What's new

Real-time NBA Draft !!

Jody gennesy: "Jazz GM Dennis Lindsey said the organization tried hard but was unable to acquire a second first-round pick."

Oh, well in that case okay.

Should have tried harder. Still think the Jazz had the assets to work with if they'd have kicked some cash and future 2nd round picks into the deal. Give me #25 and #26. Jazz walk away with Furkan Korkmaz and Skal Labissiere. Plus getting Hill. That's a helluva draft.

Then I take those two and make them live at P3 in the summer and play for the SLC Stars. Their entire rookie season is entirely focused on their development. I'm happy with Bolomboy, but selling #42 instead of taking Zhou Qi was a short-sighted move IMO.

Should have tried harder. Still think the Jazz had the assets to work with if they'd have kicked some cash and future 2nd round picks into the deal. Give me #25 and #26. Jazz walk away with Furkan Korkmaz and Skal Labissiere. Plus getting Hill. That's a helluva draft.

Then I take those two and make them live at P3 in the summer and play for the SLC Stars. Their entire rookie season is entirely focused on their development. I'm happy with Bolomboy, but selling #42 instead of taking Zhou Qi was a short-sighted move IMO.
This was a weak draft. I'm not sure it's worth giving up too much to trade back into the first round. Definitely not worth giving up our 4 1st round picks in the next two drafts. I also doubt teams wanted Burke or multiple second round picks for their first. What else would you give up? Also I don't think this team wants too many rookies this year, particularly 1st round picks that have a guaranteed contact unless they came for cheap. The only strength of this draft for teams is that the FA this year is going to be crazy and teams want players on cheap contacts to fill rosters that's why 1st round picks weren't sold because they are worth too much money wise.

The 76ers appreciate international players...now they have Saric, Embiid, Simmons, Korkmaz and Luwawu. Interesting core!

Love the Bolomboy pick. I'd be stunned if he didn't make the team.

Hill-Exum
Hood-Burks
Hayward
Favors-Lyles-Bolomboy
Gobert

These nine should def make the team. Ingles too imo for the intangibles and shooting he brings. IMO, Withey was too solid last year not to make this team. So that would be 11.

Pleiss, Burke, and Mack or Neto need to be traded asap.

Hood isn't good enough to be our starter. He can be, but if we can upgrade him, we should and will. He's an average NBA player. That's it.

You often have some good points but you are dead wrong here. You have been since you first said this and it hasn't changed. Terribly wrong.

Now I want to bring in a wing as well but a back up SF. Hood is fantastic and you sell him way, way to short.

Overall it was a pretty meh draft but I am excited for Thon Maker and the Bucks. Milwaukee sure have the big b@lls to pull off another surprise just like they did with Giannas.
It wasn't ballsy, Kidd forced it because they share an agent.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

But not because he's the coach and thinks it might help them be a better team.
Look at the track record, I'm not making it up. They were going to draft Bobby Portis last year but Kidd forced them to take Vaughan, who shares an agent with Kidd. He is going to bust.

Look at the track record, I'm not making it up. They were going to draft Bobby Portis last year but Kidd forced them to take Vaughan, who shares an agent with Kidd. He is going to bust.

So Kidd is the only coach in the league who cares about who he shares an agent with over winning (keeping his job) and is willing to give ownership and the rest of the FO the finger to accomplish his purposes? Got it.

I srsly hope you are trolling..

You know Krhis Middleton actually signed for less than the max when he could have easily gotten maxed? Why? Because Jeff Schwartz is his agent. He probably called in a favor to Kidd for him to draft Maker high because he was falling.

You know Krhis Middleton actually signed for less than the max when he could have easily gotten maxed? Why? Because Jeff Schwartz is his agent. He probably called in a favor to Kidd for him to draft Maker high because he was falling.

Okay.

People were freaking out about Jazz trading down in the second round, not even fully giving up a pick. You can cherry pick a few players that worked out, but all I said that the success rate of second rounders is low. Yes, over the years the Jazz have had about a dozen guys from the second round contribute. In the last 30 years, they have had 5 or 6 good picks, which is probably a much better success rate than average.

I never said that second rounders won't be good, I said the success rate is really low. Getting money to move down 13 picks really isn't a big deal. Chances are Jazz may have picked the same 3 guys anyway.

It was more like goddammit Jazz draft already, It as has been like ages kind of bitching than freaking out.

You often have some good points but you are dead wrong here. You have been since you first said this and it hasn't changed. Terribly wrong.

Now I want to bring in a wing as well but a back up SF. Hood is fantastic and you sell him way, way to short.

It's ok. Here at Jazzfanz we fall in love with our mediocre wings. I said it about Brewer. I was told how wrong I was. I said Burks was nothing more than a good sixth man. I was told I was wrong.

Hood is good enough to start. BUT, he's a player that if you can upgrade you should. He's an average starter. He won't lead you anywhere. He's a role player. If you can upgrade that, you do it. Hood is a 20-25 mins a night guy.

Aren't Hayward and Hood our starting wings?

Plus when we re-sign Hill and Exum is ready, Hill is also a starting SG material.

Then there's Burks also.

IMO there's plenty of wings...
I'm with ya one love

It's ok. Here at Jazzfanz we fall in love with our mediocre wings. I said it about Brewer. I was told how wrong I was. I said Burks was nothing more than a good sixth man. I was told I was wrong.

Hood is good enough to start. BUT, he's a player that if you can upgrade you should. He's an average starter. He won't lead you anywhere. He's a role player. If you can upgrade that, you do it. Hood is a 20-25 mins a night guy.

I agree with that, did back then and so did several others. Let's not act like you were alone.

As for Hood, I'm not saying he is a #1 option but you sell him short. Thankfully he is young and will prove which one of us is right.

As for improving the roster. If you can upgrade any position on the team you should. That goes for every sports team at every position. I just think he should not be the area of greatest focus for this team.

Edit: I should say I see Burks as a 6th man due to his slashing ability and the team make up. Not that he is not capable of starting. Just that on this team he helps us most as the 6th man.

Last edited: