RE: the return of the NBA

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
I think you are saying that because our 2 best players already had the covid but, and correct me if I'm wrong, hasn't it been verified that getting covid doesn't mean you are immune from getting it again? Like hasn't there been cases of people getting covid, getting rid of it, and getting it again?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
Only speculation. There were a couple people reported in China. For the most part, we assume some level of immunity. If this was at all within the realm of reasonable that we knew, and there were even a handful of people getting it again, it’d be plastered all across the news.

I suspect over time you will see scattered reports of this, however, as false positives are still a thing. With over 2.5 million (confirmed) cases, a not-insignificant amount of those will experience some kind of symptoms and go get tested again. With a plethora of tests and we don’t really know the true sensitivities and specificities, even if we assume a test is 98% specific (a really, really generously high number), then you’re going to have 2% of people testing positive who don’t have it.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
So 5.3% of the players tested positive for the Rona... If only someone could have predicted that...

What will the percentages be in the bubble... I think it will be almost 0% or they will have an outbreak and it will be 10%. I just find it hard to believe that the virus will get in and spread when they are doing daily testing and monitoring symptoms. I think it spreads in households like 20% of the time. Rudy or DM got it and only infected one other team member. Wood had it and I don't think any other Piston got it.

I think the playoff happens and if it is disrupted or doesn't work well it won't be related to the virus.

whatthe

Disney workers are not being tested. If the numbers getting sick get too high, a bubble would only slow it down slightly.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
Disney workers are not being tested. If the numbers getting sick get too high, a bubble would only slow it down slightly.
They will be masked and distanced. They will also be using temperature checks and such. The bubble will be much safer than the outside world... and we know these guys are out in the world.