What's new

Ricky Rubio

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
2024 Award Winner
15970e92fe8c6ca1e0e903227ceaf613.jpg

Rubio made $13.4M on his contract this year the Jazz have enough cap space to take him without sending any salary back. What would a potential deal look like?

I would offer them a trade like this:

Utah trades:

2018 Oklahoma City 1st-round pick
2021 Washington 2nd-round pick

Minnesota trades:

Ricky Rubio

Would that be enough to close the deal? What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

i dont get why so many people want to get rubio? The reason he is being traded is because he cant shoot and ruins spacing. Why do we want him to ruin the spacing on the Jazz?

Rubio made $13.4M on his contract this year the Jazz have enough cap space to take him without sending any salary back. What would a potential deal look like?

Utah trades:

Minnesota trades:

Ricky Rubio

I think that is enough imo and it might be more than anyone interested really can offer. I'd try to get him just for second rounders although if Westbrook doesn't sign his extension this offseason I think OKC could move him and that pick becomes a second rounder anyway.

I think it would essentially be a sign and trade for Hill for them as I think they'd go hard for him and likely get him.

i dont get why so many people want to get rubio? The reason he is being traded is because he cant shoot and ruins spacing. Why do we want him to ruin the spacing on the Jazz?

He's a good player... not perfect by any means.

That particular team needs spacing bad... with Deng, Wiggins, Butler, KAT and not much shooting off the bench. I think they have too many guys that need the ball too.

I think it is short sighted and we should step in and steal him... he constantly is one of the league leaders in RPM... he's a great defender.

He's a good player... not perfect by any means.

That particular team needs spacing bad... with Deng, Wiggins, Butler, KAT and not much shooting off the bench. I think they have too many guys that need the ball too.

I think it is short sighted and we should step in and steal him... he constantly is one of the league leaders in RPM... he's a great defender.

He was top-5 in the league in assists this year and he's still only 26.

Danny Leroux mentioned on Dunc'd on that an option for Minnesota is Rubio for S&T of George Hill.

Danny Leroux mentioned on Dunc'd on that an option for Minnesota is Rubio for S&T of George Hill.

That sounds good to me. We'd get to keep our assets. I would only do this of course if Hill said he isn't coming back or we can't agree on a contract.

He was top-5 in the league in assists this year and he's still only 26.

I like him.

I think a psuedo sign and trade is ideal for us, because we'd already have the situation taken care of.

I think if we had offered a first rounder the deal would already be done.

I'd sign Teodosic before trading for Rubio. Yes, he's a better defender, but his shooting doesn't just suck -- it's abysmal.

Hill + Beverly > Hill > Beverly > Teodosic > Deron >>> Rubio.

Hasn't Minnesota said they are keeping Rubio and like good fit with the team? Maybe it's a bluff I guess.

Utah trades:

Minnesota trades:

Ricky Rubio

There's no way in hell I would trade the OKC 1st for Rubio. He's a middling, at best, point guard and that pick is one Westbrook injury away from being a top 5 pick.

Rubio is pretty good. I get that he can't shoot... he does everything else so well. I do wonder if there is a chance he gets a little more consistent. If the options were Rubio on his current deal or Hill on his next one then Rubio may be better.

I like Rubio and all, but he is basically as bad of a fit as you can get with Utah, especially if Hayward leaves.