What's new

Resign Watson

• Thread starter Deleted member 848
  • Start date
....Watson and Price shouldn't even be in the NBA. Neither of them can hit a jump shot from 15 feet in an empty gym.

....Watson and Price shouldn't even be in the NBA. Neither of them can hit a jump shot from 15 feet in an empty gym.

And you shouldnt be allowed to post on message boards either. You bring the average board IQ down by 10 pts every single time you appear

Watson brings so much more to the table than Maynor that it's hilarious. Their PER's are practically identical, but there's more to the game than individual production.

Watson brings so much more to the table than Maynor that it's hilarious. Their PER's are practically identical, but there's more to the game than individual production.

Yes, and they both have the same amount of experience in the league as well. A valid comparison.

Agree. Watson pushes the tempo more than Maynor (even at VCU Maynor was more of a halfcourt player) which is important because the 2nd-unit often struggles to execute alot of ours sets. Watson's just a scrappy player - hard double-teams and goes after rebounds. He's what I call a gnat - just a little pest to play against but at the end of the day he does the little things that helps his team win.

Put alot of talent around both players and I'd probably take Maynor, but with this team Watson's a better fit. Utah's best backup PG since Howard Eisley.

Yes, and they both have the same amount of experience in the league as well. A valid comparison.

Their difference doesn't stem from experience. Maynor is an insanely poised player. In fact, I would say Watson plays younger than Maynor does. Busting your *** on every possession and making it pay dividends isn't something you learn late in your career.

As I've said before, Watson will be out of the league before Maynor will, and that's significant. That's the only reason I'd choose Maynor over Watson.

Their difference doesn't stem from experience. Maynor is an insanely poised player. In fact, I would say Watson plays younger than Maynor does. Busting your *** on every possession and making it pay dividends isn't something you learn late in your career.

As I've said before, Watson will be out of the league before Maynor will, and that's significant. That's the only reason I'd choose Maynor over Watson.

Nah. I think Maynor will very soon become the type of player Watty is now. And younger to boot. But Maynor is out of our sights after what we did to him, so yeah, sign Watty for a three year deal. Pining after Maynor is a fruitless endeavor. Those two guys though: similar, scrappy, great players both.

I was disappointed when we let Gaines go and someone negative repped me for saying so a few months ago. Obviously, I had not seen enough of Watson's play and did not know what a great fit he would be for the Jazz. I am happy to have been wrong.

Watson is the best backup point we've ever had, imo.

Also wanted to say that I'm pleased that Deron could admit he'd learned something from watching Watson on the sidelines. That's class, folks.

Soooo 2 months later;

Where do we now stand, after nearly a season of seeing Earl?? Some people like Log stated signing for another 4 years, do we just ignore him and try to draft a pg prospect?? Do we sign him again regardless? Obviously he hasnt played suprberly as a starter lately but that wont be his duty next year (hopefully).

If BPA is a Point Guard, than Watson definitely won't return. I don't think he'll be back regardless, and it'll be him not choosing the Jazz rather than the Jazz not choosing him.

If BPA is a Point Guard, than Watson definitely won't return. I don't think he'll be back regardless, and it'll be him not choosing the Jazz rather than the Jazz not choosing him.

Good point, lemme re-word it then; do we try to go after him if we dont draft a pg??

It would be foolish not to go after him if we don't draft a point guard. I'd still offer him the 3rd pg position, although I doubt he'd resign to only play 5 minutes a game for his last year or two in the league. When he has had a good year like he has, some team looking to make a push will pick him up for more than we will pay.

Soo seeing as its highly likely watson wont choose to sign with us again, what other backup PGs should we look at?

Soo seeing as its highly likely watson wont choose to sign with us again, what other backup PGs should we look at?

Brandon Knight or Kemba Walker if either is available with the #12 pick, or Irving if the Jazz get top 3 and D. Williams is gone.

He "sucks" at defense? what sucks is your observation.

Watson is the best PG we have had as backup in a long time.

Good luck trying to find a bettter PG

As your backup PG on the roster, almost getting a triple double and comfortably being the best player on the floor? Have you seen the kind of **** we've been churning out at the backup PG? You are on some serious drugs.

Delete your account.

fourth'd. a near trip dub with no turn overs in 40+ mins from a min paid bench player and people aren't satisfied.... oh what a world

Fifthed.

Watson is easily the best backup this team has had since Eisley 1 (including Maynor).

I don't think an extension can be done on a 1-year deal and the Jazz would have equal competition from every team since they have no agency rights and he has no Bird Rights. Hopefully this isn't his only season here but I'm bracing for that.

I haven't noticed champzz posting after you guys bullied him for making what turned out to be an excellent observation.