What's new

Quotes from Raptors' forums-"lol we’re shooting 60% from 3 AND getting BLOWN OUT Utah going biblical on us tonight man"

JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
Pre Game

We should definitely win this game even tho the jazz are 9-2 in their last 11

Pascal is back in the lineup to keep his trade value up /s

Utah Jazz -2.5

The last Jazz game didn’t go so hot but today we get redemption.

Scottie triple double tonight. You heard it here first

Kessler could be a problem tonight. We have no size.

Utah Jazz have been surging as of late so this will be a tough one. Definitely winnable though, and unlike last time these two teams faced off, Raptors now have an actual offense.

We're going to destroy the Jazz. The only problem is the open 3s to Markannen and the interior presence of Kessler

1st Half

We definitely win the trade

Tough game so far

whys everyone completely lost on offence tonight

Is it just me or is the Utah camera angle a bit higher...I like it!

Kessler is literally Frankenstein bruh

nice, boucher been eathing them extra buttery popcorn before the game again

horton-tucker not even getting minutes anymore? lmao what a falloff

I’ll give it the Utah, sounds like they’ve got a pretty live crowd

Regression to the mean. Also, Jazz are contesting absolutely everything at the rim. Well coached D.

Keyonte George is an NBA player. Gradey Dick is not. Thats what you get for taking the meme pick.

Gradey scaring me

He’s is ridiculously bad

Why are Jazz good again. Why are they so big. Sheesh.

Can we put in Dick so we can prove it was the right pick against Keyonte

Honestly I'd give more props to Will Hardy who has managed to get the most out of this roster.

Guys, chill. It’s Utah. The comeback is coming soon. RJ boutta go crazy

lol Lauri is so overrated

Jazz have completely shutdown our driving game and are contesting at the rim without fouling. Gonna have to win with drive & kick and perimeter shooting. Will be interesting to see if Darko can figure out a counter.

This Jazz team is actually so trash. Crazy how good of a job Will Hardy has done.

The Jazz are the best offensive rebounding in the team league when healthy.

We are shooting 35% from the field, but 61.5% from 3. Jesus CHRIST this is HORRIBLE.

Why would the Jazz trade Markkanen? he's the type of player you build your team around. W

Any mormons at all in canada or nah?

Dude Siakam is getting punked by Markkanen.

You can’t attempt a comeback and give up 41 point quarters. The defense is completely ***.

Normally, if you shoot 67% from 3 with 24 FTs, you should be winning that game easily.

why aren't we up 80 points yet

So Utah is good now?

Put kessler in foul trouble and we’ll be good

Im surprised at how many basketball fans are still unaware tbat DWade is an owner of the Jazz.

Craptors are back to their regular scheduled programming

Anyone wanna make a layup today? It's a pretty good way to get points. Free throws too

Utah is just a bad matchup. They are 10x bigger then us, and their guards and depth just hit all the 3s. So we have 0 advantage

Go toe to toe with the clippers but get slapped by the jazz lol. Jazz is a good team but come on

Need a center for these games. Someone at least 7 foot. This game is over

Damn I went out to shovel snow end of the 1st quarter and it wasn’t this big a spread

We coming back

I don’t like this

Make a layup challenge

Please get it together, I know yall can do better than this

Point guard with zero assists. Wake up Quickley get players some looks

The one time I bet raptors moneyline

All I can really say is that half was a "Complete Crap"

Let’s get it together boys-end of the road trip with a W this is embarrassing

We’re pathetic man

I get why Knicks traded RJ Barrett

Man I can’t even be mad at those Utah threes. They are mostly contested. Just hitting great shots tonight.

How does the Jazz have a losing record. They're a really good team.

They look like a team that has turned the corner to me. I think they're clearly better than the Lakers and GSW.

I know they're hot as of now. They seem to have a ton of great role players and a deep bench. No great players, but lots of really good ones.

Gradeys confidence looks shot

Jazz playing insane defence credit to them

We’re challenging that??

Why the **** would you challenge that

It was so obvious

Barrett... you're getting abused by Sexton over and over

We are shooting 35% from the field, but 61.5% from 3. Jesus CHRIST this is HORRIBLE.

Bravo to Utah's coaching, it is very intense on both ends..bravo

I don't know how you miss 23 shots and grab just 1 offensive rebound either.

Let’s give Utah some credit though they been playing well. Their defence looks legit.

This Jazz team is way more talented than us. They are practically two deep at every position. We have like six players that are worth playing.

Jazz are definitely a great example of why you build a roster full of guys who are great at passing and shooting and a bunch of other good skills in today's game. The more versatile and well-rounded, the better! But not yet mentioned here: Markkanen is like 10x the player Siakam is on offense. In terms of skillset, just completely blows him out of the water IMO. The ability to create shots out of isolation and post-up, AND shoot at such a dangerously high percentage (high shooting gravity, which opens up even more space on the floor for easier driving and passing lanes, etc.) - all of that just makes things so much easier for the Jazz on offense, even when surrounded by "less talent".

2nd Half

lol we’re shooting 60% from 3 AND getting BLOWN OUT

Utah going biblical on us tonight man

Who the **** is Fontechio

holy **** Utah starts the half with 3 straight 3s

6 points in the paint... in an entire half... wtf

That's the RJ we know from the Knicks, 0 for 7, ZERO points 1H

All these Jazz players making 3s whos names i cannot pronounce lol

Might one of the ugly RJ games, jazz rim protection is good

“Raptors going small here”

Against this huge team lol ok

who said lauri is overrated lol

Man, we're not even playing that bad of defense on all these possessions. Jazz are just moving the ball and hitting at a decent clip.

Never seen a better shooting team in my life

we let them get confident and now they're just hitting ridiculous shots

How much longer until the entire court is covered in ads and you cant see any hardwood?

our guards are getting manhandled one on one. If you can check your man your teammates pay the price.

105 pts in 3Q

we're shooting over 60% from three. just keep shooting 3s you idiots.

Kessler clowning Siakam was lol

Dennis is so dumb man did he not see Kessler block siakam after siakam had him beat? Then he strolls in casually thinking he can do better? Lmao

Getting blocked every drive to the bucket

keyonte... fml

Damn, George can do that too?

This Kessler oaf is a freaking tree.

We're 16/24 from 3 and losing by 20.

Dunn was out of the league, O U T and now look at him! Miracles happening in Utah

Welp just a dunk contest for the Jazz at this point

145 points man looks like an allstar game score

I mean the timeout is pointless. Utah dominating inside and outside. Rebounding was killing Raps...now Utah just isn't missing shots.

Well I guess the trade gave us the dead cat bounce, but it’s looking like the cat is indeed dead.

Utah can really defend and shoot. Add in Sexton looking like a star again it’s a tough team

Yo is Utah like OKC 2.0 lowkey and nobody is paying attention?

League is powder soft, baby dick sport

The defence is comical. It's so so so bad

Were 65% from 3

Kessler might as well be Wemby the way we're (not) defending him

Look at the rebounding discrepancy

Damn George is owning us right now.

Only if we had an exciting rookie like Keyonte…

Jazz rim protection is godly

Jazz can do no wrong

Sooo, what's the asking price for Markkanen?

Look how shifty Keyonte is. I wanted to take him, man...

Utahs players feel 2 feet taller.

Hello darkness, my old friend

Bad game to have an entirely injured center rotation lmao

What i would do for Markanen instead of Siakam

Brother we are down 22

They’re out rebounding us by 23 go find a real center until poeltl comes back

We need a centre man why are we running this small *** lineup and getting bullied on both ends. 0 chance to win with the way this matches up

Well ****, just tuning in. Why we getting spanked?

Their interior D is good while our's is bad

This Jazz team is good

1000 IQ play by Scottie to miss those free throws and take a 3

Dennis if Pascal got swatted going at Kessler like that what made you think you’d get away with it

Doesn't matter how well this team plays if they let Utah shoot 30 extra shots it's gonna be a big L

Utah has had our number for a few years now for some reason

What, is the altitude too high for these guys or what?

**** the Jazz have so much size its annoying

We couldnt guard a baby

They don't miss holyyyy

The Jazz are soaking us right now. Soaking us to heck

Ah yes, the three ball is keeping the Raptors in this. Wait, what?

SHEEESH! The jazz can't miss anything even if they tried

You guys can be doomer about the Raptors but these mfers can't miss tonight lol

Playing small ball vs two 7 footers isn’t going to work

Darko is just letting them play with that ******** of defense... Call a timeout you muppet

Honestly, if we had played even a little bit of decent defence, this would have been a game. I can't remember the last time we shot this well. It's just too bad the Jazz are shooting ridiculously good too.

Yo I’m drunk downtown why are the Jazz so good all of a sudden

That Keyonte George dunk hurt my feelings. I think it’s time to turn the game off.

Dick watching the rockie we passed on from the bench just torshing us

Kessler is just absolutely obliterating us without Poeltl

we're shooting great, but they've got way more shots up bc they scooped up 2x the rebounds we have

Utah calm down you're 20-20 and we suck

How many ****ing goaltends are these fools going to miss this game?

Why are we running a 3 guard lineup against a big *** team

Barnes screaming for free throws EVERY drive is starting to get real old

Keynote George went 16th overall...****

is kelly olynyk embid?

omg dennis why the hell do you force that shot against the guy with 4 blocks

The Jazz literally cobbled together this team from trading away all their good players and already have a better team than us lmao

Keyonte George is a baller

they are just a better team.. sad

Man that's crazy Utah so hot right now

Jazz shooting 100% from the field today wtf

I hope this game is a learning experience on how to play teams with elite rim protection, cuz god it was awful watching just drive for a block party

That's a blowout!! Somethings gotta give.

Please stop, we are getting embarrassed & will go 10 games down .500 on Monday.

37% from the field and 58% from FT, but somehow 66% from three. Horrible efficiency stats in the paint and midrange

RJ BARRETT HAS 0 ****ING POINTS WITH 6 MINUTES TO GO IN THE 3RD THAT IS SAD AF!!!

I Smell a comeback

were ****ing cooked

How does your point guard have ZERO assists ? He’s not Allen iverson tell him to pass the ****ing ball

Post-Game

Wow! If there was ever a team playing above their talent level.......Utah is a team connected!

Why did you draft Grady over Keyonte ?

can't believe we lost to Utah bro

Its the Utah Jazz for goodness sake, they're so mid.

They’re the hottest team in the nba rn, why are we surprised??

I’m not toooo upset. Jazz feel like they could beat any team in the league tonight lol.

They got a solid team and really exciting future with so many picks. Can’t really be too mad.

We gave up 145 what the **** man

80 points off the bench is just ridiculous

They played bad tonight but have you seen the streak the Jazz have been on rn? They blowing out the TOP teams the last couple games

WHY DID WE DRAFT GRADEY EXPLAIN.

utah played well, no shame in the loss …

drafted dick over keyonte lmaoo

I think at this point we’re just getting used to losing

We could've had it all with Keyonte George, but you decided to opt for part-time podcaster Gradey Dick.

Utah shot lights outs, were outcoached , played well together. Raptors didn't play poorly but they needed to go to a bigger lineup earlier. Utah knocking off all the top teams right now so this can be expected. On to the next game. Go Raptors go!

Absolutely embarrassing outing

In some parallel world we drafted Walker Kesler and Keyonte George and we never traded for Thad.

We got outrebounded by like 30 today... there's enough rebounds out there that RJ isn't "stealing."

No rebounding

I just wanna point out that Utah exemplifies how to do an excellent rebuild, alongside OKC and Orlando.

It starts with having an ownership and front office who are humbly willing to take 3 steps back in order to take 30 steps forward.

Sell your stars a year early rather than a year late. Once you've identified that you're not a contender with your core, it's time to ship guys off.

Prioritize prospects and picks (PPs) over veteran players, and be willing to take on bad contracts so that you can get even more PP.

Get a coach who gets players to play hard and establishes a system.

Utah can't even lose because they have so many talented players and they haven't even used their draft picks who also appear very promising.

Wish our front office could use them as an example.

Danny Ainge is a legendary trader.

This, and he think Jazz is still under rebuild stage and everyone is tradable with ~.500 winning percentage in the west.....

On the other hand, Masai.....

They traded away their all-stars Gobert and Mitchell at peak value… Masai would never…

Danny Ainge is Danny Ainge for a reason.

Absolutely annihilated

Utah was red hot and our defense was stinky poo poo bad

Utah played their asses off, the raptors did not or could not

We make a two, they make a two We make a three, they make a three We get an and-1, they get an and-1

I mean Ik we don’t have a great defence but they just couldn’t miss today.

Terrible match up, tired, no perimeter d and Kessler fed

Guys. They couldn't miss and we missed Poeltl. Bad loss with some poor performances, but gotta get these out of the way sometimes..

Rebounding or rather lack of..cost the game...

The Raptors really could have had Walker Kessler, but traded the pick for a washed up power forward and a 2nd round pick who has a mystery illness and can't play basketball. Just an amazing display of asset management.

Gradey Dick will have to make a huge leap by next year or he is not going to make it. He is still 20 but that's a huge gap to make up.

Gradey Dick is flat out not an NBA player at this point. Jury’s out if he ever will be.

Jazz have been cooking lately, but giving up nearly 150 is horrendous. D has been ****** all season so its an issue they need to clean up from top the bottom.

Quotes from around the league

An insane stat in the Jazz/Raptors game tonight

According to Ben Anderson of KSL News, NBA teams were 37-4 this season when they made 17 threes while shooting 50% or higher from downtown.

The four losses were by a combined 27 points. The Raptors hit those marks and lost by 32.

Dumbest challenge in modern history

Good work jazz up 17 with the raptors shooting 61% from 3

I always like tuning into Jazz homegames because the energy of the crowd is always so great. You can tell the crowds truly love their team. It's like going to a Jazz game is the Mormon idea of good wholesome family fun.

If the raptors didn't get a friendly whistle and weren't shooting 67% from 3.. this would be a 40 point game.

really impressed by this utah team

How are the Jazz only .500?

They have been ridiculous for the past month. I have watched 3 straight Jazz games, and they look like a top 5 team in the league. I don't feel too bad because i watched them absolutely crush the Bucks and Nuggets back to back. They are also at home, where they are really annoying to beat.

I also think Colin Sexton finally realized that passing the ball makes scoring easier for him

I have no idea what to think of the Jazz. They’ve been on an absolute tear lately and have plenty of good pieces.

I think the Jazz are just good now. Lauri Markkanen has been an all-NBA level player the last season and a half, and all of these other guys who are plus players have come into their own. Hardy is a brilliant coach who has found a way to make it all fit. This stretch of good play is getting too long to think anything other than that they’re pretty dang good.

So the Jazz are just good and fun now, huh? Good for Utah. I hope they make the playoffs because Utah crowds are crazy (I mean that in both a good way and a not good way).

Awesome quotes JA!

Another wild stat to add to the list:
According to Ben Anderson of KSL News, NBA teams were 37-4 this season when they made 17 threes while shooting 50% or higher from downtown.

The four losses were by a combined 27 points. The Raptors hit those marks and lost by 32.

I wonder if a team has ever been blown out as bad as the Raptors, when shooting 50% from 3 on over 30 attempts? Cant be too many such instances..

As I sit in bed in the dark with a MILF and I am reading these posts from Raptor fans to her, she told me she is confused that they complain about having Dick, because she is a big fan. She then told me I have to be the BIGGEST Jazz fan she has ever met. I told her she was pulling my leg.

Also, @Hearsky, your mom told me to tell you she'll be home late.

Awesome quotes JA!

Another wild stat to add to the list:

I wonder if a team has ever been blown out as bad as the Raptors, when shooting 50% from 3 on over 30 attempts? Cant be too many such instances..
Absolutely not. That kind of perimeter shooting is almost always a recipe for a blowout win in the modern NBA.

Their interior defense against the Jazz was putrid, among the worst I've seen this season. It's like those dudes just don't care.

Absolutely not. That kind of perimeter shooting is almost always a recipe for a blowout win in the modern NBA.

Their interior defense against the Jazz was putrid, among the worst I've seen this season. It's like those dudes just don't care.
Yeah 34 shots from 3 with 50% accuracy and 37 FT on top of that.... in a 32 point loss. Must be a super rare anomaly, if not the first.

As I sit in bed in the dark with a MILF and I am reading these posts from Raptor fans to her, she told me she is confused that they complain about having Dick, because she is a big fan. She then told me I have to be the BIGGEST Jazz fan she has ever met. I told her she was pulling my leg.

Also, @Hearsky, your mom told me to tell you she'll be home late.

Obviously.

Thank you JA. Gotta be the most praise-filled quotes yet. I think they like Keyonte.

"Utah going biblical on us tonight man"

"6 points in the paint... in an entire half... wtf"

"Kessler is literally Frankenstein bruh"

"All these Jazz players making 3s whos names i cannot pronounce lol"

"who said lauri is overrated lol"

"Never seen a better shooting team in my life"

"Kessler clowning Siakam was lol"

"Dennis is so dumb man did he not see Kessler block siakam after siakam had him beat? Then he strolls in casually thinking he can do better? Lmao"

keyonte... fml

Damn, George can do that too?

This Kessler oaf is a freaking tree.

Dunn was out of the league, O U T and now look at him! Miracles happening in Utah

Damn George is owning us right now.

Only if we had an exciting rookie like Keyonte…

Look how shifty Keyonte is. I wanted to take him, man...

Yo I’m drunk downtown why are the Jazz so good all of a sudden

That Keyonte George dunk hurt my feelings. I think it’s time to turn the game off.

Keynote George went 16th overall...****

is kelly olynyk embid?

Keyonte George is a baller

Wow! If there was ever a team playing above their talent level.......Utah is a team connected!

We could've had it all with Keyonte George, but you decided to opt for part-time podcaster Gradey Dick.

The Key love was hilarious. And he was good and attacking but missed all his threes… had he got a couple of those to go I think there would have been some Raps fans that rage quit.

The Key love was hilarious. And he was good and attacking but missed all his threes… had he got a couple of those to go I think there would have been some Raps fans that rage quit.

I've watched a lot of this rookie class and I'm pretty convinced that Key is by far the most advanced passer. He was great last night. Pretty cool he's on our team since that was the one thing I was looking for going in to the draft.

I've watched a lot of this rookie class and I'm pretty convinced that Key is by far the most advanced passer. He was great last night. Pretty cool he's on our team since that was the one thing I was looking for going in to the draft.
He was creating shots which was nice to see. I was just thinking man if he’d have gone 2/5 on top of that they would have lost their minds.

I think Dick will be fine but man he’s been invisible this far.

He was creating shots which was nice to see. I was just thinking man if he’d have gone 2/5 on top of that they would have lost their minds.

I think Dick will be fine but man he’s been invisible this far.
Dick had a 3 rattle out and what looked liked a decent drive until Ochai blocked his layup pretty hard. I don’t think he’s a bad player, but he’s overwhelmed and his confidence is shot. I wouldn’t even mind if the Jazz would pick him up for cheap while he still sucks, because you can’t have a shot like his and continue to suck forever.