What's new

Quotes from Nuggets' forums-"Bogi is so damn good. Dream to have a player like that."

JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
Pre Game

Sad state of the Nuggets that every player is getting injured. Jokic is carrying a team of limbless and "shotless" bums through the desert. This bench was a *********** from the get go and we haven't done anything to solve it.

Don't have much hope of being anything but a game or three above .500 this season....and that is even with Murray back because Murray is going to be really rusty.

I really like Gordon's idea on the last Pickaxe and Roll podcast about having Jokic play more frequent shorter shifts. I think he proposed 4 shifts of about 6 minutes rather than 3 shifts of 8 minutes. That way more players get lifted by Jok and the team doesn't have to endure as long stretches without Jok.

We're likely to get exposed by UTA's depth. Our starting guards are G-leaguers. Combined with Barton they are turnover prone. The starting guards don't score, and don't create much for others. Our bench can't score and doesn't defend very well. Worst bench in the league against one of the best. That decides it, despite Jokic's superiority over Gobert.

Other than that, have a nice day. :(

So is it going to be Royce ONeal defending Jokic? This turns into a near must win with no center for UT

so grateful this asskicking will be broadcast on national tv.

Gobert, Whiteside, and Ingles all out tonight. Now who is Jokic going to cook?

Line is now Utah -2.5

I just don't get this idea of surrounding Jokic with basically the 4 worst shooters on the entire team.

Did we do something wrong? Because watching Barton play feels like punishment

Gobert and white side out? We have to win by at least 20

we gonna win this by 30, but all people will say is that it is because gobert was out... as if jok isn't his daddy

1st Half

Rudy Gobert's absence is alredy starting to be too noticeable for the Jazz, but of course they can still manage pretty well to win games out of great perimeter shooting from the other guys.

They should OWN the paint tonight. Keep it down low. Nice Jam by AG

Incredibly frustrating to see jokic always pop out when we have a big mismatch on the block

Bol, just shoot the 3. Your pump fakes are 75% turnovers

god damn we suck at shooting and defending the 3s. how do they just make everything while we brick wide open 3s

I envy these Utah shooters, imagine how open the paint for Joker if he's surrounded by these shooters.

Jokic showing off basketball genius level stuff. These reads are nuts.

Getting owned by Rudy Gay in 2022?

This feels like that game against the Sixers without Embiid. Just too lackadaisical.

Has anyone ever missed a shot that Bol Bol contested?

I swear opponents shoot 100% on him

Terrible long 2 attempt by Morris, why not just step behind the line?!

I don't think I've ever hated a Nuggets team more than this one. I genuinely hate the team. Only reason I watch each night is Jokic. There's nothing else redeeming at all.

Still think Murray was better than Conley in the year he was named an All Star

This game feels weird. The arena seems dark. Maybe it's the lighting on ESPN.

Rudy Gay always looks like prime ****ing Steph Curry against us

Jordan Clarksons threes haunt my nightmares

Who is this tool that doesn't know how to pronounce a single name on the Nuggets?

I see we’re trying to match the Jazz’s 3 point attempts… I hope Popeye has a different agenda.

Watching on ESPN for a change, and I can't stand all this Joker bs. Obv they don't know how to say his name. Such trash. It's literally their job to know that stuff.

Barton has never met a layup he wasnt able to miss

I want to rip my eyes out.

It's the scheme...Jokic isn't being asked to guard on the perimeter. Utah going small. 4 defenders switching on 5. Makes it impossible to keep guys in front.

Scheme wouldn't be as bad if Jokic was a rim protector but he's not.

Idiotic scheme.

Nuggets you have a math problem. Utah makes 3, Denver makes 2.

Bol is now a better player than Barton, that’s how far Will has fallen.

To make it worse, Utah is terrible. Just hitting open threes, no flow whatsoever.

Barton forcing the square peg into a round hole...What a jerk. Bones is wide open in the short corner...

Barton just facing the same problem as westbrook on a role player scale, losing athleticism and sus decision making

If you could swap Barton and Bogdanovic, Nuggets would be like 30 pts up by now, haha

I would even take royce o neal he can defend and know his role

I really like Utahs rotation on offense… very triangleish… drive and kick out to rotating player….

I don't get how Utah has such a good offense considering the quality of shots Mitchell, Bogdonovic, Clarkson take. Are they just really good contested shot makers?

Rivers is doing exactly nothing on offense. It is like playing 4 on 5. With this version of Will - 3 on 5.

Bogdonavic is certainly NOT questionable at this point.

Wasn’t he questionable for tonight’s game?

Stop Bogdanovic, let Mitchell chuck them up and establish Joker some more in the paint = win.

One thing I just noticed is me practically not noticing the refs. They are surprisingly doing a good job tonight.

Barton 1/8 - OOOOF.

Nikola Jokic 10-10-7 near triple-double in 1st half seems impressive, but taking only 5 shots in the entire half vs Gobertless Utah is just wrong. Morris should get more minutes than Rivers for sure.

Barton was only 1-8. Better than I thought.

Jokic would have had a triple double if the guards just made layups.

Stupid foul from Jokic. Definitely frustrated at the refs and his ******* teammates. You can tell he hates Rivers play style. How could you not?

Bros, I missed the first half. What did I miss and which nugget got injured tonight?

Rivers has been our 7th best guard tonight - and that’s with Barton shooting 1/9

Bogdanovic is treating our players like babies lmao.

2nd Half

Don t let Rivers and Barton touch the ball

No one has worse guards in the history of the NBA

Rivers has to know that brick he's launching has very little chance of going in.

Are we the only team in the NBA that plays worse out of a TO?

Except when Jokic happens to be in the post, there are no Nugget rebounders on offensive possessions. So it's mostly one and out. Seems like something the coaching staff should notice.

I wouldn't have guessed that Utah's run would be a bunch of dunks and lay ups.

Austin Rivers take the open 3 challenge (literally impossible)

great clownfest and waiting to be 12 down for the timeout when it was already a carnage

Usual 3rd quarter collapse which leads to us losing so many games this season, we just can't hold on after halftime

second best point differential in the first half. 30th in the second half

4 guys in position lose out to ONE Utah player for that rebound and putback. Have some pride. At least foul him enough to remember it. SOFT

Barton at his best is pretty decent

But at his worst he's a horrible defender both on and off ball, very poor shot selector, ball stopper, inefficient scorer.

Gobert being out might have worked in the Jazz's favor. Jokic getting torched by their small players hitting 3s and by Mitchell's mid-range shots.

My god Jokic doesn't pass because he doesn't trust anyone to make a ****ing shot.

This team needs MPJ and Murray man. Just sucks to watch them sit out.

Barton is a cursed player I swear. Bad things just seem to follow him around

jesus i always think a layup is like a 85-90% chance of going in... unless its campazzo

Just so disappointing. None of our veterans play like Rudy Gay is and that's a gigantic ****in bummer.

The good thing about that 3rd quarter is that it's over

Wtf Barton! Over six seconds and you just jog up without passing and don’t even shoot before the buzzer? Are you ****ing kidding me?

More like Bogdouche Bogdouchevic

We cut it to three for it felt like half a second. Blink and they're back up 10.

Does Utah have a ****ing single guy on their roster that isn't a 3pt threat?

There have been 4 huge blown calls in the Jazz' favor this quarter.

I don’t think Barton understands the concept of time

So much is wrong with this team. Silly, sloppy turnovers. A stagnant offense with no real schemes. As someone else mentioned, an incredibly high turnover rate coming out of time outs. Confusion about what defense they're playing and/or who they're guarding. No leadership from coaches or any player. Too much moaning and groaning and complaining to refs. Lack of emotion. A team that basically doesn't believe in itself. Nugs are lucky Jazz aren't up by 20 -- oops getting there. It's going to be a long season.

This season is just never ending pain. At least the Brian Shaw year we were supposed to be bad.

This is just so painful

It has to be so much fun as a fan to watch a basketball team that has a player between the height of 6'6 and 6'9 that can make a jump shot over a shorter player.

What I’d give to have Bogdanovic instead of Barton…

Barton makes a shot! 0.1 seconds too late.

Barton doesn't get the shot off because he slowly jogs up the floor.

Get this guy the f**k out of here. So sick of him. Enough.

It's not the roster it's Barton that is dragging the entire team down. With the minutes he plays and with the production you get from him it's just impossible to be better

God this is f***ing embarrassing. Literally can't get rebounds over Rudy Gay. RUDY GAY!

Bogi is so damn good. Dream to have a player like that.

Bogi just eviscerates the Nuggets every time we play the Jazz.

The Nuggets defensive scheme tonight was basically to let one of the best shooting teams in all of the NBA take wide open 3s.

Hats off gentlemen.

I would have bet my life on Barton missing that 3. Guy is a f***ing disaster.

Utah came out of the break and stepped it up and Nuggets, characteristically, folded. Solid team, Utah. Boring, but tough.

Utah getting everything it wants

The 4th Quarter. Where we're up 8 to 6 playing the 2nd Unit without Jokic that is usually the worst in the League.

Just a layup line for Utah this half. If we could get a stop once in a while (and hit an extra shot or two) this game wouldn't feel so out of hand.

This Rudy's been more trouble for us than the other one would've.

hopefully barton remembers jokic exists and not go for heat checks down the stretch, I know he will though

Bogdanovic loves playing against us, every time we play Jazz he has a ton of points

I'm just sick of bogdanavic

Actually interested if anyone knows what kind of contract is a player like Bogdanovic on compared to Barton ...

I swear if those figures are close we are Fkn idiots

How many times in a row are we gonna foul 85+% ft shooter in unnecessary situations while in bonus?

Defense tonight...Nuggets practice SOCIAL DISTANCING.

Man we can't even grab rebounds with Utah playing a ****ing small forward at center.

Shoutout to Utah, even without Gobert, Whiteside and Ingles still manage to destroy its opponent with great ball movement and great 3pt shooting.

Utah better without gobert

Nice armbar by Gay for that rebound.

Saw Jokic hold his head in anger after that Morris brick when all we needed was a layup.

26 21 11 and your team has no chance of winning

If I was Jokic I'd fake an injury. Go be a stay at home dad for the rest of the year. It's not worth the stress.

Since when is Morris the guy who takes the last shots lol. This is just funny

Barton finished with 20/5/4 on 7/17 shooting. If he can play how he played in the 2nd half the Nuggets can be not terrible. Do I think he can? Absolutely not.

Nuggets get within 7 points “ hey let’s not give it to Jokic and brick a 3”

Jazz have shooters must be nice

Jokic jealous of all the 3 pt shooters the jazz got

Don't think we can blame it all on the refs every single game.

jokic smashing the game as usual but no one joining him, this is getting tough to watch

Post Game

Curse wins again. What this team endures is way worse than what our enemies would have hoped. I give up.

Why can’t other teams have s**t like this every week? Utah fans have done so much evil, awful things…why reward them?

As far as I can tell, Barton has played exactly the same way for seven years. I couldn’t name a single move or trick he’s learned. He’s never gotten physically stronger, despite giving up weight to opposing wings and forwards for years. The only thing you can count on is he will never be better than the 5th best player on the team.

As far as I can tell, Barton has played exactly the same way for seven years. I couldn’t name a single move or trick he’s learned. He’s never gotten physically stronger, despite giving up weight to opposing wings and forwards for years. The only thing you can count on is he will never be better than the 5th best player on the team.

Compazzo is looking as legit as Bitcoin right now. $$

Nuggets this season...plant based chorizo.

Jokic continues to hint that he's not going to leave Denver but man how the f**k could you blame the guy. He's way too good of a player to stick with this ******* organization run by clowns.

Their offense is lethal, and we can’t defend with AG nursing sore hammy and our guards and Barton being matadors.

So only 6 fast break points...

Remember the Karl teams where leaking out for the break was a regular thing?

Thats fun to watch. This, this isn't as fun.

I pity the joker I really do... murray come on rehab faster

Utah won due to Bogdan and Gay running ultra hot from 3. Good job them, but they couldn't have stopped the Nuggets with 50% decent guard play

Utah is a measuring stick right now. Steady, methodical, winning all the games that they should. Whatever they’re doing in the half time - hopefully we can steal some?

Nah, this Nuggets team is the anti-Utah. And guess I’m pretty happy for that, just not r/n.

Jokic, Monte, and AG go 25-41

Rest of scrubs....17-47

Basically, we lost because we make Bogdanovic look like KD with 35-13-4 numbers which are more than double his 17-4-1 average numbers, so, at the end of the day, even Joker's monstrous 25+20+10+ TD was not enough.

Had an awesome experience taking my kids to their 1st NBA game. Good times. Go Nuggets!

Honestly was a great game. Didn't see any glaring issues. Just couldn't pull ahead. Bojan just went beast mode. I'll take the L and look on to easier schedules ahead

I feel so bad for Jokic man, legit carrying this team just to lose.

That game was embarrassing man… we let Bojan hang 34 on our heads and dude is built like a bottle of dish soap

Would have won if Gobert played

i feel like i should like mitchell but everything about him just really annoys me. i don't know why

the utah jazz as constructed are one of the least-likeable teams in the NBA for me. bizarrely they even made me dislike Conley, one of the most universally loved players in the NBA apparently.

The Jazz are really well coached and are great shot makers. Feel like we should have won, but the injuries are just rough.

Utah games are always fun. We hate you, but we love you. Mountain bros gotta stick together

Bogey is so much fun to watch. Like Jokic, he doesn’t “look” like a guy who can kill you at first glance, but that dude is skilled and crafty and underrated as hell. AG couldn’t figure him out all game, and he’s our best defender.

I really hope I don’t hear Utah fans “hey we were injured too!” It’s not the same. Not even close.

Got run..at home..by Utah..

Jazz are so fun to watch it's insane. They'll definitely be contenders for years to come.

And the Jazz won it with key offensive rebounds in the 4th.

If the rest of the team hustled a little more on the defensive boards, it could have made a huge difference.

3 out of 4 of the best offensive players for the jazz shot under 40%. Their role players beat us tonight even though I think this was a strong effort from our depleted bench (in comparison to games past).

Last 2 games:

Jokic + Gordon: 75pts on 33/49 shooting (68.0% TS - 71.4% EFG)

Everyone else: 79pts on 26/80 shooting (43.0% TS - 39.4% EFG)

Denver should understand that all of CO was part of the Utah Territory. Basically, history shows that Utah ownzz you.

I’ve just felt bad for the Nuggs since Murray went down, then MPJ, on and on. The playoff series against them was awesome and Jokic is an all-timer.