What's new

Ric Bucher reporting Jazz have signed Randy Foye to a 1-year deal

Even if he is in the D-League he still counts towards the roster count. Chances are the Jazz aren't going to carry 15 players, as they want the extra spot for trade flexibility. If they buy-out Raja they might sign him.

Yeah but you were counting Bell, and he's gone, even if its not formally official yet

You can have all the shooters in the world but they aren't going to be worth a damn if they can never get open shots. We'll see.

Watson + Al Jeff for Royce White? or for something? It seems like a strange roster as currently comprised.

I definitely felt the Jazz needed to sign another wing, and Foye is a solid choice. I think they needed one that could play SF, but that doesn't mean I don't like it.

Murphy certainly wouldn't have expected to be a rotation player, but I expect him signed and to be the fifth/sixth wing. What's interesting is that realistically speaking, only Marvin and Hayward can really claim to be small forwards, yet they are the projected starters at the wing (man, I completely forgot about Carroll). Can Foye and Burks be the wings on the floor at the same time? That's pretty small. And no, Foye is nowhere near point guard material.

Williams/Watsley/Tinston

Hayward \
Williams /Foye-Burks--Caroll-Murphy

Millsap/Favors/Evans
Jefferson/Kanter

I approve.

I like Foye because he can help spread the floor. Great pickup, he can backup Mo Williams and play a little SG.

Mo Williams (30), Foye (18)
Hayward (20), Burks (24), Foye (4)
Marvin Williams (27), Hayward (11), Millsap (10)
Derrick Favors (32), Millsap (18)
Jefferson (30), Kanter (18)

You can have all the shooters in the world but they aren't going to be worth a damn if they can never get open shots. We'll see.

Or on the bench? I mean, does anyone really think we're closing games with Foye? Just sayin'. I actually like the pickup but man oh man, Burks is gonna get screwed and this board is going to melt down.

Or maybe this is a harbinger of Jefferson, Millsap and Burks for Dwight.

I like Foye because he can help spread the floor. Great pickup, he can backup Mo Williams and play a little SG.

Foye is not anywhere near able to be a point guard.

Our best player gets only 28 minutes? LOL. Watson and Tinsley with 82 DNP's? LOL.

Watson + Al Jeff for Royce White? or for something? It seems like a strange roster as currently comprised.

I don't think we're in the market for a ball-dominant, pass-first PF right now. Houston definitely needs to make some moves though to even out their roster.

Even if he is in the D-League he still counts towards the roster count. Chances are the Jazz aren't going to carry 15 players, as they want the extra spot for trade flexibility. If they buy-out Raja they might sign him.
So that will be 14. There's not a chance in hell Raja will be with the team come training camp.

Murphy will definitely play in the D-league. He showed promise, but was pretty inconsistent in SL. Jazz just got deeper. If everyone's healthy, yes, there are problems with PT at the bigs, wings and even PG. But how many players end up playing in 82 games. How many teams don't have one or even two serious injuries at some point to deal with?

Remember when we picked up Mo Williams and people thought it was a sign that Harris would get traded? Earl Watson has been in a few trade rumors. He's probably on the block. I think Foye is basically a back-up combo, though he could take some minutes from Burks/Hayward at the 2-guard. Lets see if Watson gets moved with one of our bigs or for a pick.

Edit: a bit late on this comment, sorry.

Difference is that Harris had some trade value. Who are we swapping Earl Watson for? If we have any positional need it's for a center, but no one is going to give us a center for Earl Watson.

I dont mind the trade from afar. I havent watched foye in many games, so dont have a proper basis to assess he fundamentals - the highlights certainly show he can throw an alley oop pass.

We really dont want to be playing watson do we? Watson was horrid the second half of last season - his jump shot was wayway off - I know his shooting form has always been a bit weird, but it started looking like he was shot putting that ball! He became non-existant on offence. A rotation of mo, foye, burks and tinsley thru pg/sg should work ok - with hayward and marv doing the sf with a little SG.

How do the Jazz keep things so quiet? I'm not sure how much the Jazz are paying Foye but he seems like a solid addition.