What's new

Ric Bucher reporting Jazz have signed Randy Foye to a 1-year deal

Everyone should ignore my post. I looked up Lowry like a dumbass. That said, is this really what we needed? Poor Burks.

Yeaah I'm not worried about Burks' place yet. After he dominated summer league I don't think they rushed to sign someone to take his minutes. There's always the Corbin factor to worry about though

Yeaah I'm not worried about Burks' place yet. After he dominated summer league I don't think they rushed to sign someone to take his minutes. There's always the Corbin factor to worry about though

Dominated? I wouldn't go that far. He played well but this signing could put his *** on the bench more than any of us want.

Wow! What's not to like? A 6'0" combo guard? His career 42%/33% marks? Though he has shot 37.5% the last two seasons I suppose. If he keeps his mouth shut, I'm fine with it but I think we needed a 5 more. Perhaps this is a sign a trade is in the works? Williams/Tinsley/Watson/Hayward/Burks/Murphy and now Lowry?

Burks is gonna get screwed in all this I have a feeling.

We got Foye. Not Lowry.

Mo Will
Earl Watson
Jamall Tinsley
Randy Foye
Gordon Hayward
Alec Burks
Raja Bell
Marvin Williams
Demarre Carroll
Paul Millsap
Derrick Favors
Jeremy Evans
Enes Kanter
Al Jefferson

That is 14 players on contract currently. I'm sure we will end up buying Raja out, so that would be 13. I guess Murphy still might make the team if we sign him, giving us 14.

There's no reason Murphy can't d-league style it this year regardless. It was doubtful he was gonna crack rotation this year

There's no reason Murphy can't d-league style it this year regardless. It was doubtful he was gonna crack rotation this year

Even if he is in the D-League he still counts towards the roster count. Chances are the Jazz aren't going to carry 15 players, as they want the extra spot for trade flexibility. If they buy-out Raja they might sign him.

I like it. He averaged 11.0 ppg last year and shot 39% from 3. And he can create off the dribble. You have to think he will be used as a 2 like he was mostly for the Clippers last year

Also agree this seems like a harbringer for some sort of move. We're definitely not going in with Watson, Tinsley along with Foye and Mo

Remember when we picked up Mo Williams and people thought it was a sign that Harris would get traded? Earl Watson has been in a few trade rumors. He's probably on the block. I think Foye is basically a back-up combo, though he could take some minutes from Burks/Hayward at the 2-guard. Lets see if Watson gets moved with one of our bigs or for a pick.

Edit: a bit late on this comment, sorry.