What's new

Rest Easy, The Jazz Will Be Awful

do you know how bad that team is defensively ??
It’s really a simple comparison… compare our roster to SA, OKC, Houston, Indiana and Charlotte (these guys will suck). How many guys do they have that can help you win games? How many do they have that they will play a ton of minutes that are dev projects that will actively work against them winning?

We can be bad and not be bad enough… the bar is high (low?).

If you told me right now I can take 5th best odds versus where we could finish... I take those 5th best odds faster than THT takes the last Crumble cookie.

the kid seems to really have his head on straight... Scoot too. Memphis culture is driven by Ja... GS Steph/Dray... Offloading JC, Mike, KO, Beasley, Vando... really won't end up killing us in a year or two.

Culture doesn't do **** for you if you don't have the talent to win a championship. Do everything you can to get a generational talent and worry about culture after.

do you know how bad that team is defensively ??
It is bad defensively but it will still be good offensively and we have a bunch of veteran players in our rotation.

Other teams are looking to completely bottom out this year with young guys.

I still think we'll be bad, just more like 5th-8th worst team in the league as opposed to 1st-3rd.

(the THT deal was a money saving deal too)
Despite Danny fleecing teams this offseason, most teams don't really just trade away draft capital to do it. The Lakers were limited with the picks they could trade and I'd guess a lot of teams were hesitant to meet our demands after our other trades earlier in the offseason.

Mmm, yeah. Dominating the ball, driving into the teeth of the defense, launching off-balance, mid-range jumpers, making a good play once out of 3 or 4 attempts. We're close.
That happens in the regular season and this coach won't have the lockeroom either. No way Sexton and Markannen are down with tanking at this point in their careers so both will try to play good basketball. Only chance of being worst team is both of them never playing and handing the keys to THT or JC if he isn't shipped to a contender at the trade deadline

That happens in the regular season and this coach won't have the lockeroom either. No way Sexton and Markannen are down with tanking at this point in their careers so both will try to play good basketball. Only chance of being worst team is both of them never playing and handing the keys to THT or JC if he isn't shipped to a contender at the trade deadline
Offload enough stuff around them that they have to be amazing for us to win. Lauri isn’t mr. Durable and Sexton can be load managed because of his knee injury last year. Hold him out of back to backs.

If a couple additional teams lean in I want to be able to finish with the 5th best chances at the lotto. We just have to bite the bullet and move some pieces… JC and Vando can for sure be moved. Mike might need an injury first. Beasley, Stanley can also be moved and likely get something.

It may not return 50% of the traditional value… but this is not a traditional draft.

Outside of last season (Sexton was hurt) Sexton/Lauri's teams have been amongst the worst in the league despite their production.

I think the other teams that will fully be looking to embrace the tank are the Spurs, Thunder, Pacers, and Rockets.

The Spurs are pretty devoid of any real star level talent but they have some interesting young pieces and Pop raises their floor. The Thunder lost Chet for the year but they should still win some games with SGA/Giddey and the rest of their young guys. The Rockets might be too good to tank if Jalen Green takes the next step this year. And Indiana as it stands will be in a similar boat to us as long as they're holding onto Turner/Buddy.

Im pretty concerned. Jazz are too good imo. Trade conley for garbage, sit clarkson and KO with fake injuries and play rudy gay 35 minutes per night and i will feel better.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

I'm not worry about what coming next. If the goal is to tank as much as possible ( and pray for luck), then we will do it. Limit Mike, JC, KO at 20/25 min, don't put them in 4th, rest them with fake injuries and we ended with 15-20 win. No issues.

Outside of last season (Sexton was hurt) Sexton/Lauri's teams have been amongst the worst in the league despite their production.

I think the other teams that will fully be looking to embrace the tank are the Spurs, Thunder, Pacers, and Rockets.

The Spurs are pretty devoid of any real star level talent but they have some interesting young pieces and Pop raises their floor. The Thunder lost Chet for the year but they should still win some games with SGA/Giddey and the rest of their young guys. The Rockets might be too good to tank if Jalen Green takes the next step this year. And Indiana as it stands will be in a similar boat to us as long as they're holding onto Turner/Buddy.
Exactly, that's my point of view too, We have legit chance to be 1-3 pick although. we still need a lot of luck to land Victor