What's new

Rajon Rondo available.

Beantown

Hoopshype is reporting the Celtics are interested in moving Rajon Rondo...

To me Rondo would be a perfect Jazz PG because he is a pass first type PG with great defense and is freaky fast.

Here would be the trade:

Jazz trade Devin Harris, Raja Bell and the #12 pick for Rajon Rondo.

Hopefully Memphis takes Kanter, look at this lineup:

Rondo/Watson
Hayward/CJ
Williams/Millsap
Favors/Millsap
Jefferson/Okur/Fess

That is one crazy friggin good starting lineup, and thats a trade I think Boston would take.

I really like Rondo despite his shortcomings and the trade is close to fair but it still leaves a lot to be desired if you're a Boston fan. Maybe not a lot. But something else. Maybe Miles would interest them more. Or a sign and trade of Fess (they need a legit big body) and Miles/Bell, Harris and #12. Even still, I wouldn't do it if I were them. It would take the GS pick I think.

If we actually get Williams, I kind of like this trade. I think with Rondo two great 3 point shooters are needed.

I'm interested. For sure. But, like KeK, I think you need to juice up your proposal a little bit.

No thanks but no.
He will be a very average PG after big three retired.

Any deal for Rondo would have to include the 3 pick. And you know what? I make that trade. Rondo is easily in the upper tier of PG's and you know what he is. He's a damn good player. The players in this draft, minus Derrick Williams in my opinion, are unknowns.

Draft Kanter. Do what you need to do with #12 to draft Biyombo. Then, if Boston loves Kanter, do the following.

Harris, Kanter, and Bell for Rondo and a future unprotected 2014 1st (or at least one with very little protection), their 1st this year and filler if needed. By 2013, I see Boston definitely having taken a step or two back and that 2014 could pay off big.

Rondo-Watson
Hayward-Miles
Millsap-Evans-Boston's 1st rounder
Jefferson
Favors-Biyombo

Or something like that. That core ten would be strong with a heavy emphasis on defense. A lot depends on how effectively Millsap can play the 3 and we'd likely have to sign a vet on the cheap who can play the 3 and hopefully shoot as Rondo can't but still. That said, I still wouldn't do it. Would Rondo be happy here and stay long-term? Is he that great without the core three and in another system?

No way the Celtics do this. What about Big Al for Rondo and filler? Then we draft Kanter. We would still need to move Harris though.

Hoopshype is reporting the Celtics are interested in moving Rajon Rondo...

To me Rondo would be a perfect Jazz PG because he is a pass first type PG with great defense and is freaky fast.

Here would be the trade:

Jazz trade Devin Harris, Raja Bell and the #12 pick for Rajon Rondo.

Hopefully Memphis takes Kanter, look at this lineup:

Rondo/Watson
Hayward/CJ
Williams/Millsap
Favors/Millsap
Jefferson/Okur/Fess

That is one crazy friggin good starting lineup, and thats a trade I think Boston would take.

I think the Celtics' asking price would be way higher than that though...

If you read the articles, they say Rondo is expendable for a high price in return. Harris and Bell are garbage in return. Bell isn't a bonus to this trade, he is just another old player and an extra 3 million dollars. Rondo > Harris.