What's new

Report: Dame plans to request a trade in coming days

Small markets should also be held accountable. If you have a star like Dame, time to really push to make your team a title contender. The Jazz cannot bitch if Mitchell follows Dame’s example in the next few years. Our last several draft picks and free agent signings have been real head

Can you expound? I mean, this isn’t MLB with profit sharing.

Small markets should also be held accountable. If you have a star like Dame, time to really push to make your team a title contender. The Jazz cannot bitch if Mitchell follows Dame’s example in the next few years. Our last several draft picks and free agent signings have been real head scratchers
This kind of sentiment is so stupid. Teams aren't trying to lose. The hurdles are just far greater in a lot of places. A small market can be exceptionally well ran and never win a title. The Lakers can put together a mess (like they did) and still luck into Lebron and AD. A star has to be very committed for you as a small market to make the moves necessary to possibly get to the mountain top. A small market team can't bury it's draft picks and ruin it's entire future off the hope a star stays. Can the Jazz win a title with Donovan? Yes I think they can. Can they if he's impatient or the feeling is he has a foot out the door? No they won't. Portland made a lot of wrong moves, and a lot of moves at Dames discretion. This nonsense that players aren't held accountable when they have such sway on decision making and they want so much sway is asinine. The Jazz will be built based off Donovans wants over the next few years, and his input will be taken into account. Star players are for the most part always part of this at this point. A lot of small markets all exceptionally well run compared to the places the stars run to. Milwaukee buried it's asset stash to try and help Giannis, very much in part because I'm sure they knew Giannis was that committed and they had to do it. In the Jazz case, no, I am not trading my 2025-26-27 first round picks when Donovan is likely gone at that point and those picks are that much more valuable.