What's new

Raul Neto : new spectacular talent

Jody Genessy @DJJazzyJody 1h

Raul Neto is in Orlando awaiting FIBA clearance to be able to participate in summer league, according to a source. He's been observing Jazz.

Jody Genessy @DJJazzyJody 1h

If Raul Neto is cleared to play this week, that doesn't necessarily mean he'll be with the Jazz this upcoming season.
I thought they would stash him away overseas for a year or two. Maybe they want to see if they want to bring him over now to fill in the back PG spot?

I honestly thought this is what the plan was all along, him playing in the summer league to but then not likely being able to get his contract issues worked out this year so he would have to stay one more year in Spain.

Why he is not at the summer league. I want to see some of Neto´s Basketballskills, what abou you ?

Why he is not at the summer league. I want to see some of Neto´s Basketballskills, what abou you ?
He's at the games sitting at the end of the bench but not in uniform. Still working things out with FIBA to be able to play in the summer league games.

Competition isn't exactly a distraction...competition is a good thing.

I would also say you'll take your job more seriously if you know that somebody is gunning for your job. I'm sure Burke is very motivated, but it's not a bad thing to push him. C'mon Nickkkkkkkk, you're better than this.

Well I guess this now puts this "Should we bring over Neto to compete with Burke or not??" conundrum to rest....

From Lindsey's interview: 20/7/2013:

https://jazzfanatical.wordpress.com/

Could Raul Neto have helped the Jazz this season had he been able to join the team?

Oh, absolutely. Absolutely. And you know, it’s something that we’ve talked about.

But I think with where we’re at, with Trey and the rest, that, we’re, you know, it would’ve been hard to put, you know, Ty in the position to try to develop and play two point guards simultaneous. It would’ve been, it would’ve put, you know, him and the team in a couple of rough spots.