What's new

Ric Bucher thinks Dwill is the best pg because...

In an ESPN insider article, Chris Broussard and Ric Bucher argue about who the best pg is. Broussard thinks it's Paul, and Bucher thinks it's Dwill. However, his main argument is Chris Paul has a better supporting cast than Dwill.. Ummm what?? Due to it being insider I'm not going to post the article, but he does answer a question about it in today's chat:

Jared (Philly)

I agree with much of what you said about D-Will vs. CP-3, but do you really think CP-3 has a better supporting cast? Millsap and Jefferson are probably better than West and Okafor...

Ric Bucher (1:20 PM)

I don't think it's even close, especially when you factor in the psychological part: NO reloaded as best they could at CP3's behest. Utah let a bunch of pieces walk for nothing. CP also is coming back to a frontline he's played with before. Deron isn't dialed into Al at all yet.

https://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/35405/nba-with-ric-bucher

scott (chicago)

Everyone talks about CP3 leaving when his deal is done, how come D-Will doesn't get any talk about where he could end up? Utah is a classic middle of the row team that never really gets all the way to the top

Ric Bucher (1:09 PM)

Deron has been smarter and more responsible about it. There are no rumors leaking out because he's not telling friends he's frustrated. Though he is. He'll give Utah everything he has and make a decision when his option to leave is available. I respect that to the Nth degree.

Deron (SLC)

Why do I turn the ball over so much? I'm usually always in the Top 10 in the league.

Ric Bucher (1:27 PM)

Because you lost the best hands on your team to Chicago and you're having to work twice as hard at both ends because you don't have any perimeter shooters or defenders. But you knew that.

Deron (SLC)

I could never have CP3's supporting cast and be 7-0 right now.

Ric Bucher (2:10 PM)

That's another thing I like about you, Deron – your modesty. Because you're right. You'd be 8-0.

Chat still going …

Bucher is a retard. How can DWill not be telling anyone that he is frustrated but Bucher knows that he is frustrated. He must be telepathically connect to DWill right?

Wow, flaming him because he doesn't give the criteria we want for Deron being the best PG? #TreesForest

Wow, flaming him because he doesn't give the criteria we want for Deron being the best PG? #TreesForest

No, but flaming him because he thinks NO has a good supporting cast is good. NO reloaded? Chandler out, Collison out, Ariza in. That is called reloading?

No, but flaming him because he thinks NO has a good supporting cast is good. NO reloaded? Chandler out, Collison out, Ariza in. That is called reloading?

Maybe he is counting the return of West for his final year of the contract, the ballhog Jared Bayless and Belinelli in as "upgrades". Well... Marco has played well but he is not the guy who gives you reliable, elite scoring off the bench. He owes his efficient stats to open looks dished by CP3. The Jazz, when Okur comes back, will be much deeper than NOH. Our frontcourt and backcourt rotations are already one or two class ahead of theirs.

This is an ESPN Insider debate between Ric Bucher and Chris Brussard, in which they argue who the best PG in the NBA is. Brussard takes CP3 (even though last year he claimed it was DWill) and Bucher takes Deron.
https://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider/news/story?id=5791960

Rehashing this debate is funny. The case now made for CP3 being the best PG in the league is that, despite Deron averaging better numbers (22 and 11 compared to 17 and 10) Chris Paul's team has a better record. It's a shame they didn't want to count wins into the debate from 2006-08 when Deron was averaging 19 and 10 and Paul 22 and 11.

Ya gotta admit, though...Chrissy-girl has Deron flat-out beat in one category: Floppin like a strung-out crack ho.

Bucher is a retard. How can DWill not be telling anyone that he is frustrated but Bucher knows that he is frustrated. He must be telepathically connect to DWill right?
Um, I think that D-Will "told" Hayward that he was frustrated (at least previously).
Means of communication: a basketball flung in the rookie's direction.

Just like for best players and best lineups, the on-court performance is a key indicator of frustration or lack thereof.

LBJ is Exhibit A for that (dogging it in the playoffs last year after he pouted like a baby from losing an argument with his coach about who was guarding who).

DW's frustration level now? Lower. Amazing how wins do that.

Okafor/West better than Jefferson/Millsap?? LMAO!

Come back to me when West is averaging 25 and 11, and Okafor is averaging 17 and 9.

It's amazing how some people have perfected the art of making arguments without the need for little things such as FACTS or EVIDENCE.

It's amazing how some people have perfected the art of making arguments without the need for little things such as FACTS or EVIDENCE.

If everyone had facts and evidence, there would not be much to argue over, now would there?