What's new

Quotes from the Hornets forums-"Nobody…can beat a team that jacks 50 3’s along with hitting 26 of them. Period."

JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner

Man, the Jazz are loaded for bear this year with Conley and Clarkson emerging to complement the dynamic duo of Mitchell and Gobert.​

Seriously strong team.

Vegas odds are Jazz favored by 8.5 … it will be incredibly hard for us to beat them even if Rozier returns and bounces immediately back to form.

Anyone else remember being glad that​

Monk fell to us so we did not have to draft Mitchell?

Oh is it time for the yearly frustrating close loss at home to the jazz

Sure, the Jazz hit all their threes. Sure, they have the best defensive center in the NBA who clears the area around the rim like a rebounding pipe bomb. Sure, they have a great young offensive superstar paired with the NBA's Mr. Reliable in the backcourt. And yes, the rest of their team is filled out with guys who can go off 25 on any given night and great 3&D players.

But we have Gordon Hayward. And I hear Gordon ain't all too fond of the Utah Territory.

We winning.

jazz are the model for how a small market should operate a team​

Utah isn't super big in the back court with Conley and Mitchell so it should help with our 2 x PG line ups, although they are both physical.

Utah currently has the best record in the NBA. Pretty sure they ain't missing Haywood. They also signed both FAs they targeted in free agency, Clarkson and Favors. Clarkson is leading the 6th man of the year award right now, and Favors spent years in Utah and then came back the first chance he had.

What I am saying is they still are not over him leaving. Like a middle aged man still yipping his HS girlfriend dumped him, kinda sad. Watch today's forums in Jazzland and on twitter.

That's how you start a game​

wait, we're allowed to have the lead early in the 1st quarter? that's cool

I love everything about Gordon Hayward except for his haircut

Fun while it lasted​

Straight up brickfest since Gordon subbed out

another game where we’re *** without hayward and or melo on the court

Holy **** Utah is good. They don’t miss!

"He never called Gail" ..... "He should of demanded a trade 1 year earlier". All he did was honor his contract and leave as a FA. Get friggin over it.

The Jazz have to cool off a bit eventually, right? I hope tonight is that time.

Hawks did a good job of stopping the Conley/Gobert pick-and-roll last time, for a while at least. Do that and get Mitchell and Clarkson going hero mode, our guys have a chance.

start 3 pgs sure why not

Zeller getting abused by Rudy

If we can maintain this 68% field goal shooting for the entire game we might just be alright.

conley smoked graham good lord

We've gone from 68% shooting to 40% shooting reallllllllllll fast - but not as fast as our lead evaporated.

So why tf Jordan Clarkson look like steph curry right there

Damn I didn’t even know he was putting up those numbers but that release was wayyyy too quick

God my blood is boiling just watching a minute of these ****ing useless twins both on the court

Caleb Martin, 7 minutes, -17

Cody Martin, 2 minutes, -6

Wow another 2nd quarter run when the other team hits a 100 threes

Caleb Martin is -28 in the first half.

"Lamelo has improved more in 20 games than Ben Simmons has in 3 years"

hard to do much when Utah is shooting like this​

Mitchell seems like one of the most frustrating players in the league to defend​

Sooooo.....do the Jazz ever miss? lol​

I'm not at all surprised to be losing this game like this because this Jazz team will be going deep into the playoffs in the West.​

I also feel that Snyder is an amazing coach too. He's easily one of the top 5 coaches in the league. I wish we had him...​

How many years to build a team like the Jazz?​

5-6 years?

Jazz hit in the middle of the lottery with Gobert and then with Mitchell

Melo's energy is infectious​

lamelo has the last 9 for us? idk if thats sad or if i should be impressed

It’s like Biyombo plays without fingers

Guys despite the score, this was probably my favorite game of the season, behind the Milwaukee one

Damn the LaRunner is actually falling tonight that's cool

Near impossible to win when the other team makes 25 THREES

holy **** the threes

It hurts watching teams with athletic bigs have their way with us

The jazz are very good at basketball

You can tell that the jazz are just on another level

Melo and Jingles would be the most wholesome brawl ever.

Scrappy bugs making a comeback over the sleepy time music

Caleb -28 in 13 min

His brother -13 in 4 min

this isn't even a result of bad perimeter defense, they're just insane at 3s

Utah really was the best place for Clarkson​

Utah is just too big and skilled​

it is frustratinf

This Utah team is a damn machine wtf

Yep. They've dismantled pretty much everyone the last few weeks.

Looks like our number came up.

damn. Gordo trying everything out there. Then the bog just snaps it right back with another 3

Genuinely also thought that Biz shot was gonna come straight back down and hit him in the head. How that went in is a miracle of physics lmao

I thought we were done with the Martin’s but then everyone started getting injured. I swear this franchise is cursed

Quin Snyder wearing vans is bugging me

I hate watching other teams shoot wide-open threes so, so, so much.

Utah could get hot at any moment and our perimeter D is pathetic

Dammmn Utah gonna beat the clippers in the second round this year bet

Damn the jazz are as advertised

we need Utah's shooting coaches

That Bogi triple was so flat my goodness

Every single three pointer they hit hurts my soul even more

Couple games two really good teams show us how far we have to go. Philly beat us up at their game different style. Utah is beating us at the type game we want to play.

testament to not trading your first round picks for marginal upgrades

Jazz are the best three point shooting team​

Top in rebounds and a bunch of other categories.

Now watch them **** their pants against the Lakers in the playoffs.

Bojan so underrated...​

Always seems to casually score 20+….

this game has been so frustrating just because Utah is so good​

It was hilarious watching Monk trying to front Gobert. Is that why they're called "Hornets?"

utah is a good team that doesn't play down to comp and goes hard all game. i ain't mad

can't believe we're coming back again lmao

I can't believe LaMelo shows signs of being able to take over games for stretches as a rookie.

mitchell is too good man lol

Literally every player on the jazz has drastically improved over the offseason it’s ridiculous

Come on, come on, keep someone in front of Bogdanovic.

****ing clarkson Damn we had it close a couple mins ago

Would Jazz fans even celebrate this win? It's like kicking a defenseless child

Oni for 3? Why not...

It feels like Bogdanovic never ages.

Trash 3PT defending team who gives nearly 40 a game go up against the hottest most lights out three point shooting team in the league whose 6 of their top 7 players shoot at or over 40% from three

We could end up with 110 and lose by 30 at this rate.

play literally any team and we would have had a chance.

Every time Utah hits a 3 i feel like my life force is going down like in Yugioh....

Knew that was going in as soon as Mitchell got the ball, against this soft zone.

Dont see Utah giving up this lead to be frank.

Just lethal

Melo's understanding of space and distance when he drives is elite.

lamelo not starting has been such a joke

i would love ingles on this team man

Great effort to come back after that big deficit. I honestly thought it was over in the 3rd, but of course this team clawed back.

Melo keeps looking awesome, if he can consistently punish teams with his floaters and finishing at the rim he will be unstoppable.

Gordon Hayward had a double-double and I didn't even notice, with Bogdanovic and Mitchell going off for 30.

Jazz, Sixers, Lakers, I just expect L's. Way too much size for us.

If we had Ingles instead of Martin twin minutes we could hang with a team like this. Caleb -28 in his 10 minutes in the first half.

UTA 26/50 from 3
F**k

Congrats on finally having a future superstar. Melo looks amazing and it is insane that he is only 19. I can't imagine the impact he will have in 3 or 4 years after his body fills out and he refines his skillset.

Gordon Hayward took only one shot (and missed ) in the 4th Q…he needs to demand the ball like any teams top scorer would.

Nobody…can beat a team that jacks 50 3’s along with hitting 26 of them. Period.

What a game by Lamelo​

This was one of those games where you clearly see the superstar in him. He can totally take over a game. He dominated. Just no defense from the Hornets and the Jazz hit their threes.

Ball had 27 official FG attempts? Lolololololol. Shooters shoot I guess. His long lost Cousin Carmelo must be his Shot Advisor. Hornets lose by 17...Lololol. Jeez.

I mean it's hard to compete against 50+% 3-pointers. We lost, but we have a good team

Never going to win that but being 10 points up to being 15 down in the blink of an eye didn’t help either

Can’t afford to go to sleep for small patches against the good teams. They kill u everytime

I like our young team but the perimeter defense has got to improve. It seems like every game we are giving up a bunch of 3’s.

Cant win with a JV bench. Get rid of the Martin brothers. Hustle players can get you only so far. We need talent.

GG. It’s crazy how good the Jazz are and yet they really aren’t getting much attention unlike the nets and lakers. Odd

Hey coach, you’re facing the top three point shooting team in the league, gonna tighten up on the perimeter and force them to take some 2s? Nah, we just gonna give up a casual 25-30 3s. No biggie.

For the love of heaven and earth get a center bruh

ive never been so happy to take an L

We lost but damn what a fun game. Felt like a moral victory.

We lost the battle but hard to be upset when Lamelo plays so well

The only objections I had with this game were coaching decisions. That was honestly one of our best played games of the year IMO.

Almost all the guys sucked tonight, but LaMelo Ball played so well the Jazz kept their starters in until the final minute. He ended the game with

34 points

52% FG

8 assists

4 rebounds

2 steals and 1 block

0 turnovers in 39 minutes

Dude keeps getting better and better

Yeah Bogdonovic hitting four consecutive threes in the third quarter was insane. He finished 7/10 from the three. The rest of the Jazz were shooting well but Bogey was on another level tonight

We rank 28th in # of threes we allow the other team to take at around 40 a game. Meaning theres only two other teams in the league who allow more

Meanwhile Utah both defend and shoot the three ball ridiculously stupidly well

Utah are top 5 in all three categories of 3P made, attempted and %. They're legit and then some.

They are also top 5 in 3P allowed at only around 31 a game. And teams only score around 11 of those a game, which is also top 5

Utah are the most in form in the league right now and they do it on both sides of the ball and balanced scoring. I usually hate moral victories and all that but imma be grasping at mad straws tonight and fully expect an L, even if Utah are travelling on a B2B

Man, the Jazz are loaded for bear this year with Conley and Clarkson emerging to complement the dynamic duo of Mitchell and Gobert.​

Seriously strong team.

Vegas odds are Jazz favored by 8.5 … it will be incredibly hard for us to beat them even if Rozier returns and bounces immediately back to form.

Oh is it time for the yearly frustrating close loss at home to the jazz

Sure, the Jazz hit all their threes. Sure, they have the best defensive center in the NBA who clears the area around the rim like a rebounding pipe bomb. Sure, they have a great young offensive superstar paired with the NBA's Mr. Reliable in the backcourt. And yes, the rest of their team is filled out with guys who can go off 25 on any given night and great 3&D players.

But we have Gordon Hayward. And I hear Gordon ain't all too fond of the Utah Territory.

We winning.

jazz are the model for how a small market should operate a team​

Utah isn't super big in the back court with Conley and Mitchell so it should help with our 2 x PG line ups, although they are both physical.

Utah currently has the best record in the NBA. Pretty sure they ain't missing Haywood. They also signed both FAs they targeted in free agency, Clarkson and Favors. Clarkson is leading the 6th man of the year award right now, and Favors spent years in Utah and then came back the first chance he had.

What I am saying is they still are not over him leaving. Like a middle aged man still yipping his HS girlfriend dumped him, kinda sad. Watch today's forums in Jazzland and on twitter.

That's how you start a game​

wait, we're allowed to have the lead early in the 1st quarter? that's cool

I love everything about Gordon Hayward except for his haircut

Fun while it lasted​

Straight up brickfest since Gordon subbed out

another game where we’re *** without hayward and or melo on the court

Holy **** Utah is good. They don’t miss!

"He never called Gail" ..... "He should of demanded a trade 1 year earlier". All he did was honor his contract and leave as a FA. Get friggin over it.

The Jazz have to cool off a bit eventually, right? I hope tonight is that time.

Hawks did a good job of stopping the Conley/Gobert pick-and-roll last time, for a while at least. Do that and get Mitchell and Clarkson going hero mode, our guys have a chance.

start 3 pgs sure why not

Zeller getting abused by Rudy

If we can maintain this 68% field goal shooting for the entire game we might just be alright.

conley smoked graham good lord

We've gone from 68% shooting to 40% shooting reallllllllllll fast - but not as fast as our lead evaporated.

So why tf Jordan Clarkson look like steph curry right there

Damn I didn’t even know he was putting up those numbers but that release was wayyyy too quick

God my blood is boiling just watching a minute of these ****ing useless twins both on the court

Caleb Martin, 7 minutes, -17

Cody Martin, 2 minutes, -6

Wow another 2nd quarter run when the other team hits a 100 threes

Caleb Martin is -28 in the first half.

"Lamelo has improved more in 20 games than Ben Simmons has in 3 years"

hard to do much when Utah is shooting like this​

Mitchell seems like one of the most frustrating players in the league to defend​

Sooooo.....do the Jazz ever miss? lol​

I'm not at all surprised to be losing this game like this because this Jazz team will be going deep into the playoffs in the West.​

I also feel that Snyder is an amazing coach too. He's easily one of the top 5 coaches in the league. I wish we had him...​

How many years to build a team like the Jazz?​

5-6 years?

Jazz hit in the middle of the lottery with Gobert and then with Mitchell

Melo's energy is infectious​

lamelo has the last 9 for us? idk if thats sad or if i should be impressed

It’s like Biyombo plays without fingers

Guys despite the score, this was probably my favorite game of the season, behind the Milwaukee one

Damn the LaRunner is actually falling tonight that's cool

Near impossible to win when the other team makes 25 THREES

holy **** the threes

It hurts watching teams with athletic bigs have their way with us

The jazz are very good at basketball

You can tell that the jazz are just on another level

Melo and Jingles would be the most wholesome brawl ever.

Scrappy bugs making a comeback over the sleepy time music

Caleb -28 in 13 min

His brother -13 in 4 min

this isn't even a result of bad perimeter defense, they're just insane at 3s

Utah really was the best place for Clarkson​

Utah is just too big and skilled​

it is frustratinf

This Utah team is a damn machine wtf

Yep. They've dismantled pretty much everyone the last few weeks.

Looks like our number came up.

damn. Gordo trying everything out there. Then the bog just snaps it right back with another 3

Genuinely also thought that Biz shot was gonna come straight back down and hit him in the head. How that went in is a miracle of physics lmao

I thought we were done with the Martin’s but then everyone started getting injured. I swear this franchise is cursed

Quin Snyder wearing vans is bugging me

I hate watching other teams shoot wide-open threes so, so, so much.

Utah could get hot at any moment and our perimeter D is pathetic

Dammmn Utah gonna beat the clippers in the second round this year bet

Damn the jazz are as advertised

we need Utah's shooting coaches

That Bogi triple was so flat my goodness

Every single three pointer they hit hurts my soul even more

Couple games two really good teams show us how far we have to go. Philly beat us up at their game different style. Utah is beating us at the type game we want to play.

testament to not trading your first round picks for marginal upgrades

Jazz are the best three point shooting team​

Top in rebounds and a bunch of other categories.

Now watch them **** their pants against the Lakers in the playoffs.

Bojan so underrated...​

Always seems to casually score 20+….

this game has been so frustrating just because Utah is so good​

It was hilarious watching Monk trying to front Gobert. Is that why they're called "Hornets?"

utah is a good team that doesn't play down to comp and goes hard all game. i ain't mad

can't believe we're coming back again lmao

I can't believe LaMelo shows signs of being able to take over games for stretches as a rookie.

mitchell is too good man lol

Literally every player on the jazz has drastically improved over the offseason it’s ridiculous

Come on, come on, keep someone in front of Bogdanovic.

****ing clarkson Damn we had it close a couple mins ago

Oni for 3? Why not...

It feels like Bogdanovic never ages.

Trash 3PT defending team who gives nearly 40 a game go up against the hottest most lights out three point shooting team in the league whose 6 of their top 7 players shoot at or over 40% from three

We could end up with 110 and lose by 30 at this rate.

play literally any team and we would have had a chance.

Every time Utah hits a 3 i feel like my life force is going down like in Yugioh....

Knew that was going in as soon as Mitchell got the ball, against this soft zone.

Dont see Utah giving up this lead to be frank.

Just lethal

Melo's understanding of space and distance when he drives is elite.

lamelo not starting has been such a joke

i would love ingles on this team man

Great effort to come back after that big deficit. I honestly thought it was over in the 3rd, but of course this team clawed back.

Melo keeps looking awesome, if he can consistently punish teams with his floaters and finishing at the rim he will be unstoppable.

Gordon Hayward had a double-double and I didn't even notice, with Bogdanovic and Mitchell going off for 30.

Jazz, Sixers, Lakers, I just expect L's. Way too much size for us.

If we had Ingles instead of Martin twin minutes we could hang with a team like this. Caleb -28 in his 10 minutes in the first half.

UTA 26/50 from 3
F**k

Congrats on finally having a future superstar. Melo looks amazing and it is insane that he is only 19. I can't imagine the impact he will have in 3 or 4 years after his body fills out and he refines his skillset.

Gordon Hayward took only one shot (and missed ) in the 4th Q…he needs to demand the ball like any teams top scorer would.

Nobody…can beat a team that jacks 50 3’s along with hitting 26 of them. Period.

What a game by Lamelo​

This was one of those games where you clearly see the superstar in him. He can totally take over a game. He dominated. Just no defense from the Hornets and the Jazz hit their threes.

Ball had 27 official FG attempts? Lolololololol. Shooters shoot I guess. His long lost Cousin Carmelo must be his Shot Advisor. Hornets lose by 17...Lololol. Jeez.

I mean it's hard to compete against 50+% 3-pointers. We lost, but we have a good team

Never going to win that but being 10 points up to being 15 down in the blink of an eye didn’t help either

Can’t afford to go to sleep for small patches against the good teams. They kill u everytime

I like our young team but the perimeter defense has got to improve. It seems like every game we are giving up a bunch of 3’s.

Cant win with a JV bench. Get rid of the Martin brothers. Hustle players can get you only so far. We need talent.

GG. It’s crazy how good the Jazz are and yet they really aren’t getting much attention unlike the nets and lakers. Odd

Hey coach, you’re facing the top three point shooting team in the league, gonna tighten up on the perimeter and force them to take some 2s? Nah, we just gonna give up a casual 25-30 3s. No biggie.

For the love of heaven and earth get a center bruh

ive never been so happy to take an L

We lost but damn what a fun game. Felt like a moral victory.

We lost the battle but hard to be upset when Lamelo plays so well

The only objections I had with this game were coaching decisions. That was honestly one of our best played games of the year IMO.

Almost all the guys sucked tonight, but LaMelo Ball played so well the Jazz kept their starters in until the final minute. He ended the game with

34 points

52% FG

8 assists

4 rebounds

2 steals and 1 block

0 turnovers in 39 minutes

Dude keeps getting better and better

Yeah Bogdonovic hitting four consecutive threes in the third quarter was insane. He finished 7/10 from the three. The rest of the Jazz were shooting well but Bogey was on another level tonight

We rank 28th in # of threes we allow the other team to take at around 40 a game. Meaning theres only two other teams in the league who allow more

Meanwhile Utah both defend and shoot the three ball ridiculously stupidly well

Utah are top 5 in all three categories of 3P made, attempted and %. They're legit and then some.

They are also top 5 in 3P allowed at only around 31 a game. And teams only score around 11 of those a game, which is also top 5

Utah are the most in form in the league right now and they do it on both sides of the ball and balanced scoring. I usually hate moral victories and all that but imma be grasping at mad straws tonight and fully expect an L, even if Utah are travelling on a B2B

Thank you, JA!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

"GG. It’s crazy how good the Jazz are and yet they really aren’t getting much attention unlike the nets and lakers. Odd"

"...Utah is beating us at the type game we want to play"

"This isn't even a result of bad perimeter defense, they're just insane at 3s"

"You can tell that the jazz are just on another level"

So many great quotes! Some of my many favorites. Thanks JA you are making a great year even better!

Go Jazz!

Sent from my SM-T813 using JazzFanz mobile app

tenor.gif

Sometimes defenseless children are named Gordon and need a good kicking
I haven't watched him play other than a few highlights, but he looked really good last night. They may have found something here. Especially if they can keep levar out of the mix. I hope he supersedes Heywood as their star.

“i would love ingles on this team man”

I guess they’ll have to settle for the over-priced, poor-man’s version of Mr Ingles.

Speaking of Haywood, obviously.