What's new

Remember This Guy?

homeytennis

In Euroleague action, 7’3” 256 lb 32 year old German center Tibor Pleiss led Anadolu Efes Istanbul to a 75-70 win over AX Armani Exchange Milan. In 33 minutes he had 25 points, hitting 5-6 from two – 3-3 from three – 6-6 from the line, 6 rebounds, and 2 steals with a GAME RATING of 37.

What I remember is when the word “haul” came into getting more usage, and DL being interviewed in-game by Boler and Harpring right after the trade, saying that Enes was obviously talented, evidence by “the haul” we got in return for him. What did we get in return? We got Tibor, Kendrick Perkins’ contract, a second round pick that we later packaged to get Tony Bradley, and a Minnesota first rounder that we later traded for Rubio. Depends on the angle as to whether or not that trade was good. I believe the idea that has prevailed is that we changed our defense overnight and it opened the door for the arrival of Rudy Gobert. On the other hand, there were at least two teams willing to max Enes less than four months later.

Also the hype on Tibor was ridiculous. He was backing up Tomic at the time.

What I remember is when the word “haul” came into getting more usage, and DL being interviewed in-game by Boler and Harpring right after the trade, saying that Enes was obviously talented, evidence by “the haul” we got in return for him. What did we get in return? We got Tibor, Kendrick Perkins’ contract, a second round pick that we later packaged to get Tony Bradley, and a Minnesota first rounder that we later traded for Rubio. Depends on the angle as to whether or not that trade was good. I believe the idea that has prevailed is that we changed our defense overnight and it opened the door for the arrival of Rudy Gobert. On the other hand, there were at least two teams willing to max Enes less than four months later.

Also the hype on Tibor was ridiculous. He was backing up Tomic at the time.
We also got Grant Jarret in the deal who was waived the next year. I saw Pleiss play some games with the Idaho Stampede when the Jazz had his rights and was not impressed. He was playing behind the legendary Jeff Withey at the time.