Re-Tool Younger Trade Idea

jom2003

But hey, according to Cy, we are all idiots or nerds if we question Conley's role with the franchise.

Conley had one of the best offensive ratings in the history of the NBA playoffs yet we still declined the longer he played in the series. Goes to show that stats can be deceiving.
Because neither side played any D from G1-G6. Just look at the stats of Jazz players. Who haven't shot the ball well? But in G7 when it really matters, both teams competd on high defensive intensity and Conley choked big time, just like he did in all the career G7s in his career.
I've shown his stats(aka history of choking) in the playoffs before. The guy is just not that good... He had one good series versus the spurs but he was only good in like 1-2 games and was a complete nonfactor in rest of their losses. Gasol and Randolph were the ones carrying the team in the playoffs, not him.

Last edited:

LoPo

Because neither side played any D from G1-G6. Just look at the stats of Jazz players. Who haven't shot the ball well? But in G7 when it really matters, both teams competd on high defensive intensity and Conley choked big time, just like he did in all the career G7s in his career. I've shown his stats in the playoffs last year. The guy is just not that good... He had one good series versus the spurs but he was only good in like 1-2 games and was a complete nonfactor in rest of their losses. Gasol and Randolph were the ones carrying the team in the playoffs, not him.
I agree.

We need his salary to address defense way, way more than we need Conley to address our offense.

jom2003

I agree.

We need his salary to address defense way, way more than we need Conley to address our offense.
Oh, have I mentioned we actually have better offensive ratings with Conley off the court as well? I kinda mentioned it in another thread, the problem with our offense has never been the PG play, as quin's offense never rely on one single ball handler to organize the offense. DM+Ingles combo were able to work out offense in ways much more effective than Conley. DM at the point + Ingles as the point forward+multiple shooters has proven to the the solution to our offense all along.

One Brow

Conley’s expertise in the playoffs is never winning a single G7 in his career. And he did bring that to the Jazz, a team that happened to have never lost a single playoff G7 in the 21st century.
That may be one of the silliest and least relevant statics out there. If you make it to game 7, it's basically a 50/50 shot.

jom2003

That may be one of the silliest and least relevant statics out there. If you make it to game 7, it's basically a 50/50 shot.
well, every G7 is 50-50 but Conley is 0-4 in these G7s so 0.5*0.5*0.5*0.5=6.25% chance of losing it all, still pretty incredible. And his stats in these G7s are 2 for 13, 8 for 14, 2 for 13, and 7 for 19. combined for 19 of 59=32% shooting

One Brow

well, every G7 is 50-50 but Conley is 0-4 in these G7s so 0.5*0.5*0.5*0.5=6.25% chance of losing it all, still pretty incredible. And his stats in these G7s are 2 for 13, 8 for 14, 2 for 13, and 7 for 19. combined for 19 of 59=32% shooting
In this case, "still pretty incredible" is that same as "statistically insignificant by any standard in wide use". As for the shooting, it depends upon who he's facing, as well.