What's new

Reality Bites: 52% Chance Jazz Pick 5th or Worse

Yes he is restricted. Boston (or any other team) could just sign him for more than we want to pay. For a big market team willing to wade into taxes for a championship team they might. Hayward is a perfect player to place around a superstar, he makes those around him.

If you had money to spare what would you pay Hayward to place him around Lebron/Melo/Durant...

Not max. Above average white players are always over valued for whatever reason. I seriously believe 11M is far too much. Real value probably at 9 per. Big markets miiight go 12 per.

Guess what? The Bucks have the worst record in the league and only a 25% chance of getting #1 (where they actually finished and in many ways deserve). In fact, they have a better chance at landing #3/#4 (53.5%) vs. #1/#2 (46.5%).

Doesn't matter where you finish, you have to play the odds. Suck it up, buttercup.

OK. I am uninfomred on trade scenarios and all that go into them. how would Boston trade for hayward though. They would have to convince Utah to do a sign and trade right?

The big key to all of this, is that Boston has a back deal handshake for Carmello/LeBron. Without that, they don't do anything. I think Carmello is more likely. Also, Utah would have to decide that they value Embiid/Randle/whoever is available at Boston's pick more than overpaying Hayward. Kanter, in my opinion, is another Al or Boozer. I like him, but if I can move him for something better, I do it.

So, if Boston knows they have Carmello and Rondo, they need pieces around those two. Ainge likes to build with known quantities and not unknown (he is probably the smartest GM out there. He sent Big Al, Ratliff, Telfair, and Gomes to Minn for Garnett. He also sent Sczerbiak, Green and West to Seattle for Allen). This speeds up the rebuild and you know what you are getting. The potential for "busts" drops.

Hayward and Kanter both fit around Carmello and Rondo very nicely. Both can play P&R, both don't need the ball, Hayward is a decent defender, and all Boston would then need would be a defensive C.

The big key for Boston would be getting rid of bad contracts. Their starting five would look like this:

Rondo ($13,000,000)
Hayward ($11,000,000)
Carmello ($23,000,000)
Kanter ($6,000,000)
Sullinger ($1,400,000)

That is $54,000,000 for your starting five. They would also keep Brandon Bass, Avery Bradley, Olynyk, ($13,000,000) which would put them at $67,000,000. That is a little over the cap, but they would still have some exceptions to bring in some more vets. It's a tight fit, but Ainge has done it before. I think that team is immediately top 3, and if LeBron decides to stay and Wade doesn't come back or Bosh leaves, who knows, Boston could win it all.

What would have to happen on Utah's side of things, would be they would have to take back salary (Green and Wallace). That means the trade would look like this:

Green ($9,200,000), Wallace (10,100,000) and Boston's #1 for Hayward ($11,000,000), Kanter ($6,000,000). Boston would still have picks in this draft as well.

Utah would take on 19,000,000, but would get two top 10 picks, and would still only be at $58,000,000-ish with this team:

Burke
Burks
Draft Pick
Draft Pick
Favors

Green
Wallace
Evans
Lucas
Gobert
Garret
Thomas
Clark

That's 13 players right there. They could then make some decisions on how to proceed with their mid-level exception, vet mins, DL guys, etc. They could easily decide to go young one more year, and go with the above team giving the young guys lots of minutes and losing a lot of games again, adding another top 5 pick to that team, or they could decide to cut loose a lot of the scrubs and add another vet or two and have this be our core.

The big key to all of this, is that Boston has a back deal handshake for Carmello/LeBron. Without that, they don't do anything. I think Carmello is more likely. Also, Utah would have to decide that they value Embiid/Randle/whoever is available at Boston's pick more than overpaying Hayward. Kanter, in my opinion, is another Al or Boozer. I like him, but if I can move him for something better, I do it.

So, if Boston knows they have Carmello and Rondo, they need pieces around those two. Ainge likes to build with known quantities and not unknown (he is probably the smartest GM out there. He sent Big Al, Ratliff, Telfair, and Gomes to Minn for Garnett. He also sent Sczerbiak, Green and West to Seattle for Allen). This speeds up the rebuild and you know what you are getting. The potential for "busts" drops.

Hayward and Kanter both fit around Carmello and Rondo very nicely. Both can play P&R, both don't need the ball, Hayward is a decent defender, and all Boston would then need would be a defensive C.

The big key for Boston would be getting rid of bad contracts. Their starting five would look like this:

Rondo ($13,000,000)
Hayward ($11,000,000)
Carmello ($23,000,000)
Kanter ($6,000,000)
Sullinger ($1,400,000)

That is $54,000,000 for your starting five. They would also keep Brandon Bass, Avery Bradley, Olynyk, ($13,000,000) which would put them at $67,000,000. That is a little over the cap, but they would still have some exceptions to bring in some more vets. It's a tight fit, but Ainge has done it before. I think that team is immediately top 3, and if LeBron decides to stay and Wade doesn't come back or Bosh leaves, who knows, Boston could win it all.

What would have to happen on Utah's side of things, would be they would have to take back salary (Green and Wallace). That means the trade would look like this:

Green ($9,200,000), Wallace (10,100,000) and Boston's #1 for Hayward ($11,000,000), Kanter ($6,000,000). Boston would still have picks in this draft as well.

Utah would take on 19,000,000, but would get two top 10 picks, and would still only be at $58,000,000-ish with this team:

Burke
Burks
Draft Pick
Draft Pick
Favors

Green
Wallace
Evans
Lucas
Gobert
Garret
Thomas
Clark

That's 13 players right there. They could then make some decisions on how to proceed with their mid-level exception, vet mins, DL guys, etc. They could easily decide to go young one more year, and go with the above team giving the young guys lots of minutes and losing a lot of games again, adding another top 5 pick to that team, or they could decide to cut loose a lot of the scrubs and add another vet or two and have this be our core.

You are spending a lot of time fantasizing about one of the most complicated scenarios ever. Not saying Hayward does not go to boston, but this one of the greatest fairy tales ever told.

You are spending a lot of time fantasizing about one of the most complicated scenarios ever. Not saying Hayward does not go to boston, but this one of the greatest fairy tales ever told.

Yup. I gots ta do sumfin all day long. It's the offseason. Dream big, brother, dream big.

More big time dreaming (post started at 11:33 am):

We get Wiggins with our pick, Randle with Boston's pick. Our starting five is this:

Burke
Burks
Wiggins
Randle
Favors

Our bench is Neto, Green, Wallace, Hinrich, Gobert, Kyle Anderson.

Hinrich/Neto
Anderson/Hinrich
Green
Wallace/Evans
Gobert

Randle wins rookie of the year. In two years, Randle and Wiggins make the All-Star game and Utah ends up the #2 seed, takes down fricking San Antonio as Duncan FINALLY starts to age to go the Finals. We then become the Jordan to Indiana's Utah Jazz makeup and beat Indy two times in a row, including Wiggins pushing off Stephenson to hit a game winner.

We then win 4 titles in a row, Longabardi is being mentioned as the next Phil Jackson, and we all like each other on this site, and whine about how we should make stupid trades for stupid young players that involve Randle.
End post (11:37 am)

No way he walks for nothing.

paul_millsap_asik_trade.jpg

almost a 40 % chance to get one of our coveted studs? and this is a bad thing?

the glass is almost half FULL!

You can't be this stupid.

Why is this the go-to response on this site? I know I've been guilty of it before, but it sort of drives me crazy. If you don't like a post, great, but say way without the insults.

Fair warning, I'm going to neg rep these types of posts in the future. They do nothing for the site.

Sorry to call you out, but I just noticed your post. ;)

Why is this the go-to response on this site? I know I've been guilty of it before, but it sort of drives me crazy. If you don't like a post, great, but say way without the insults.

Fair warning, I'm going to neg rep these types of posts in the future. They do nothing for the site.

Sorry to call you out, but I just noticed your post. ;)
+1
attack the post, not the poster!
and language pls, mother****ers!