What's new

Random musings on music

Here’s a random musing on music....

I’ve finally come up with an answer to the oft-asked question “Who is better The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?”

the answer: Velvet Underground

Hell, their best song is just a remake of an old song but adding rap to it.
I feel like you can know an unfortunate amount about someone if they like Aerosmith and/or Bon Jovi. They may be perfectly good people, of course.... but there’s very little chance that I could hang with them.

Here’s a random musing on music....

I’ve finally come up with an answer to the oft-asked question “Who is better The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?”

the answer: Velvet Underground
There was a brief period, around the time of their first album, where VU was simply the best rock & roll band out there. I loved one reviewer's description of Mo Tucker's drumming on "I'm Waiting for the Man," saying that you came into the song with that simplistic beat already going, and it sounded like it had been booming since the beginning of time and would keep going until the end. So goddamn good.

So when I was younger (15 or younger) I never liked hair metal. I think there was an association with bands like Aerosmith, even though they weren't really hair metal per se, but were in all those magazines, etc. I did like Janie's Got a Gun back when I was like 5, but for the longest time thought it was "Jamie," which is because my older brother (James) went by Jamie back then. Anyway, somehow in high school I discovered that I liked hair metal. At the time hair metal was basically taking anything played on KBER that wasn't grunge, and you had hair metal. I think one of the reasons I didn't like hair metal is because I associated it with Aerosmith, though I do admit I like this catchy commercialized song from this century that my wife hates:

Oh, and I rode the rollercoaster at Disneyworld and the music still sucks.

So when I was younger (15 or younger) I never liked hair metal. I think there was an association with bands like Aerosmith, even though they weren't really hair metal per se, but were in all those magazines, etc. I did like Janie's Got a Gun back when I was like 5, but for the longest time thought it was "Jamie," which is because my older brother (James) went by Jamie back then. Anyway, somehow in high school I discovered that I liked hair metal. At the time hair metal was basically taking anything played on KBER that wasn't grunge, and you had hair metal. I think one of the reasons I didn't like hair metal is because I associated it with Aerosmith, though I do admit I like this catchy commercialized song from this century that my wife hates:

Oh, and I rode the rollercoaster at Disneyworld and the music still sucks.

95% of hair metal sucks, but then, 95% of everything sucks.

But if you like that, you'll love these guys:

95% of hair metal sucks, but then, 95% of everything sucks.

But if you like that, you'll love these guys:

That sounds less like hair metal and more like Scandinavian metal.

And speaking of Scandinavian metal, this is my favorite band from the Scandinavian black metal scene.

Also, in the early 2000s I used to post on a metal forum. The subject came up of who the best black metal band was, and someone said Sevendust. It’s a funny comment that’s stuck with me all these years.

Scandinavian black metal?

Katatonia is a fantastic alt rock band in Scandinavian black metal clothing.
Watching their live videos while listening to the music is a bit surreal. They don’t seem like they should match up.
And I LOVE their music.

Scandinavian black metal?

Katatonia is a fantastic alt rock band in Scandinavian black metal clothing.
Watching their live videos while listening to the music is a bit surreal. They don’t seem like they should match up.
And I LOVE their music.
Not bad.

Some band like all songs of all type. Sometime you listen one song that is not type you listen because of band. I listen Porcupine Tree. Steven Wilson. Pink Floyd.

Cure I listen 1 song Friday I'm in love
Type O Negative I listen cover of Black Sabbath on Sabbath cover album.
Anathema good listen sometime. Not remember song. Progressive Rock channel is good listen song and band I had not listen earlier.
I listen Nightwish of Scandinavian metal sometime.
U2 same tune all songs. But good tune. Stay in head.
Aerosmith I listen 5 good songs. Same Rolling Stones. Beatles. Rush. Oasis. Radiohead. All knowing bands. Some good songs.

Some band like all songs of all type. Sometime you listen one song that is not type you listen because of band. I listen Porcupine Tree. Steven Wilson. Pink Floyd.

Cure I listen 1 song Friday I'm in love
Type O Negative I listen cover of Black Sabbath on Sabbath cover album.
Anathema good listen sometime. Not remember song. Progressive Rock channel is good listen song and band I had not listen earlier.
I listen Nightwish of Scandinavian metal sometime.
U2 same tune all songs. But good tune. Stay in head.
Aerosmith I listen 5 good songs. Same Rolling Stones. Beatles. Rush. Oasis. Radiohead. All knowing bands. Some good songs.
You just can't figure out what you're pretending to be, can you?

Blocked is what you are.