What's new

RealGM reports Jazz interested in Trading for John Collins

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
I'm thinking you are talking about Bey?

Personally not a big fan and he will need to be paid. I'd take him on the cheap but believe the Jazz can find better options in the next draft.
Yeah Bey. Haven’t watched a ton… big wing who got off to a fast start and has leveled off. Not worried too much about paying guys in a year or two. Good players cost money sometimes. If the price was a Cavs 2025 pick and say we get to dump Gay… that’s the range I think that might work for both sides.

Jingled

2019 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
According to Jake Fischer, the Hawks offered the Jazz a Collins for Markkanen swap, and the Jazz thankfully weren't interested. They want to keep Markkanen and Clarkson. Fischer says the Jazz's interest in Collins is real but he thinks the likelihood of them actually landing him is low. He also says the Jazz are unsurprisingly trying to move Gay.

Last edited:

mdalby

According to Jake Fischer, the Hawks offered the Jazz a Collins for Markkanen swap, and the Jazz thankfully weren't interested. They want to keep Markkanen and Clarkson. Fischer says the Jazz's interest in Collins is real but he thinks the likelihood of them actually landing him is low. He also says the Jazz are unsurprisingly trying to move Gay.

If this is true, then it is clear that the Hawks still have unrealistic expectations on Collin's value and return they can get on a trade. This isn't going to happen.

HermanG

Someone at Hawksquawk posted last Sunday (way before todays intel):
"From my source from last week: only trade talk that they would confirm is Lauri plus two picks owed from Minnesota for JC. It would replace the firsts we lost in the DJM trade. Source said this deal would give us a straight up stretch four that shoots better than JC but admitted it would be a definite step down on defense."

The others in the board took that seriously, so seems like a credible poster.

If that is really what Hawks asked... I cannot fathom how anyone can trade with that FO if thats their starting point.

Jingled

2019 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
"From my source from last week: only trade talk that they would confirm is Lauri plus two picks owed from Minnesota for JC. It would replace the firsts we lost in the DJM trade. Source said this deal would give us a straight up stretch four that shoots better than JC but admitted it would be a definite step down on defense."

If that is really what Hawks asked... I cannot fathom how anyone can trade with that FO if thats their starting point.

Lauri and two firsts for John Collins??? LMFAO. Lauri this season is averaging 22.5 and 8.5 on 54% shooting and 36% from 3. Collins is averaging 12.5 and 7.5 on 50% shooting and 27% from 3.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner

Big Mike is a Hawks fan now?!?!?

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner

Look... here is the deal. Hawks are getting more and more desperate as the big tax bill approaches next year. There have been like 4-5 articles from different rumor mills on JC. Its all coming from them. So yeah anchor his value to Lauri and others if you are eventually selling.

If a deal happens it will likely involve a combo Beasley/Gay and Vando. Hawks can either get expiring contracts from contributors or sell him off for a worse player with a similarly onerous contract and get some draft comp in the process. I can see them selling low at the deadline as it will get harder to offload him just for pure cap space this summer. They have 160M committed to 11 guys next year... the following year they need to extend Okongwu and Murray... they need to offload Collins to balance the books... they won't get the premium they want. I could see SA, Indiana, offering up the flexibility they want but only sending back like Josh Richardson and maybe seconds.

HermanG

I read the discussion further and he claimed we offered that for JC? Im questioning this guys sources lmao.

Edit:
Or then they are trying to kill JC chatter since they dont want to trade him and people assume he might be available.

Last edited: