What's new

RE: the return of the NBA

i think they should shut down the season. People are talking about the economic loss the players will take but how much money can you make and spend if you are dead.

Look what is happening now, it has only been a couple of weeks and states were doing partial openings and now the infection rate is increasing. Until there is a vaccine it is not safe to be close to other people. Already sports that have opened up are experiencing infections. i can only imagine what happens if one player infects others and one of his teammates die. Who is liable for the death? Lawyers will be happy I guess.

Were all 4000 cases recorded in Disney World?

Why people believe that if a state has x the whole state has x in some equal proportion is a mystery. Crime works the same way. A large city can have a bad crime rate, but it doesn't tend to be evenly distributed across the city.

With levels of the virus like that in the community its only a matter of time before the players get infected.

i think they should shut down the season. People are talking about the economic loss the players will take but how much money can you make and spend if you are dead.

Look what is happening now, it has only been a couple of weeks and states were doing partial openings and now the infection rate is increasing. Until there is a vaccine it is not safe to be close to other people. Already sports that have opened up are experiencing infections. i can only imagine what happens if one player infects others and one of his teammates die. Who is liable for the death? Lawyers will be happy I guess.
I mean a bunch of dudes just found out they got it... the bubble is likely safer than the general public. I'm not sure any of the guys are symptomatic. Most of these guys are not staying home and those that have major concerns are welcome to do so.

The risk is really reasonable imo.

So with first wave Covid getting worse people still think this season is going ahead? Didnt Florida record 4000 new cases yesterday?

Florida has a population smaller than Australia and has 3100 deaths. We have just over 100. Methinks you have bigger problems than basketball .

but dem $$$$$

Been saying this since March - the NBA is a league that should still play. The entire league is 450 "active" players. We all know teams could probably go with even less. Throw in coaching and essential staff, and each team represents 25 people. Teams can share some medical personnel. Production staff is let's say 100-150 people.

Quarantine everybody for 2 weeks prior to getting to work. Find a location that accommodate the players/staff with the courts (Disney for now).

We really can't find a place for less than 1000 people? We are talking about a billion dollar industry. If a player wants to stay at home with his kids and forfeit millions, let him. This isn't rocket science. Next season, do it two months on, two week break, two week quarantine, two months on, etc.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

That’s a dumb thing to say, what you should’ve said was it will be even worse.

You can’t be as good as he is, playing in this league and not have some form of conditioning
I mean it could have been a joke based on his general appearance...

It is also true though... conditioning isn't his strength. This year he played himself into shape... it was well known. Look at his numbers first couple months versus middle of the season.

He will be fine... has lost a lot of weight during the break.

He looks like he's in the best shape of his life.
He did look skinny in photos... Definitely thinned out. Need to see him in the basketball jersey to get a direct comparison. Should help him a bunch as long as he maintained his strength.

Malcolm Brogdon also tested positive. I'm telling yall will be like 1 guy from every team.

Alex Len and Buddy shield tested positive as well... again go ahead and tell me the bubble is less safe than the community they live in right now.

Alex Len and Buddy shield tested positive as well... again go ahead and tell me the bubble is less safe than the community they live in right now.
It will be more safe. They are testing everyone and quarantining them ahead of getting there. Plus they will all quarantine to start with lots of testing. By the time play begins it will be very under control. It's not full proof but it's way better than not doing it.