What's new

Rest Easy, The Jazz Will Be Awful

We don't have Don and Rudy, but we almost have the same number of rotation players and also have the same number of high level prospects that demand time (0).

I incorrectly assumed that we would gut the roster down...at least we'd be very bad. Right now, we're just stockpiled with mediocre and below average players/picks.

We don't have Don and Rudy, but we almost have the same number of rotation players and also have the same number of high level prospects that demand time (0).

I incorrectly assumed that we would gut the roster down...at least we'd be very bad. Right now, we're just stockpiled with mediocre and below average players/picks.
I just feel like not enough people have looked at the true bottom feeding teams from the last couple years. It gets hard to be the worst of the worst and we are deep with good functional NBA players.

Lamelo Ball now reported to miss the start of the regular season... They will take their sweet *** time getting him back to the court.

They go like 1-9 to start the season they may be the front runners for Wemby.

I just feel like not enough people have looked at the true bottom feeding teams from the last couple years. It gets hard to be the worst of the worst and we are deep with good functional NBA players.

Lamelo Ball now reported to miss the start of the regular season... They will take their sweet *** time getting him back to the court.

They go like 1-9 to start the season they may be the front runners for Wemby.

You're right....to be a bottom feeding team, you need to have 48 minutes of getting your *** beat because some other team(s) will. If you have a passible starting group or bench, one or the other, you're probably out of the running.

I was watching that game and thinking to myself that both WAS and CHO have more potential to be bottom feeders than the Jazz. Their talent is more condensed at the top, have injury prone key players, and have more young players in their rotation to begin with. They are better teams who should win more, but if they're feeling the Wemby/Scoot fever they'll have an easier time dropping down.

The Jazz have a lot of crappy young players, but they're not all getting time. There's only time for 1-2 of them and chances are 1-2 of them are going to be solid players. That would give us 9-10 competent players...which is great, but not great if you're hoping for the top of the draft. I think we'll be in 6-10 lottery position this year, and I don't think we necessarily get a better draft position in the following seasons.

Ball with a 4-5 week absence.. they can stretch that out if they want. We looking at like 15-20 games missed... they are so bad... Rozier, Oubre, Gordon Hayward (who is just coming back from a knee and likely is managed all year).

I think they are absolutely going to be a fav for the #1 spot after the first month of the season.

You're right....to be a bottom feeding team, you need to have 48 minutes of getting your *** beat because some other team(s) will. If you have a passible starting group or bench, one or the other, you're probably out of the running.

I was watching that game and thinking to myself that both WAS and CHO have more potential to be bottom feeders than the Jazz. Their talent is more condensed at the top, have injury prone key players, and have more young players in their rotation to begin with. They are better teams who should win more, but if they're feeling the Wemby/Scoot fever they'll have an easier time dropping down.

The Jazz have a lot of crappy young players, but they're not all getting time. There's only time for 1-2 of them and chances are 1-2 of them are going to be solid players. That would give us 9-10 competent players...which is great, but not great if you're hoping for the top of the draft. I think we'll be in 6-10 lottery position this year, and I don't think we necessarily get a better draft position in the following seasons.
Washington was actually not horrible without Beal last year. They are like us without Beal tbh... they are sub .500 but not by as much as you might think. We will end up 6-8th if Danny doesn't get aggressive.

Hornets got me shook... they legit could be like 1-14 or 2-13 when Lamelo comes back. Its an injury that is easy to aggravate too.

Lack of defense > wInNinG cUlTuRe.

Also, it's hilarious watching Rudy Gay play. I honestly think Tony Jones could be more productive in his spot.

I honestly don't see how the Jazz can win games. Their defense is below average, and I think their offense will be close to the bottom of the league. Unless someone like Markkanen, Beasley, Clarkson or THT go off for like 35 pts, the Jazz are going to come up short every night.