What's new

Rebrand announcement coming next week

Maybe I'm reading too much into this...but does anyone else think this likely means JC is pretty safe? I'm not sure I see them putting these videos out showing his reaction to the rebrand and then trading him a week or two later.

View: https://twitter.com/utahjazz/status/1537480339416752128

Im cool with it. Have been a fan of JC since we got him. He was irritating me at the beginning if last season, and I did want him traded, but his love for the Jazz has made me respect him a lot. He's also a great locker room guy to have. I hope he retires here tbh.

Just get that three pointer down, and stop chucking up shots!

Im cool with it. Have been a fan of JC since we got him. He was irritating me at the beginning if last season, and I did want him traded, but his love for the Jazz has made me respect him a lot. He's also a great locker room guy to have. I hope he retires here tbh.

Just get that three pointer down, and stop chucking up shots!

I'm fine with keeping him. I think they should at least be shopping him though, seeing what kind of value he has and what the market for him is. They should be doing that with pretty much every player on the roster at this point.

I'm fine with keeping him. I think they should at least be shopping him though, seeing what kind of value he has and what the market for him is. They should be doing that with pretty much every player on the roster at this point.
I don't think it means he isn't being shopped but likely not the first one on the list. Ainge gives zero effs... traded IT after using him to recruit... him ruining his career playing hurt... and him being a hero for playing through tragedy.... Jae was also in the hospital with his dying mother.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this...but does anyone else think this likely means JC is pretty safe? I'm not sure I see them putting these videos out showing his reaction to the rebrand and then trading him a week or two later.

View: https://twitter.com/utahjazz/status/1537480339416752128

It probably means a combination of things:

1. The PR team is trying to read the tea leaves and plan PR material accordingly. They likely aren’t told anything, but there may be some small whispers that had them trying to pick up clues on how they respond, just from their proximity to the franchise.

2. They need someone who’s in Utah. Most other guys aren’t.

3. They need someone affable who’s not just available but agreeable and happy to participate.

4. He’s a very neutral person to do this, without any drama attached to him.

It probably means a combination of things:

1. The PR team is trying to read the tea leaves and plan PR material accordingly. They likely aren’t told anything, but there may be some small whispers that had them trying to pick up clues on how they respond, just from their proximity to the franchise.

2. They need someone who’s in Utah. Most other guys aren’t.

3. They need someone affable who’s not just available but agreeable and happy to participate.

4. He’s a very neutral person to do this, without any drama attached to him.
Of all the guys on the team I think he would be the best hang... so there is that too. And the ladies love him fo sho.

I don't think it means he isn't being shopped but likely not the first one on the list. Ainge gives zero effs... traded IT after using him to recruit... him ruining his career playing hurt... and him being a hero for playing through tragedy.... Jae was also in the hospital with his dying mother.

Thats a really good point. Danny is absolutely ruthless.