What's new

Rest Easy, The Jazz Will Be Awful

Yes, trading Pat Bev for THT is equivalent to using a late 1st on a center over a need.
Its not... I agree... but it was lol'd at with the similar fact pattern.

"Can't believe you nerds think this late first matters!"

"Can't believe yall think using $10M in cap space on a bad project matters... yall are dumb just let it play out"

"Can't believe yall think using $10M in cap space on a bad project matters... yall are dumb just let it play out"
Heavy heavy eye roll.

We really dont know what the Jazz plan is, (and I doubt they have a static plan, I'm sure it's all very fluid to some extent). Like I've said, they may want the mid-sized contracts on the team next year (see the KO trade as well, which has the flexibility of going to mid-sized contracts on the books or waiving route). What we do have a good idea of is that KO is a DA guy, and THT has the profile of the DA guard (he seems to like physical/tough guards).

Either way, I dont think the THT trade is in any way blocking us from any plan of action. There is only upside IMO and the downside is minimal. He's a perfect player to tank with. He needs good coaching and development, and his physical talent level is high.

The difference between the first preseason game versus the second game was the part that alarmed me. Ball movement, defensive deflections, passing and too many minutes to vets with too little minutes to rookies. I saw buy in from the players to what Hardy is looking for. Looking back to the 2003/2004 season, it’s easy to see a team can overachieve when given players that buy in to the coaches game plan. The front office is going to have to make some moves. Otherwise I could see us winning 35 to 37 games. I’d prefer to be around 17 to 20. Mike Conley is the first step. As it stands right now, he offers stability and discipline. Parting with him will help a lot.

When we then turn around and do a money saving deal with Bogey afterwards it’s even worse.

Heavy heavy eye roll.

We really dont know what the Jazz plan is, (and I doubt they have a static plan, I'm sure it's all very fluid to some extent). Like I've said, they may want the mid-sized contracts on the team next year (see the KO trade as well, which has the flexibility of going to mid-sized contracts on the books or waiving route). What we do have a good idea of is that KO is a DA guy, and THT has the profile of the DA guard (he seems to like physical/tough guards).

Either way, I dont think the THT trade is in any way blocking us from any plan of action. There is only upside IMO and the downside is minimal. He's a perfect player to tank with. He needs good coaching and development, and his physical talent level is high.
You don't know what the plan with Doke is. He will come in and be a backup day 1. He was a 4 year senior. Its a smart move because Bane and McDaniels wouldn't even play.

How so when the salaries are within 388K of each other, we gained an extra player and THT is going to opt in next year?

Quite the opposite.
In the same way you trade your car with one year left on the loan for a new car with 3 years left on the loan but the payment is $15 lower.

Dumb argument! Dumb Counter Point! Irrelevant statement! Name Call! Revisit dumb argument! Name call into counterpoint! Name call! Straw man! Argue! Counterpoint! Dumb argument! Dumb Counter Point! Irrelevant statement! Name Call! Revisit dumb argument! Name call into counterpoint! Name call! Straw man! Argue! Counterpoint! How dare you! Counter point! I know better than the professionals with zero inside information! Dumb argument! Dumb Counter Point! Irrelevant statement! Name Call! Straw man! Argue! Counterpoint! Revisit dumb argument! Name call into counterpoint! Name call!