What's new

Quotes from the Spurs' forums-"How is Utah getting left open for 3 so easily? "

JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
Spurs need a modern day coach , pop has served his time ., game has passed him by

I hope at least our big guys are aggressive enough to rebound vs Gobert wondering why Murray is leading in this category. Be nasty Spurs!

If Rudy can stop shooting every time he touches the ball , maybe we can get some players going! He takes the most shots in the team and he comes off the bench. That should say something.

JazzAvenues certifies this as a total dick comment from a complete idiot with an excessive percentage of neanderthal genes: To even think with a WNBA coach coaching a mans game we have a chance at winning a championship is ludicrous, it seems the Spurs have sacrificed winning in place of making history instead.

My goodness our defense has started off slow

Jakob had Bojan on him down low and didn't even try to post him up

Man... Do you remember the time when there were rumors aplenty of Mitchell and Gobert having issues with each other?

If only we had a team full of Keldon Johnsons

Gobert effect early tonight

I got a sneaking suspicion this is going to be an L. Players afraid to drive against Gobert. Going to equal into them daring Spurs to shoot and if they don’t knock them down being one dimensional, gonna be a big fat L.

Gobert looking at us like we’re bbq chicken right now

When are the Spurs going to get their own version of an athletic big like Rudy Gobert? That’s what they are lacking and is the missing piece. They almost picked him, but Jazz picked him 27th and Spurs ended up with Livio Jean Charles at 28th. I had high expectations for LVC just like Chimezie Metu. Oh well..

**** man we need to guard gobert

DeMar doing everything out there smh. No help so far.

I'd like to see us actually taking some damn threes instead of repeatedly trying to finish over the best rim protector of the last decade. lol

Mitchell is on fire oh joy

Derrick Favors is back with the Jazz? Interesting, did not know that.

Our guys seem to think hitting the rim is good enough for points.

this team is falling off a cliff fast. This is a clear L. Worst game of the season

We could've had Gobert in the 2013 draft, but he was taken literally the pick before us. We got Livio Jean Charles instead.

Ingles is very easy to dislike.

Lol if Jak had even 5% of contract year Rudy's aggressiveness we'd be good to go

can we freaky friday them or something

Poeltl literally let Joe Ingles statue of liberty layup in his face.

Mills attacking Gobert in the paint

Royce O’Neal just big brothered that contested rebound out of Purdles hands

How is Utah getting left open for 3 so easily? What the

In the 3 point era, you would think our 3 point defense would had been addressed.

Didn't this team have a practice yesterday? Did they just do jumping jacks? Practiced bending over and touching their toes for their opponents?

Does every god damn player just not miss against us

Utah is attempting 3s so effortlessly. Why can't spurs do the same

Bogdanovic has been *** all year so far (I would know I have him on my fantasy team) and sure enough he’s going off tonight

Rudy literally turned his back and ran away from Ingles who was shooting another open 3

Pretty wild how our former G-League coach is now outcoaching the coach of the Big Club.

Utah, especially Mitc , looking legit this year.

What an *** kicking. Game has basically been over since the 2nd quarter

The Spurs' plan is hoping the Jazz players' arms and legs get tired from shooting open 3s.

Lol Rudy.. Alley oop to Patty ain't gonna work over Gobert.

We are horrible on the pick and roll, just so so bad.

lol Rudy keeps shooting the 3 like he hasn't been shown his percentages

It'd be totally awesome if the jazz stopped hitting threes :|

On today’s edition of random role player going off against us we have Jordan Clarkson

Jesus Christ this team needs to learn to defend the freaking 3-pointer so many of these are open just like in the Laker games

Gobert plays dirty

All my homies hate Rudy gobert

He started the Panoramic

We just leave people wide open for 3 pt shots.. it hurts to watch

Poetl is the most scared finisher I absolutely hate it.

So typical bogdanovic was 0-4 from 3 both of last 2 games so now he scorches us

We desperately desperately DESPERATELY need some ****ing bigs. Jesus we can’t do **** against teams who’s best player are bigs.

On a bright note DJ probably won't go 1-13 again. He was active on defense and he'll probably be in the gym all day tomorrow

**** is funny at this point

Why are they so scared of Gobert? They played tougher defense on AD

At this point I'm not even convinced that Poeltl even can dunk

No one talking about how trash Patty has been this game too

The Jazz are trotting down the court and scoring like I go to the grocery store for food.

The Jazz looks like the first team the protagonists encounter in a sports shonen anime.

Glad that Larry Bird’s ghost has stopped possessing Joe Ingles for the time being

Mills shoot the ****ing 3 why drive against Gobert

They're literally shooting 55% from 3 as a TEAM

holy **** gobert is so ****ing long

This is actually a pretty even game baring the nuclear 3pt shooting from the Jazz

I was so optimistic today too

We have only attempted 11 threes, shooting 3/11. That's just unacceptable. Especially against a team helmed by Rudy Gobert.

They are shooting 57% from 3 with 15/27. Damn.

It's hilarious how good Keldon is

I'll say it again, if the Spurs make two consecutive layups I'll buy everyone a fiesta jersey lmao

I. Hate. Bogdanovic.

Let’s leave the dude shooting lights out wide open. Awesome

I really wanted Udoka Azubuike but he was gone well before the 2nd round.

The reason we are playing like **** is because trey lyles stepped on to the court

The jazz are just out here having fun right now :(

Hot Take, I think we should do a 3 team trade a second round pick for LeBron, AD, and Giannis. They’d be solid role players off the bench. Maybe throw in someone like Tre Jones or another future second round pick?

I'm sure Utah has a higher percentage on 3 point attempts compared to out lay up attempts, smh.

JC the only one not killing us from range. Go figure lol

We have an insane amount of point blank misses tonight

12 min left of pain

12 min left of pain

Try Agony sheesh this team is horrible

WTF was going on in this game?

Damn we kinda suck

Absolutely disgusting to see the Spurs getting blown out and not turning over the team to the future with all that talent. Serious, time to let the rookies and 2nd year players do their thing. Can't win with these veterans

It just keeps getting worse...

Another game with no perimeter defence

Y'all gave me hope on the first 2 games just to snatch it all away... at least Keldon is a beast

This is going to be a long season for the Spurs. Shots not falling for them. I can imagine the frustration. Knew the jazz would hit 100 by the end of the 3rd.

Mitchell hating with that side eye

Love my Spurs but that was like 4 steps. Lol

Can we please get a athletic big man!! Dedmon is still available!

I’m chill here, team don’t make 50% 3p with like 40 attempt every night.

We need about 4 more Johnsons and we would be unstoppable.

This dude Johnson is a one man show... It's like nobody else came to play

SWEPT on a 3 game homestand r u kidding me? WTF was that? HOW CAN NONE OF U HOME TEAMS WIN A GAME? IT SHOULD NOT BE THIS EASY FOR ROAD TEAMS TO WIN SO MUCH and have u teams get swept on homestands then go on the road and win thats unacceptable and should NOT BE HAPPENING AT ALL.. F U u buums

Why We Lost

Rudy Gobert

16 rebounds and 6 blocks. **** is demoralizing lol. He has a supermax for a reason.

Biggest reason is 3s (and overall efficiency - Utah seemed lightsout)

Utah shot 21/41 3s

We shot 6/19

We had 105 shots to their 89.

We only shot 44/105 to their 49/89.

They made 28/48 2s.

We made 38/86...

I thought it's bogdanovic making those 3s. Jazz were +45 in 3pt differential. That more than makes up for their high turnover. We were getting steals but when we dont get steals, they score at will

Wanna know why they were open? Its because there's a giant in the middle that uses demi magic.

I can't believe how many posters don't get this. They didn't shoot 3s in a bubble, they were open because multiple guys had to try to stop Gobert dunking every possession

Well that was horrible

Keldon Johnson is a good basketball player.

Trey Lyles is not.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

Man. Teams look like they don’t break a sweat against us. Their team was just running practice drills for 3s.

This game didn't happen

We absolutely won that game, there's no way we lost. Maybe the refs changed out the internal parts to the score board machine at half time

“I’m saying Adam, is that the scoreboards were removed quickly after the game is over. Have you heard of anyone changing parts in the machines? I’ve been told that we won by 30, and the people of San Antonio are angry of how you are treating this team.”

I'd love to chalk this one up to White and Aldridge being out combined with a team going supernova from 3, but there was some concerning body language and effort out there. It's not quite the "burn the tape" blowout you'd hope for. Oh well. Onto LA.

the jazz weren’t even that good bruh we were just extra **** #facts

Also unless your name is Keldon quit challenging Gobert in the paint. He will block your shot like he did last time you tried.

That sequence where Dejounte tried to iso drive to the rim against Gobert only to get blocked, recovered the ball, dribbled it out to 3, then got his 3 blocked by Gobert. That was painful to watch.

Not good, obviously. But when Utah has a near franchise record night, and shots aren’t falling for us, there’s only so much you can do even if our defense was better.

Jazz had 30+ each quarter, they couldn't miss...

Coming down with COVID so in my brain fog I assumed that we were up by 30 when I tuned in with 5 minutes left in the game. It wasn’t until the two-minute mark that I realized that we were losing. Not great lol

Guys were disinterest on defense. Countless time they couldn't pick their man and gave wide open 3's. Inexcusable effort both side of the court. Thank god it's finally over.

Yiiiikes that was an ugly one. Wtf happened out there...

I figured we’d sneak in as the seventh seed but as of right now, yes we are a lottery team with a really bad frontcourt

I love Poetl, but soft centers just aint it.

JazzAvenues certifies this as a total dick comment from a complete idiot with an excessive percentage of neanderthal genes: To even think with a WNBA coach coaching a mans game we have a chance at winning a championship is ludicrous, it seems the Spurs have sacrificed winning in place of making history instead.
Breaking the fourth wall? What exactly is happening here?

You're welcome, San Antonio. Best move the jazz ever made was getting rid of the bum!

It just goes to show - you can have the best development programs (Spurs & Jazz & Nuggets) and the best shooting coach in the business (Spurs) - and a world class athlete, top 5 high school player in the country, recruited to Kentucky, great wingspan, but if the player doesn't have the desire to improve.... If they don't have that chip on their shoulder and feel like they have something to prove and want to be the best at the next level - it's all for naught. You hate to see it.