Nuggs

Millsap, Craig and PJ doing absolutely nothing. Barton & Harris always injured. No defense, no scoring We are gonna get destroyed if they keep playing like this, they don’t even look like they care Big slap in the face today

Malone is a clown, if the nuggets lose to Mitchell and a bunch of backups malone should be out of a job.

Millsap had 5 points and 2 rebounds in 18 minutes. His contract is for 30 million this year. Highest paid player on the team! That’s sick! This one was hard watching.

That Gobert block at the end of the second was huge. I hope the league offices watch that jersey holding he was doing all night.

Guys, we shot 48% from 3 compared to the Jazz at 45%. This game is confusing as hell looking at the box score

MPJ is the only guy on the team willing to be aggressive from behind the arc game to game. Meanwhile the Jazz had two guys take 9 threes and one take 7. They also had 10 more assists than we did. That's the L right there.

Rewatched the bad run and man did Jokic stand out like a sore thumb. His inability to guard the PnR was brutal today. He was bad when dropping and he was bad when playing up/hedging. Not a good sign because there's no real fix to his limitations. Jazz just kept taking advantage of it.

The Jazz number is skewed because they shot 1-11 on their last 11 3s and like 7 of them were from their 8th stringers lol

The Jazz play 2020 offense. The Nuggets play 1994 offense.

Their guys just hit open shots that they missed in game one. If they hit those shots we lose, if they miss them we win. That's what it's going to come down to

What's worrying me is that they missed all of their shots in game 1 and we barely won. We really need harris right now goddamn

I would honestly just live with no doubles in the paint on anyone at all and if Rudy Gobert somehow scores 25 ppg good for him I'll pack my bags and take the L. That's not how the jazz want to play they want to drive and kick and win with Mitchell nailing tough shots. we played right in to their hands today.

Gobert was unusually disruptive this game and Clarkson popped off. Still feeling confident in this squad. 4-2.

Gobert gets away with literally everything defensively. Jokic should be averaging 10 fts per game in this series

I had a feeling this was going to happen when I saw that annoying clip of Murray screaming "FIFTY-SEVENNNNNNNNNNNNNN" at Mitchell who was clearly trying to get some quiet downtime to himself.

Just a few things: 1 - everyone missed a couple bunnies that normally go in and it looked like it got in their head. 2 - in the end of the second and into the third Snyder switched Gobert to guard milsap and that left him out of the Jokic/Murray pick and rolls and able to cheat in and help on any drives / backdoors / passing that normally comes in those situations. Great move by Snyder. 3 - Gobert’s moving screens on nearly every possession are frustrating as hell. 4 - doubling Spida isn’t the answer. He’s gunna get his, but he dissected the d time and time again. 5 - let’s hope that’s the dud game of the series in terms of intensity and not adjusting

I think Mitchell is going to average 30+ no matter who guards him so we should use Craig to shut down one of their other dudes, probably Clarkson. That would also free up a spot in the starting lineup for a shooter so there aren't two guys who Utah literally just dares to shoot open threes out there at the same time.

Utah went 1-11 on their last 11 attempts from three point range and STILL managed to finish the game at 46% from three. That’s outrageous.

This was a rough game. The Jazz controlled this one from wire to wire, more or less. Leaders of the team looked assertive (Jokic, Murray, Porter) but the team as a whole struggled to get involved offensively. The team had some good defensive possessions here and there, but also a lot of bad ones. As the offense stagnated through the second quarter, the defense faltered along with it.

In particular, a tactic became clear. The Nuggets applied pressure on Mitchell in this one to force the surrounding guys to make shots. They made shots, and a lot of them. On top of that, Donovan Mitchell was fresh in the third and made multiple big shots to cement the win. Most of the fourth was garbage time.

Some interesting stats from this one:

The Jazz shot 44 threes in this game. The Nuggets shot 27, including 2 each from Jokic and Murray, as well as 1 each from Milsap and Craig.

My takeways:

Jamal needs to shoot more threes

2 is not enough, in any circumstance. It’s not just Murray having a limited scoring output, but the paint really gets condensed when your point guard is not spacing the floor.

Porter bounces back offensively

MPJ had a really nice game on one end of the floor tonight, which is a big step above neither end.

The Nuggets are better off when Mitchell is the only one scoring

Time will tell if that remains true, but the Nuggets were hurt much more by forcing Mitchell to pass, effectively forcing the Jazz to run a healthier offense.

Jokic had a 160 defensive rating this game. Lmfao

Mitchell/Gobert is about as bad a matchup as possible for him now that Harden/Capela are gone. Only one tougher is probably Lebron/AD

I just don’t understand what the actual game plan was. Just mindlessly driving into Rudy and Co when you know the refs aren’t blowing the whistle as much as you need to sustain? This was the type of game I’d like to see people just shooting 3s and staying with the hot hand. We were shooting pretty decent from behind the arc. Every time one of Jamal or Joker received a pass they’d just hesitate instead of committing to the shot and pass out. There was absolutely 0 offensive rhythm except for when MPJ shot it but he didn’t get the ball nearly as much as he should have. Just an absolutely perplexing game overall.

This jazz team would beat the Lakers in 5

I think we have more talent without Bogdanovic and Conley, but they have better coaching. Every no-name guy looks like fitting in their system. Malone is great for chemistry, but these adjustments (maybe that is on the assistants?) and x-and-o stuff is not his strongest trait.

Game 2 was today? I don't remember game 2 happening today

Utah is the best three point shooting team in the bubble. Their guys hit open threes and we give up a lot of open threes. I'm not optimistic about them cooling off.

And they are not remotely scared of our defence. And if talking heads are to be believed, shooting is easier in the bubble.

I'd be more surprised if they don't keep shooting well.

I totally buy that they will keep shooting well (and I think Murray and MPJ will, for the same reason).

But 50+% on high volume? Y'all really think Utah is going to be the best three point shooting team in the game's history?

I don't care about mitchell's threes. He's going to get his and we have to live with it. How many of Ingles threes were wide open? How many of Clarkson's? How many of O'Neals? How many of everyone elses?

It is a cold hard fact that we flood the paint on defense and leave corner threes wide open. It's just what we do.

You should care about Mitchell's threes. He went 6/7. If he goes 2/7 instead maybe the Nuggets stay in the game a little bit longer and don't quit by the fourth quarter.

I can live with Mitchell hitting 6/7 threes if he's well defended. I can't handle Joe Ingles hitting 4-9 when they're all wide open. I can't handle Royce Oneal hitting 3/4 when every attempt is wide open. I can't handle Jordan Clarkson going 4-9 when half are wide open. It's unacceptable and they are going to continue to hit open threes.

Only got to watch Q1. Can someone explain what the **** happened?

Royce O'Neal, Donovan Mitchell, Joe Ingles, and Jordan Clarkson shot somewhere north of 60% from three on high volume and that won the game.

At one point the jazz outside niang and Morgan were over 70%from 3. Yikes

Who knew Jordan ****ing Clarkson could be a problem smh

Yeah Clarkson was always going to cook us. It's frustrating how well that signing worked out for Utah.

Every open look from 3 we give up jokić has to drink a liter of coke. Time to find out if the guys want fat Jok or skinny Jok.

We got slapped down HARD. It’s a healthy reminder that we aren’t **** until we’ve accomplished something.

Joe Ingles got wayyy too many wide open 3s today. Unacceptable effort and execution on defense.

I blame the Nuggets Twitter account for that ****ing tweet Gobert and Mitchell liked lol.

I chalk this up to a ridiculous shooting performance by Utah. Yes our defense sucked but my lord they just couldn’t miss from anywhere. I think Malone will do some heavy work in the film room and get our guys together. I had a feeling the game would go this way. Playoffs are all about adapting as the games go. Our guys got this **** but it would help if we had Gary.

if you're honestly expecting them to keep shooting above 55% from 3, why even bother watching the series? that's literally unbeatable and would be a historically unprecedented playoff shooting performance

It's hard not to get discouraged after a total *** kicking for sure. They were 19-32 from three at one point...a product of luck and our high double on Mitchell, which generated a ton of open threes. I think we need to let TC man up on Mitchell because Utah is the best 3pt shooting team in the NBA this year. Played right into their hands. MPJ got a healthy amount of minutes I thought, I'm not sure how much more we can play him. I agree that Grant needs more minutes. We need to rethink our perimeter strategy...I just don't really know how, since it's been so bad in the bubble.

I don’t think doubling Mitchell is the answer. He did a good job passing out of doubles today and it just led to open threes. We have to figure something out on the defensive end. We’ve been straight up dreadful since the restart about protecting the perimeter. I think we have to pick our poison a bit, and if we are picking open threes we are picking the wrong one.

I just wish we got OKC. It wouldn't hurt as much struggling against them. But losing to the Jazz is the worst of the worst. I'd rather lose to the Lakers honestly.

And THAT is why people still think we are pretenders

Joker -23

Jamal -20

Grant -20

Just not good enough

Snyder made great adjustments and moach had no answers.

Only one game but so embarrassing.

Not happy.

The problem with Nugglife is no matter how used to it you get, no matter how obvious it is to see coming, it always hurts just the same.

Jazz with 32 assists and 6 turnovers. Putting on a clinic.

We gave up 77 points in two quarters (2nd + 3rd). Not going to win many games like that.

I think after this game we stop trapping Mitchell on pick and rolls, so many open 3s holy ****.

Craig with zero points, 2 rebounds, and 2 assists in 30 minutes, that's insane to me.

You can't blame this loss on abnormal 3pt shooting, the stupid doubles we sent at Mitchell gave them wide open looks all game.

Overreaction by Malone.

TNT just did a quick little breakdown and Kenny pointed out Jokic dropping in the PnR and it was just 3 after 3 after 3 after 3 lol

Why don’t we ever just pick up a guy like Clarkson?

Is it just me or does the Utah coach look like he killed 100 people in 1850? The face is an anachronism, belonging to a killer or a saint - possibly both.

Mitchell still looks like the best player on the floor
He has had two consistently very good games. Is he going to drop off one of these days? Is Murray going to show any consistency?

Can we trade them Tre Lyles and Tyler Lydon back for him?

Overhelping on Mitchell necessarily takes a defender away from another Jazz player.

Mitchell makes a simple pass, then you’re in scramble mode trying to recover, and a lot of the time they end up with an open 3.

That’s the obvious outcome to the strategy.

No doubt. I love Jingles. But he was a good 3 feet behind the 3 point line, faked the three, and strolled all the way to the basket for layup.

That's why you can't play up to the level of the ball against Utah without your other perimeter defenders out there.

I don’t like that Malone got spooked at DM scoring 57 points last game. They went to their old style of defense which forces everyone to rotate hard and gets everyone out of position (rebounds), plus you let DM rest.

Tsk tsk. They probably lose this game either way, but I doubt they get their butts kicked like that on defense if they’d just kept their game 1 strategy.

Malone just overthought it
Went in thinking he had out-coached Snyder, but really, he just got played hard.

i can only say again, this was NOT the 1st round match-up they wanted...even if they win they will be spent and will not be able to get through rd 2

oh the irony

denver’s 1st round pick Donovan Mitchell, who they traded for Trey Lyles and Tyler Lydon (2 L’s = losers), is destroying them…arg

LOL I still enjoy watching mudiay get to the basket whenever he wants and then just totally forgetting what to do.

Murray with 14 points on 13 shots

Lmao

That’s the type of stat line we used to make fun of DMitch for

Are they ever going to call 3 second on Rudy?
What is the point of having that rule?

almost tears. Hard to watch.

My goodness between the refs and this sorry *** defensive effort I'm about to break my phone and TV

Malone is getting heavily outcoached by Snyder...

The difference in how the two teams are playing is just astounding. Denver can win games and perhaps even the series based on individual talent, but their gameplan is just horrible (unless it is their intention for Utah to just shoot open threes all game)

We are down by 31 in a ****ing playoff game.
Let that sink in. 31 ****ing points.

There is no outlier here. They have figured out how to beat us badly and this series is over.

****ing Nuggets.

Very poor game all the way around
Malone got schooled by Snyder. Mitchell took over the game in the 3rd quarter. Jamal did not respond. Craig is not starting material. Porter was ignored by Jokic and Murray. Millsap looks done. Grant had no impact. The entire team played atrocious defense and listless offense. Hopefully, they put this game behind them and come out in the next game with a good plan and the focus plus energy to execute it. Barton and Harris being gone is no excuse when Utah has two starters missing but still dominating.

Clarkson and Ingles = 40 points. I expect Mitchell to get his but WTH? Clarkson has feasted on Denver this season. Ingle? Come on, man!

It's like a layup line.

Mind you they are without 2 starters lmao

This is humiliation!!!

Is there anyone on their team that hasn't made a 3... well maybe gobert

so they just arent going to call the moving screen on Gobert?

He went from let's stop the 3 to let's stop Mitchell

For what reason I don’t know

This **** is sad.
This is the ****ing Jazz. We can’t stop Clarkson and Royce oneal?

Some of these are shots you have to live with and they're just making them all

The reason we won game one was because we took everyone else out of the game and forced DM to beat us.

DM has been getting his teammates involved and the results are showing.

will they miss a 3 point for ****s sake

Maybe guard Mitchell?

Quin Snyder makes the right adjustments but we stick to our tired and untrue methods.

We’re paying too much to Mitchell. Let him go off it freezes everybody else

How is the bench being outscored by Clarkson

Last edited:
Incredible how much they complain about Gobert whistle when Jokic is allowed to keep making foul check body throw contact on offense to the point where he hits Gobert twice in the face, a glaring powerful elbow on second throw, and gets buckets, not foul.

the whining about Gobert fouling after watching Jokic twice smashing Rudy in the throat/face is hilarious. Personally, I think Jokic should have gotten an offensive foul and even a technical. I guess you have to complain about something when you are getting your butt kicked. Complaining about the refs is not what they should have complained about. Jazz scrubs go 1-11 for three destroying a historical performance by the regular players. I love these moments after a Jazz game, reading about other team's fans meltdown is sweet music to my ears.

Why don’t we ever just pick up a guy like Clarkson?

Is this ****ing guy on crack? When Harris and Barton are healthy they have like 9 guys who can put the ball in the basket at anytime from anywhere. Including a rookie they backed into who has NBA All-Star written all over him.

Yay! Playoff quotes are the best. Fantastic job JA. Also, it's been way too long since anyone has said Snyder looks like a serial killer, so that one made me especially happy.

I love how they think if they had Gary it would change everything. Wish we could make a deal that they get to have a healthy GH and we get healthy Bojan.
Some clown on realgm called Bojan a "role playing big". Actually he called him a "roll playing big" but I'm guessing he meant the former.

I tend to stay off other team‘s boards. Anytime teams lose in the NBA, of course they are upset. However, when they lose to the Jazz, it makes them even more saltier for some reason.

My favorite was “without Mitchell and Gobert, this roster goes 10-72”. Welp, we do have them. That’s how it works. It’s such stupid take...

Some clown on realgm called Bojan a "role playing big". Actually he called him a "roll playing big" but I'm guessing he meant the former.
Nah, I think he knew what he was saying

FDGxHDc.gif