What's new

Quotes from the Pelicans' forums-"The offensive juggernaut that is Rubio could not be stopped"

Jazz Avenues is doing a fantastic job. For those who want to criticize, I have two suggestions:
1) If you can do it better, go ahead; or 2) Just don't visit the quotes threads.
I agree.

I did a few threads back when the whole thing was getting started, but JazzAvenues did them better. . . so I gave up and just decided to look forward to them whenever Utah wins.

They are easily my favorite threads around here. I love the funny and salty fans bitching about the Jazz working their teams over.

It was constructive criticism on how to keep these threads awesome. No reason for several pages of bitching about it.

Thanks, Ellis. Didn't realize you had done a few. They've been my favorite threads for a couple of years.
Loved the Hayward hair comments last season. Quin and Ingles always generate great quotes. Now we've got the Mitchell love fest.

Siro, I hate that damn bug. I've actually brushed off my screen a couple of times; which is bad because I have a touch screen.

I wouldn't have believed this was possible unless I'd seen it with my own eyes. In fact, I've seen it and I still don't believe it.

That twitter statement is actually not accurate. They have won 18 of 20, and remained in 10th place, not moved up unfortunately. On January 24, which was 20 games ago, we were 19-28 and in 10th place, but we were 5 games away from 8th. Looking forward to the 4th or 5th seed.

That twitter statement is actually not accurate. They have won 18 of 20, and remained in 10th place, not moved up unfortunately. On January 24, which was 20 games ago, we were 19-28 and in 10th place, but we were 5 games away from 8th. Looking forward to the 4th or 5th seed.
So in other words you're saying it is accurate. The Jazz were in 10th, they won 18 out of 20, and that was enough to move them all the way up to 10th. Thanks for clarifying.

So in other words you're saying it is accurate. The Jazz were in 10th, they won 18 out of 20, and that was enough to move them all the way up to 10th. Thanks for clarifying.

I meant to say not entirely accurate as they didn't "move all the way up" to 10th place. Just sorta crazy that a team in 10th place wins 18 of 20 and remains in 10th place. I wonder if any team has started out with a .40 winning percentage in the first half of the season (say 40-50 games), then go on to win 90% out of the next 20. Gobert factor to the extreme.

That’s part of the joke. It’s not meant to be a no-nonsense newspaper headline/report. It is joking on the assumption that virtually anyone would make, the assumption that a team with such a record (18-2) will move up in the standings. The author of that post is well aware of the semantics issue you bring up, and specifically chose to write it in the manner he/she did.

That’s part of the joke. It’s not meant to be a no-nonsense newspaper headline/report. It is joking on the assumption that virtually anyone would make, the assumption that a team with such a record (18-2) will move up in the standings. The author of that post is well aware of the semantics issue you bring up, and specifically chose to write it in the manner he/she did.
LOL, you beat me by seconds. :)

Reactions: 8
It was constructive criticism on how to keep these threads awesome. No reason for several pages of bitching about it.

And at least the person came right out and gave their honest opinion. Probabaly better than trying the method that one dude used for his constructive criticism of the most recent game thread. This method certainly displays more conviction and less ambiguity.

Why does every teams fanbase complain about Gobert's screens being illegal? I might be biased (probably am) but looking at his screens objectively I don't see anything illegal about them. He sets his feet and doesn't move. The most I can see that could cause a complaint is Rudy does utilize a little hand/forearm action from time to time but its nothing that's clearly a foul. If they wanna see illegal screens they need to rewatch the Jazz-Clippers playoff series from last year. DeAndre Jordan was constantly setting moving screens, throwing his hip into players trying to get around screens, holding defenders who went under screens, etc.

Hey JazzAvenues, can you make it so that I only have to expend the most minimal amount of cognitive effort when reading the threads you painstakingly compose after each win (and we've won a lot lately)? It's a bit too much for me when I read a comment that I thought was coming from a Pelicans fan but that was actually from a Jazz fan, or possibly, a Republican.