Quotes from Pelicans forums(II)-"They tanking at tanking. Tankception"

JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
Post Game

Did the jazz forget their tanking or did they straight up skip the rebuild and go into championship mode?

This one hurts, but we showed toughness

They have to make a good show while Silver is on tank watch. After the all star break there will be a lot of dnp's "coaches decision".

Jazz, best team in basketball it seems

Real talk, can we get out colors back now? Utah out here in 2k create your own franchise jerseys.

Jazz are contenders

Heart breaking. On to the next game.

You guys are good, man

can’t even be mad at this L. even with BI out for the majority of the game we only lost by one. this team is gonna go places.

tough basketball from both all the way through, what a game

Jazz fans probably secretly upset realizing that they aren’t tanking this year and will end up in the playoffs losing in the first round.

Flock around with the Jazz & find out

Absolutely sick to my stomach

Tough opener loss to a very mediocre club who played over their heads coupled with ref help. I’ll take this team every night.

Heartbreaker

NBA told the refs to not let Utah lose the game. The league does not want Wembanyama on the Jazz lol

Refs can suck a biiiiiig massive dick jazz won bc of them

Win or lose, love the fight tonight. But my God, these calls have been soft as baby ****

How we lose to the unemployed jazz

This one ****ing hurts

Oh well. Not the end of the world but sucks pretty hard. Like Mac said, we're unlucky to be playing Utah a lot before Christmas, when they're still trying.

x Wtf are the Jazz feeding Lauri, Olynyk and Clarkson? What a game!

Say **** Victor Wembanyama, without saying it.

This is insane. nothing makes sense. They keep beating good teams...

That was a playoff game atmosphere! Proud of my pels! Hell of a comeback.

the jazz don’t believe they are supposed to be tanking

It will take time for teams to get used to the new lineup Utah has, no film you can watch yet. Just like watching a rookie in baseball come up and for a couple of months nobody can get them out. But once pitchers have seen him enough they know what to do

Lauri is gonna net Utah like 3 FRPs lmao

Stupid sexy Markkanen, ruining the tank for the Jazz.
Markkanen-Olynyk-Vanderbilt frontcourt will never lose again!

He can Finnish in me anytime

He's some real eye scandynavian.

Who knew all Utah had to do to become a contender was to trade Mitchell and Gobert?

I heard a rumor that Danny Ainge had a target numbers of wins for this season. They officially passed it tonight. Ainge is fuming

This is hilarious good **** Utah

Nuggets, Pels, Wolves lmao goddamn.

Nothing to see here, just the championship favourites taking care of the challengers. Denver, Minnesota and New Pelicans are good playoff teams but not on the Jazz level yet.

Umm excuse me Utah, but tanking is that way

Ainge bout to get 4 FRPs for Lauri and 2 FRPs for Olynyk lmao

Celtics fan- Ainge has just gone and created a potential fringe playoff team of underappreciated player that can have it's cake and eat it too, thanks to owning so many draft picks from other teams, for the second time in about a decade lmao

There was always talk about him liking Lauri when he was here, and he drafted Olynyk, so these are probably his guys. He's going to ride with 'em, lottery odds be damned.

Zion's fall looked scary af. Dude landed straight on his ****ing back HARD.

The worst thing is that it was Zion's fault. If he wouldn't have pulled back that dunk, it would have been an easy two points.

Goddamn. What a game! Took a risk to tune into this instead of the kings-warriors game. Beautiful game

What does Danny Ainge open first: the whiskey or the trade machine?

Gobert is a beast but Kessler and Vando are really good assets. Wolves were bidding against no one and overpaid badly.

The Jazz really went 3-0, behind perhaps the worst game winner I've ever seen. Got to give props to Olynyk, got the game winner while looking like Bambi going to the rim.

Danny Ainge seen walking into the locker room with a Baseball Bat. Hearing Lauri is QUESTIONABLE (Knees) for their next game.

Utah got so many big players. They have a bright future ahead of them for sure

Should’ve been an easy win for us. We didn’t play defense at all tonight.

Utah's new team is hungry just like we are. Our downfall was turn overs and just taking bad shots. Plus Utah had some good defense in the paint

They underestimated Utah

Man this was the game of the year! Good game pels!

Utah being 3-0 with a team that's supposed to be tanking is ridiculous. They might have to make some trades or get a worse coach.

Who is Utah Jazz?

Jazz are good af lol

Out score them in the paint and have them take 6 more FT than us. Ridiculous.

Olynik and markannen played out their arse tonight unreal that bs scoop shot went in

Zion killed us defensively. Big man needs to move his feet.

This game was an excellent way to prepare for Dallas and the Warriors though. They both play the same style as the voltron Jazz.

I remember **********ing about this exact thing, and was told Lauri was a failure and a scrub. I went back to search my history, but it looks like it only goes back to this preseason??

yeah don’t agree jazz are legitimately a good team and could make some noise, complete mismatch for us especially with val and zion being too slow on defense. we played well with ingram going down

I think only 1 out of 4 games stolen by the refs is a good ratio

Give Zion Olynyk’s face and he shoots 50 fta per game

the jazz are not a good team.

theyre ride this high for a few games, fall back to earth, then be out of the playoff race by the ASB. Happens ever year. Remember the 2014 process sixers? they also started 3-0.

Screw the jazz

The tradition of refs ****ing over pels in jazz games continues.

Imagine waiting 7 months just to see both of your stars get hurt during the first game. Pain to say the very least

Fun *** game, I love this team. Almost completed the comeback! Absolutely shocked the Jazz are 3-0 tho lol

I hate when you can hear an individual person screaming “DEFENSE!”. Did anyone else hear that kid all game long? I swear they put the most obnoxious voices right next to the cameras

Losing on a ****ing Kelly Olynyk game winner is ****ing infuriating.

Jackson Hayes was somehow -8 in 2 minutes

Bought tickets to the Mavs game yesterday and was saying how excited I was to finally see BI and Zion play together again…

They of course BOTH get injured in the game right before….lol just why dawg?

Zion's effort on defense against Clarkson in the 4th, when he blocked it, needs to be how he plays defense the whole game.

Honestly I'm just confused. Sometimes I think it's conditioning and rhythm. Other times I'm convinced it's effort because he's actually played like this since HS.

Utah is not good at this tanking thing early on.

How tf is Utah actually nice?? This is crazy

At this point Ainge is gonna except one 1st rd pick for Westbrook. His season already in shambles.

The untankables. Go jazz

They need to ask Lakers on how to tank properly

The Jazz are doing what the Lakers want to do and the Lakers are doing what the Jazz want to do.

I hope they start like 10-0 or more just because it’d be hilarious

Jazz gonna start 25-0, trade their whole team for 30 first round picks, and finish 25-57 and get Wemby anyway. Ainge a genius fr

Jazz are just building up the value of these guys so they can trade them for more picks. Second half of the year will be the Talen Horton-Tucker and Nickeil Alexander-Walker show.

Ainge playing 9D chess, amassed a plethora of picks and still a winning team

When you are so bad at tanking you instead become the best team in the NBA

What in the Joseph Smith is going on?

Jazz is the definition of failing upwards.

I find it hilarious that the stupid Jazz, who refused to give the Pelicans their name back even after the Pels owner offered them high seven figures for it, are going to miss out on a generational talent because they don’t know how to tank the right way and will probably end up losing in the playoffs AGAIN. I will never understand why they didn’t give us our name back and I will always hate them for it.

Nuggets fan- I'd just like to thank the Jazz for making us feel better about losing to you in the season debut. No shame in losing to a superteam.

This is some genius Money Ball **** going on in Utah...It makes no sense but I'm rooting for them!

Jazz gonna go from the blandest **** ever to being everyone’s second fav team this year. Good movement, minimal egos. Just good basketball

Ainge played the entire NBA with the whole “we’re tanking” ****. Bro was swindling the nba from the start

They tanking at tanking. Tankception

Jesus, lauri turning into a modern day Dirk

fantastic team basketball, I applaud Utah. not sure about the lemon drop unis tho

Jordan Clarkson is basketball god

So do lakers trade two first for Kelly olynk now?

So who is Utah playing in the finals this year?

"He can Finnish in me anytime"
dd0.png

Who knew all Utah had to do to become a contender was to trade Mitchell and Gobert?
Was thinking this exact thing.

Umm excuse me Utah, but tanking is that way
We accidentally won the first 3 games. Time to pull back and lose the next dozen or so.

I hate when you can hear an individual person screaming “DEFENSE!”. Did anyone else hear that kid all game long? I swear they put the most obnoxious voices right next to the cameras
Apparently the Pels didn't hear him.

Losing on a ****ing Kelly Olynyk game winner is ****ing infuriating.
This reaction is enough to start really appreciating Olynyk. We needed an irritant to replace Joe. RIP.

This is some genius Money Ball **** going on in Utah...It makes no sense but I'm rooting for them!
My sentiments exactly. This season so far in a nutshell.

"Stupid sexy Markkanen, ruining the tank for the Jazz.
Markkanen-Olynyk-Vanderbilt frontcourt will never lose again!

"Jazz gonna go from the blandest **** ever to being everyone’s second fav team this year. Good movement, minimal egos. Just good basketball"

"Nuggets fan- I'd just like to thank the Jazz for making us feel better about losing to you in the season debut. No shame in losing to a superteam."

I find it hilarious that the stupid Jazz, who refused to give the Pelicans their name back even after the Pels owner offered them high seven figures for it, are going to miss out on a generational talent because they don’t know how to tank the right way and will probably end up losing in the playoffs AGAIN. I will never understand why they didn’t give us our name back and I will always hate them for it.
It's our name and our team because their bum city couldn't or wouldn't support it. Go suck a fish, Pelicans!

Refs can suck a biiiiiig massive dick jazz won bc of them
Lol

Whoa!!!! Settle down big fella, and that’s what she said!!
Hehe!!
The untankables. Go jazz
Had take note stolen, I like this better!!
Jazz gonna start 25-0, trade their whole team for 30 first round picks, and finish 25-57 and get Wemby anyway. Ainge a genius fr
This is low key a great idea, not going to lie
Nuggets fan- I'd just like to thank the Jazz for making us feel better about losing to you in the season debut. No shame in losing to a superteam.
Agree, no shame in losing to the future champs and dynasty.
Ainge played the entire NBA with the whole “we’re tanking” ****. Bro was swindling the nba from the start
Lol
fantastic team basketball, I applaud Utah. not sure about the lemon drop unis tho
I feel like I’m risking getting sunburn just watching them play in those uniforms