What's new

Rest Easy, The Jazz Will Be Awful

Terry Rozier, Kelly Oubre, Mason Plumlee, PJ Washington...there's some toughness there. Plus, they just got Hayward back. They should still be better than we are.
You just posted mason plumlee like it was a good thing… go back and think about what you said.

Hayward is working back from some knee stuff already… if he plays more than 50 games I’ll be shocked. The other guys you mentioned are fine… now look at the rest of the 8-9 man rotation.

Hornets will be bottom 6… how much Lamelo plays will determine if they end up bottom three.

We send a strong message today to our opponents. If they wanna go for 25, we might go for 20. If they make a run to 20 we can go to 15.....pretty easy to manage :

- A lot of Gay, THT, NAW... on the field.
- Give green card to JC to shoot 20 every night. Every 10 games he might go for 35 pts but most of the night he will remain at 15/20 ( and 35%...)
- Sit Mike every 2 games. Let him play only against good teams where will may loose anyway and put the ''tanking dream team'' against our competitors...

.....season will be long and painful to watch. But if we ended with Victor or Scott......

The Pacers beat the Knicks tonight rather impressively. Benedict Mathurin is looking great, 27 pts tonight. Jazz should definitely duck the Pacers.

fivethirtyeight RAPTOR projections are in...

Yet another model that see the Jazz as a MUCH BETTER team than most here think we will be. The projection is for 38 wins and 38% chance of a making the playoffs. I will reiterate again - unless we make some moves we will be nowhere near the absolute bottom of the league.

Yet another model that see the Jazz as a MUCH BETTER team than most here think we will be. The projection is for 38 wins and 38% chance of a making the playoffs. I will reiterate again - unless we make some moves we will be nowhere near the absolute bottom of the league.

Yeah...I'm sure these model's overrate us....but even if with drastic changes that the models don't predict (including trades), I don't see how we're going to lose 15-20 games under expectation from the models.

Looks like the most mid player imaginable. Can't believe this dude scored 24 a game
He looks nothing like he does on film from pre injury as far as in game speed yet imo. He is maybe being asked to take it slow in meaningless games??? He is also maybe not the same player now? I also think he is more than a volume scorer on a bad team.He showed a lot of heads up passing skills over the course of time, despite rarely having teammates that could convert.
Looks like whenever Garland was on rest/injured etc. Sexton showed a lot more advanced reads than I expected. So if they give him the point guard gig behind Mike for half a season than hand him the keys after the Mike Conley trade that is coming in January, or I guess next season after a tank. I think he proves to at least be a reasonble floor general that can get you 20/8 on average which will be more than ok, at that salary,if they start winning, until they find someone better , or at minimum get a decent return for him later on. If he is unhappy or something with the Jazz going into tank mode, I mean, if they sold him a different story before he signed the contract, then he might just sandbag until they flip him.

Lol, ok.

they do tank it will be 18 wins max imo, they try to win at all it will be alot bigger margin of possibilities . I bet 25 is the floor if trying to develop the youth and win, and 35 is the floor if they play Mike, Vander and the Cleveland 3 with one of Malik or JC in the 6 and plenty of other rotational options. the biggest issue on winning hangs on health and lack of depth of the front court imo.

Yeah...I'm sure these model's overrate us....but even if with drastic changes that the models don't predict (including trades), I don't see how we're going to lose 15-20 games under expectation from the models.
The article calls out that there’s an unaccounted for bias in the reality that the Jazz will almost certainly trade/sit guys and develop youth though. That could easily account for the discrepancy

We send a strong message today to our opponents. If they wanna go for 25, we might go for 20. If they make a run to 20 we can go to 15.....pretty easy to manage :

- A lot of Gay, THT, NAW... on the field.
- Give green card to JC to shoot 20 every night. Every 10 games he might go for 35 pts but most of the night he will remain at 15/20 ( and 35%...)
- Sit Mike every 2 games. Let him play only against good teams where will may loose anyway and put the ''tanking dream team'' against our competitors...

.....season will be long and painful to watch. But if we ended with Victor or Scott......
Great Scott!

After listening to Locke today it sounds like they are going to start Conley, Clarkson, and Olynyk and keep Gay. Yuk. What's the point of trying to win 30 games on the backs of guys that are on the wrong side of 30? It's something the Knicks would do.

I'd much rather start all the kids and see if any of them develop into keepers. To me that would be more entertaining even if they win fewer games. This is the season they should actually be gunning to win 22 games.

After listening to Locke today it sounds like they are going to start Conley, Clarkson, and Olynyk and keep Gay. Yuk. What's the point of trying to win 30 games on the backs of guys that are on the wrong side of 30? It's something the Knicks would do.

I'd much rather start all the kids and see if any of them develop into keepers. To me that would be more entertaining even if they win fewer games. This is the season they should actually be gunning to win 22 games.

Gay isn't going to help the Jazz win games. He can't shoot. He can't defend. He does grab some rebounds though.

Last edited:
Gay isn't going to help the Jazz win games. He can't shoot. He can't defend. He does grab some rebounds though.
Agreed but I'd much rather them try to develop someone like Bolmaro rather than give those minutes to Gay. Neither one is going to help them wins. Conley,etc can definitely help them win games though.

I could *potentially* see someone like Pop and the Spurs developing Bolmaro.
Honestly will be a little unhappy if they keep Gay only to find out his salary is untradeable, esp if Bolmaro turns into a serviceable player on another team.