What's new

Rest Easy, The Jazz Will Be Awful

There's a chance, albeit a bit slim, that the Jazz are actually a touch worse than the Rockets this year. Could be close. I think they're a bit more athletic than we are, and they have a bit more size in their backcourt than we do.
And they have incentive to play their best players since their best players are their lottery picks.

Hopefully Ryan watches the Victor games and read the report that drafting Vic automatically increases a franchise's value by a half billion.

I think the Lakers played this super smart. Pretty soon teams will be asking for nothing in return to take Russ. They will just want to offload good players. Lowe talked about how that's been the talks between teams now. Basically good teams know these teams want to offload players, but now those teams have less leverage because of how many teams will want to tank

Hopefully Ryan watches the Victor games and read the report that drafting Vic automatically increases a franchise's value by a half billion.

I think the Lakers played this super smart. Pretty soon teams will be asking for nothing in return to take Russ. They will just want to offload good players. Lowe talked about how that's been the talks between teams now. Basically good teams know these teams want to offload players, but now those teams have less leverage because of how many teams will want to tank
I have a hard time thinking the Lakers are smart. Like I think this happened on accident if it ends up being smart. They have three tanking teams that could do a Russ deal (maybe 4 with Charlotte I guess). I don't think SA sells at a discount... they famously refused to send Kawhi to the Lakers as well. Unfortunately I don't think Ainge will sell at a discount either. Best hope is still Indiana relenting and doing just one pick.

Still a very real chance they keep Russ and burn a year of Lebron and AD while they wait for a perfect trade that never materializes. I think they have a better market now but curious if the act on it.

I have a hard time thinking the Lakers are smart. Like I think this happened on accident if it ends up being smart. They have three tanking teams that could do a Russ deal (maybe 4 with Charlotte I guess). I don't think SA sells at a discount... they famously refused to send Kawhi to the Lakers as well. Unfortunately I don't think Ainge will sell at a discount either. Best hope is still Indiana relenting and doing just one pick.

Still a very real chance they keep Russ and burn a year of Lebron and AD while they wait for a perfect trade that never materializes. I think they have a better market now but curious if the act on it.

View: https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/1578819382670950400

They just signed your God

The Lakers do not want continuing salary. That has been very clear. Nor are they giving up a draft pick. So why the hell would a team give them expirings to take on Russ just to cut him. They could just cut the original players and remove the Lakers completely from the process.

If you are the Lakers why do you want an extra year of Buddy Hield for $18,568,183? You have pretty much already conceded the season you are better off letting Russ expire.

I’m not worried at all, and I’ve prepared my mind for the tank. I’m going to watch every game and cheer missed shots and boo made shots, I’m expecting a stress free year, unless the jazz are better than I think they are.

I

If Lamelo is healthy they won't be anywhere near the bottom 3.
No... but I can see them easily getting to the bottom 5 or 6 or being close enough to shut him down. Bridges was their second best player... they added nothing... had the worst coaching search after firing a good coach. If Ball, Hayward, Rozier miss 10-15 games at any point in the first 40ish... they may just say **** it and tank.

Will watch more closely tonight... Porty hasn't been good pre-season... so maybe some stuff they are doing got us loose. Tonight is a good tank test... see if the tank is strong enough.