What's new

Report - Simmons Won't Report

So remember when Simmons and Mitchell were inextricably linked and it was a foregone conclusion across the league that Simmons is the better player to have? Where does that stand now?
Well, Mitchell cannot claim being in the running for ROY for the third time, so there is that.

So now Ben either has mental health issues or is hiding behind that veil to continue getting paid for not showing up. TBH I'd probably have anxiety if I thought I had to show up in that arena too. Sixers are trying to call his bluff and have resumed fining him. I would not be the guy that ever questions someone on the mental health issue... but he did start saying he was having back issues and then moved to mental health.

Strange situation and I wonder if both sides have dug in too far to get a good resolution. His value is only going to decline and they are waiting for a team to get desperate but they are wasting another year of Embiid and he has a limited shelf life.

"Simmons has become besieged with fear and trembling. Unfortified, he is a shadow of a man, much like the images of those in Plato's cave, fearful to hold or throw basketballs at the net-draped hoop. Banishment! The Sixers must banish this vile and cowardly non-playing individual. Take away pence and pound, and he shall suffer."

Sixers need to get rid of him ASAP
Take whatever best offer is and be done with him
Let him be some other teams problem

Now Simmons says the sixers are forcing him to play… their pressure is making it worse for him. This is kinda crazy. They trying to call his bluff on the mental health issue. Is he milking it? Are you even allowed to question this type of stuff? I feel the sixers are going to overplay their hand. Just trade him for what you can get… this ******** ain’t increasing his value.

Now Simmons says the sixers are forcing him to play… their pressure is making it worse for him. This is kinda crazy. They trying to call his bluff on the mental health issue. Is he milking it? Are you even allowed to question this type of stuff? I feel the sixers are going to overplay their hand. Just trade him for what you can get… this ******** ain’t increasing his value.
Yeah, this **** is officially ****ed up all over.

Yeah, this **** is officially ****ed up all over.
If I’m an interested team I’m sitting there going… you either have a dude with a sensitive mental health issue or a guy who is such an inconsiderate prick that he is getting paid to not play and using mental health as a shield… either way my offer is going to come down.

If I’m an interested team I’m sitting there going… you either have a dude with a sensitive mental health issue or a guy who is such an inconsiderate prick that he is getting paid to not play and using mental health as a shield… either way my offer is going to come down.
Philly doesn’t care. They have Niang.

1636681358690.jpeg

Im not trying to sound like a casual fan here, but as the season goes on, Donovan Mitchell and Ben Simmons on the same team would be absolutely bonkers.

The guy is a head case. He was one in college and he is in the NBA. Scouts said he was the next Lebron and it got to his head. Huge ego! I want nothing to do with that Aussie no shooting prima donna.

Im not trying to sound like a casual fan here, but as the season goes on, Donovan Mitchell and Ben Simmons on the same team would be absolutely bonkers.
Yes, bonkers like the series "Shameless." I'm going to take big fat pass on that.

I'd stop being a Jazzfan immediately if the Jazz picked up Simmons. First, because it wouldn't work and would turn this team into a damn joke. Second, because Simmons is the biggest douchebag in the NBA.

Yes, bonkers like the series "Shameless." I'm going to take big fat pass on that.

I'd stop being a Jazzfan immediately if the Jazz picked up Simmons. First, because it wouldn't work and would turn this team into a damn joke. Second, because Simmons is the biggest douchebag in the NBA.
He is either lying about his mental health to get paid… or he’s mentally fragile and unable to play basketball right now… either way I’m out. It would be absolutely deplorable if he’s lying and there is reason to believe he is lying. His excuses started with his back and everyone thought he was faking then it went to his mental health.