Ric Bucher thinks Dwill is the best pg because...

memo is money

No, but flaming him because he thinks NO has a good supporting cast is good. NO reloaded? Chandler out, Collison out, Ariza in. That is called reloading?

Maybe he is counting the return of West for his final year of the contract, the ballhog Jared Bayless and Belinelli in as "upgrades". Well... Marco has played well but he is not the guy who gives you reliable, elite scoring off the bench. He owes his efficient stats to open looks dished by CP3. The Jazz, when Okur comes back, will be much deeper than NOH. Our frontcourt and backcourt rotations are already one or two class ahead of theirs.

vslice02

This is an ESPN Insider debate between Ric Bucher and Chris Brussard, in which they argue who the best PG in the NBA is. Brussard takes CP3 (even though last year he claimed it was DWill) and Bucher takes Deron.
https://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider/news/story?id=5791960

Rehashing this debate is funny. The case now made for CP3 being the best PG in the league is that, despite Deron averaging better numbers (22 and 11 compared to 17 and 10) Chris Paul's team has a better record. It's a shame they didn't want to count wins into the debate from 2006-08 when Deron was averaging 19 and 10 and Paul 22 and 11.

Hopper

Banned
Ya gotta admit, though...Chrissy-girl has Deron flat-out beat in one category: Floppin like a strung-out crack ho.

InGameStrategy

Bucher is a retard. How can DWill not be telling anyone that he is frustrated but Bucher knows that he is frustrated. He must be telepathically connect to DWill right?
Um, I think that D-Will "told" Hayward that he was frustrated (at least previously).
Means of communication: a basketball flung in the rookie's direction.

Just like for best players and best lineups, the on-court performance is a key indicator of frustration or lack thereof.

LBJ is Exhibit A for that (dogging it in the playoffs last year after he pouted like a baby from losing an argument with his coach about who was guarding who).

DW's frustration level now? Lower. Amazing how wins do that.

TheSilencer1313

Okafor/West better than Jefferson/Millsap?? LMAO!

Come back to me when West is averaging 25 and 11, and Okafor is averaging 17 and 9.

akirac73

It's amazing how some people have perfected the art of making arguments without the need for little things such as FACTS or EVIDENCE.

Siro

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
It's amazing how some people have perfected the art of making arguments without the need for little things such as FACTS or EVIDENCE.

If everyone had facts and evidence, there would not be much to argue over, now would there?

Go Lakers

I agree Williams is the best point guard, however that is a terrible argument by Bucher.

Okafor is an average center, West is good but Milsap is better IMO. Jefferson when healthy is as good a center with the exception of Howard and maybe a healthy Yao.

Williams is the better player because he's more complete.

He is a better rebounder, just as good a scorer, much better defender, and a better closer IMO.

Jazzfannut83

Contributor
Funny tweet back and forth between Bill Simmons and Bucher...

sportsguy33
My question: How many more pro-Deron columns before they let you back in Utah? RT @RicBucher About to take my talents to an ESPN chat room.

RicBucher
@sportsguy33 to answer the bigger question: i'll keep beating the deron williams' drum til your ilk grasp why he's better than CP3.

dantheman

Say what you want, but one thing I know for sure is that we will smash NO when we play them next, what else matters?

NUMBERICA

This is an ESPN Insider debate between Ric Bucher and Chris Brussard, in which they argue who the best PG in the NBA is. Brussard takes CP3 (even though last year he claimed it was DWill) and Bucher takes Deron.
https://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider/news/story?id=5791960

Rehashing this debate is funny. The case now made for CP3 being the best PG in the league is that, despite Deron averaging better numbers (22 and 11 compared to 17 and 10) Chris Paul's team has a better record. It's a shame they didn't want to count wins into the debate from 2006-08 when Deron was averaging 19 and 10 and Paul 22 and 11.
+2. EXCELLENT point.